Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 04:49 PM

15,523 posts, read 10,489,155 times

Advertisements

He wants a second term so he can meet with insurance companies behind our backs again, that's a laugh. His so called transparency was one big lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
If he does it right, we'll have single-payer. It works in the rest of the Western World. If they can do it, I feel confident America could find a way.
Unfortunately not going to happen. I'll be happy with the public option, but that won't even happen.

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
I think one olyl has to look back at his and Hialary;s debates to see what he wanted. He didn't write the healthcare bill just had input..Neither promoted a one payer system and Hillary had already gone to defeat on that when Bill was president.They couldn't score it anyway they tried and they tried. Obama's main differnce was he was not for a mandate. He said it was unenforcable and his campaign estiamted that 15 million would not buy it even if required.What I think he is really looking at is the helthcare bill passed is way under funded as scored as CBO. CBO how says at what has happened says it will cost much more.He also knows that much of the savings never were going to happen as they always don't for scorig purposes. He also thought that once passed most woulld see it as settled which they haven't.Latest CBIO estimate I have seen several months ago estmates that by 2020 15 million will still not be covered.that as written its lie 1.5 trillon under funded. Jusat the numbers of exemptions has grown and they report why; which is mosltly cost based.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:25 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Unfortunately not going to happen. I'll be happy with the public option, but that won't even happen.
Not under Obama anyway. He had his one shot. He will not get another even if he wins re-election.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:34 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Hmmm...wonder if he got a heads up from his two appointees on the court.

In public, he's confident the law won't be overturned, but in private, to the money bags, he saying he might need a redo.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:16 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
hey guys look at it this way.. If Obama was so confident that Obamacare was going to be ruled constitutional, and he's looking for a way to re-do it.. doesnt this mean he's admitting his own policies are a complete failure?
Yes that would be how it seems. But with him you have to watch what both hands are doing and which side of his mouth he is talking from.

This is a campaign promise he will not keep. He just wants to be able to implement it so it cannot be undone by the next president.
But then again thousands have an exemption from it all together and while they push obamacare is so great none of them will have it.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:37 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
If he does it right, we'll have single-payer. It works in the rest of the Western World. If they can do it, I feel confident America could find a way.
What happens to him if the Dems lose the Senate and fail to win the House? He won't get a do over that way, but he really thinks they can do what they did in his first 2 years.

There will be no single-payer whether he wins or not because the Dems won't carry both houses of Congress and that shuts him down for a do over.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:13 AM

764 posts, read 597,049 times
Quote:
No chance. Even if he wanted it, which I now doubt, it would never happen. If the Democrats couldn't get a Public Option* with a near Super Majority, and major support for the newly sworn in President Obama, there's no way they could now. Even if they got the House back.

(*Too be fair, they did have a President who was making deals by the Summer of 2009 to back away from talk of a Public Option. Hope you have fun being a industry puppet for the rest of your Presidency, Obama.)

Old 06-03-2012, 05:36 AM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
That is the only way it will work in my opinion.

Old 06-03-2012, 05:39 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,636 times
Obama wants.

Americans don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies