Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 08:53 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund_Burke View Post
I'm conservative, that's bunk. I don't believe in tenure and I think all teachers should be tested for competence on a regular basis. Principals should have much more power to do what's necessary. End busing and bring back neighborhood schools with the voucher being the last resort for the rare genius. Meritocracy on all levels and for all. If a kid is not cutting the classroom by 14 then send him to vocational training like germany and Taiwan does.
Segregation wow wake up Dems these people are looking to take us back to those good Ole days of separate but equal. Its getting worse and worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 08:58 AM

93 posts, read 59,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Segregation wow wake up Dems these people are looking to take us back to those good Ole days of separate but equal. Its getting worse and worse.
How is forced busing "segregation"?

Old 06-03-2012, 08:59 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
And white folks have nothing to do with lack of disparity in any workplace in America. They just "like who they like" and that is what? The best person for the job.
"The best person for the job" nearly always gets the job. That doesn't mean they're competent....it just means that the person doing the hiring thought that person was the best at that time. Frankly, that's all that matters.

Look...i'm not getting into a p*ssing match over quotas. Everyone gets what they deserve eventually. Just like whites feel no guilt over any good situations they may find themselves in, neither should blacks or any other minorities. No minority should ever feel as if any good situation came at the expense of a white person.

That's really all i have to say about it.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:00 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Its more like blacks will not be the best qualified in his and all conservatives minds. Its code.
Best qualified= white
Of course. That's EXACTLY what he meant, but just wouldn't confirm.

They oughta know by now that the code on that type of language has been broken for years....it aint quite as cryptic as it used to be.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:49 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,973 times
[quote=Hot_Handz;24579271]So if the real money makers were black...diversity wouldn't matter in regards to the 1,000 hired under them??

LOL....the logic is an epic FAIL throughout this thread and people really need to work on their transparency.

So far what we've learned in this thread today....
  • Diversity is good and every employer should strive for it....competence is secondary.
  • There is ALWAYS a black or minority equally or more qualified to a caucasian applicant....even if the hiring pool of blacks to whites is significantly less
  • The immensely disproportionate number of black athletes to white athlets in the NBA, NFL and Boxing is "not black peoples fault"....even though nobody in this thread ever stated it was LOL
  • Affirmative action was "tried" in the NBA in favor of caucasians and they "didn't like it"....but that was OK because the majority of owners are white.
  • There is a huge diversity problem in the NBA and NFL in terms of athletes but that's OK because all the players are black
  • There is a huge diversity problem in the NBA an NFL in terms of ownership and that's NOT OK because virtually all owners are white

So when does this thread get thrown in the trash where it belongs?[/QUOTE]

I guess when some simple minded folks stop automatically equating white with competent and black as incompetent.

When some idiots can stop seeing every black achievement as to the number of basketball players.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:51 AM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,670 times
Quote:
Bc education has improved since the 60s? I didn't know minorities were barred from other neighborhoods nowadays.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:53 AM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Obviously reading comprehension escapes you...
Why do you support busing? It has not produced any results except white and black middle class flight. It also waste of gas, that hurts the nvironment.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:04 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,991 times
[quote=reconmark;24580825]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
So if the real money makers were black...diversity wouldn't matter in regards to the 1,000 hired under them??

LOL....the logic is an epic FAIL throughout this thread and people really need to work on their transparency.

So far what we've learned in this thread today....
  • Diversity is good and every employer should strive for it....competence is secondary.
  • There is ALWAYS a black or minority equally or more qualified to a caucasian applicant....even if the hiring pool of blacks to whites is significantly less
  • The immensely disproportionate number of black athletes to white athlets in the NBA, NFL and Boxing is "not black peoples fault"....even though nobody in this thread ever stated it was LOL
  • Affirmative action was "tried" in the NBA in favor of caucasians and they "didn't like it"....but that was OK because the majority of owners are white.
  • There is a huge diversity problem in the NBA and NFL in terms of athletes but that's OK because all the players are black
  • There is a huge diversity problem in the NBA an NFL in terms of ownership and that's NOT OK because virtually all owners are white

So when does this thread get thrown in the trash where it belongs?[/QUOTE]

I guess when some simple minded folks stop automatically equating white with competent and black as incompetent.

When some idiots can stop seeing every black achievement as to the number of basketball players.
Nobody did that....at least in this thread

Or did you mean "When some idiots can discern when a dynamic is being talked about and not the actual people and their acheivments"

Old 06-03-2012, 11:59 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
They have already been corrected and the continuation of these policies is detrimental to everyone. Let me ask you something, do you think the great-great-grandchildren of these kids should be compensated?

Probably everyone one them were dead before they were 30 with some of them dead before they teenagers. Both the children and the adults would have been treated much worse than your average slave because they were expendable unlike a slave who was considered property. I know your argument is going to be they had choice but do you really think a mother is is going to choose to let their 10 year old boy work in such harsh conditions?

The point is rich white man exploited everyone, not just blacks.
You’re going to have to add information about what’s going on in the picture to put it in the correct context. But regarding compensation I don’t believe compensation was brought up before now. I don’t believe this is the time or place to bring up any type of reparations because it doesn’t have anything to due with diversity.

No one has said rich white men didn’t exploit others. In my opinion not all rich white men are exploiters either. But you can’t deny with any credibility and a straight face blacks have been exploited the most in recent history.

****edit****
I almost forgot to rebuttal against your most absurd statement in this post. "They have already been corrected and the continuation of these policies is detrimental to everyone." Nothing has been corrected and the same personality types who fought to keep slavery & Jim Crow are now fighting to eliminate diversity in the workforce.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:12 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
I'm awake and aware. What needs to happen is those who are aware need to become more active. We need to ensure our family and friends vote every time. We need to ensure those people we know who don't vote get off their butts. And one of the most important things is we need to vote in every election (PTA, school boards, local, state, etc.) and not just in the presidential elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies