Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2012, 03:29 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times

Advertisements

[quote=stick2dascript;24630320]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

When I was a teen in didn't have a girlfriend because I could tell speak, I lost my virginity at 21. I always wanted slim girls who were into me, didn't care if they were needs or not.

My speech was very bad in my younger years.
There's is your problem,and a lot of black men too. They are too picky.
How do you know the 200 pound woman wouldn't have been a great wife and lover?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 03:30 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,304 times
[quote=stick2dascript;24630233]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post

Alot if jobs that require little skills and training you on the job don't pay much over 30k. In Florida police officers start off at 16, post office, lots of construction jobs, bus drivers and more pay around that. Also, alot didn't go to school at a younger age and are essentially playing catch up at a older ages and these companies pray off that, lower wages knowing people will take jobs. What alot of black women are after is alpha males, the guys who made all the right moves at a young age and are now successful but that pool of black men is real small. I'm 37, and I'm on a bunch of drugs to deal with issues concerning my speech impediment as well as me not making more than 30k, society will label me a bum. Alot of times it's the free spirited nature of black men that makes them attractive, they don't care, let's have fun approach to life since you feel people will constantly crap on you anyways. People don't know my story but they'll last el me by my income regardless, black men get the worse of this.

My point was so that black women cannot soley judge a man by his income and that's really what most are doing and that's a lot of the reason why many are single and frustrated even though their careers oriented and have good jobs.

These women that have kids are having them young, like another poster said it's not a 35 year old black women popping up kids outta wedlock its a 21 year old who got knocked up by a sweet talking dude who probably felt the world is against him anyways. I'm 37 and feel the world is against me so I know younger men can relate.

The state of the black community isn't good to run around thinking your Becky from Beverly Hills.

These black men fell worthless when no one wants them at a older ages and now they become bitter so even if they do get successful one day their bitter a day basically just old players.
I'm sorry about your situation, but unfortunately the fact of the matter is that a man's income does matter for a woman that is looking to build a family and who has a decent income herself. As I said on another page, I know a 24 year old young black male making 70k as a truck driver. He didn't do anything special in HS. He barely graduated even. He didn't go to college. But he did make sacrifices. When he turned 21 he did "on the road" trucking(where he is driving from state to state and only going home once a month to visit for a few days) and he did that for a year and a half. He was then able to get "local" good paying trucking jobs. He has two kids and a wife to support, so he did what he had to.

As I said on another thread, the black men I know that make 30k and below are those that don't have great job skills, did not go to college, etc. A majority of the black men that I know make middle class-to upper class incomes and they are either college educated, went into the trades, military, etc.

But no one can expect a woman to seriously be okay with a man barely making enough to get by, if that woman wants a family someday. It has nothing to do with being a "becky from Beverly Hills". It has something to do with wanting to be with a man that can contribute or provide. Which is an important and attractive trait for MOST women(regardless of race).

And actually I believe that educated career-orientated attractive women have no issue meeting quality men if they put themselves out there. I do believe that there are single women that are frustrated and bitter, but the stereotype that all educated professional black women are single because they are too picky-is played out. There is nothing wrong with a woman wanting a man who is in a good financial and educational position. Women should not have to settle if they don't want to.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:32 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,887,574 times
Quote:
What he doesn't understand is that it cuts both ways.
How many teen boys are paying attention to the quiet girl who is average looking in the back of the class?

Yet,they try to chase the popular ones and then complain about women later on in life only liking thugs.

The fact that people rarely give this example in comparison to the often spoke of, rejected smart black guy proves this stereotypical ignored quiet girl is not common.

Sorry, quiet, cute and average looking girls DO NOT get passed up in school. I'd love to see if boys thought this stereotypical girl was average or if they considered her unattractive, overweight, or both.

Women tend to over-inflate the looks of other women they care about, most men have been given the "she's cute" line for a friend who was unattractive or overweight.

In my experience, the quiet girl always had a boyfriend or wanted the same boy all the other girls wanted. I've seen this with my own eyes, in my own high school, and so have other guys in other parts of the country who post online. Many of us have even seen the quiet and smart girls chase the thugs and players.

Nice try.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
I meant disturbing in the fact that black men(by large) in lower class communities are attracted to women that would be labeled as obese, or morbidly obese and that IS an issue. It's unhealthy(being very overweight) and can cause a long list of health problems. But that is beyond the point. Amongst other races being slim, thin, or "average" is an attractive physical feature(far more than it is being overweight) so a black women that is slim, thin, or average has more options if she needed it. It's when a women is very overweight that in some cases her options are limited.

And in my case, I am not thin. I'm 5ft2, and pear shaped. My legs are the biggest part of me. Anyone who's met me, has said I'm "small" or in "good shape", etc, but I'm not thin. And I don't have a problem with it. My body frame is medium-large so me being thin just wouldn't look right it.
So there is the problem. When black men say they don't like obese or overweight black women they eliminate 85% of black women. Yet I see black men with obese white women all the time. Apparently,they can overlook obesity in white women,but not black women. Doesn't make sense.

What does physical appearance have to do with being a potentially good wife and mother?

Old 06-06-2012, 03:35 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,781,742 times
[quote=jerseygal4u;24630418]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post

Women are women, you think the 200 pounder has less standards than the slim girl? If I would have found love I'd been had that already, I had a terrible speech impediment and I couldn't speak socially at all. Many people won't look at that, just me being a scrub from not having a career. People don't care and u don't expect them too.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post

The fact that people rarely give this example in comparison to the often spoke of, rejected smart black guy proves this stereotypical ignored quiet girl is not common.

Sorry, quiet, cute and average looking girls DO NOT get passed up in school. I'd love to see if boys thought this stereotypical girl was average or if they considered her unattractive, overweight, or both.

Women tend to over-inflate the looks of other women they care about, most men have been given the "she's cute" line for a friend who was unattractive or overweight.

In my experience, the quiet girl always had a boyfriend or wanted the same boy all the other girls wanted.

Nice try.

Well,I will ask again, did you try to date the quiet,unattractive girl in high school who could have been a potentially great wife?

That's not my experience. I was quiet and the boys only liked the loud ones(except the African boys)

Old 06-06-2012, 03:37 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,781,742 times
[quote=sunkisses87;24630425]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post

I'm sorry about your situation, but unfortunately the fact of the matter is that a man's income does matter for a woman that is looking to build a family and who has a decent income herself. As I said on another page, I know a 24 year old young black male making 70k as a truck driver. He didn't do anything special in HS. He barely graduated even. He didn't go to college. But he did make sacrifices. When he turned 21 he did "on the road" trucking(where he is driving from state to state and only going home once a month to visit for a few days) and he did that for a year and a half. He was then able to get "local" good paying trucking jobs. He has two kids and a wife to support, so he did what he had to.

As I said on another thread, the black men I know that make 30k and below are those that don't have great job skills, did not go to college, etc. A majority of the black men that I know make middle class-to upper class incomes and they are either college educated, went into the trades, military, etc.

But no one can expect a woman to seriously be okay with a man barely making enough to get by, if that woman wants a family someday. It has nothing to do with being a "becky from Beverly Hills". It has something to do with wanting to be with a man that can contribute or provide. Which is an important and attractive trait for MOST women(regardless of race).

And actually I believe that educated career-orientated attractive women have no issue meeting quality men if they put themselves out there. I do believe that there are single women that are frustrated and bitter, but the stereotype that all educated professional black women are single because they are too picky-is played out. There is nothing wrong with a woman wanting a man who is in a good financial and educational position. Women should not have to settle if they don't want to.
I have no issue is known I probably won't find a woman till I'm better stable but when u don't I'm not gonna take her seriously at all.

I have no problem let with your way of thinking just don't complain when whites constantly put black people business out there for jokes and giggles they're good at that stuff, keeps the status quo in tact.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:37 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,887,574 times
Quote:

Funny, the guy says he would date a nerdy girl, and he would date a thin girl, and he still gets knocked for it even though some posters complained that nerdy girls and thin girls get no love.

200 pounds? That's WAYYYYY above reasonable, and part of why the "black community" has so many obese people.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:38 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,304 times
Quote:
So there is the problem. When black men say they don't like obese or overweight black women they eliminate 85% of black women. Yet I see black men with obese white women all the time. Apparently,they can overlook obesity in white women,but not black women. Doesn't make sense.

What does physical appearance have to do with being a potentially good wife and mother?
I don't see professional or higher income black men with obese white women. Again when I spoke about how being "thin" was a positive physical trait, I was speaking more to the fact about black women that were aiming for certain men(i.e. professional black men, or men of other races).

Physical appearance matters to men. It has little to do with being a good wife--although one could argue that if you are very overweight you don't have good "diet" habits which could be passed to your offspring. A slim woman with nice proportions and that keeps herself in shape is looked at favorably. It is what it is.

I should add--that of course NOT every man wants a thin women. There are some men that like bigger women.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:40 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
You just said that women up to 200 lbs. are slim, and then you say 85% of black women are obese. You are contradicting yourself. 85% of black women are not obese. Even 50% would be somewhat of an exaggeration.

Quote:
Nothing at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies