Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 01:12 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,922,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Not just minorities. They want *everybody* to be dependent. Then they are in control.

20yrsinBranson
So telling people they have to pray to the same God, can't choose their own lifetime partners and can't decide on private medical procedures isn't trying to be in control?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

102,180 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Because whites are not the problem. Maybe if you started to concentrate on problems in your own house instead of your neighbor's, then minorities would be better off.
Whites aren't the problem? So it was Blacks who created the practice of red-lining? It was Blacks who denied themselves the benefits of the GI Bill? It's Blacks who voted in Jim Crow laws? It's Black police officers who shoot to kill innocent Blacks because they "thought" the person had a gun? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

Who was posting here a couple of weeks ago, to get your guns to fight Obama's race war? Who posted "Too bad [Owens] wasn't packing heat. He could have taken out a bunch of 'em. These people need exterminating." It wasn't the Black members.

2,239 posts, read 3,228,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Ooh my goodness, you seem to have all the catch phrase qoutes mathematically outlined and organized at a moment's notice:

"increasing educational opportunities"

"marginalized populations"

"more opportunities for upward mobility"

LOL are you writing on a message board or running for office?

All of the above are pretty loaded statements, and both parties can make some claim that they are doing or propose to do all of the above depending on how much credibility you are willing to give them...

That being said and dealing specifically what was written in the artlce, I've discussed this before. From my personal outlook, and from what I gather, I do think that there is a "black establishment" consisting of politicians, black academics, black entainertainers, black socialites and other "black elites" swho have a vested interest and maintaining power for themselves at this expense of the "community." Whether they are right or wrong is one thing, but I do believe that there is such an establishment that guys like Jesse Jackson are apart of. And that's not to say that Republicans have all the answers, but I am willing to hear them out, and doing so has allowed me to understand that there are just some positions from both parties that I agree and disagree with. As for now, given what I've stated above, there's probably a good chance that I will not be voting Obama this time around. Either way, if he wins...then he wins.
There is a documentary from Discovery Channel called "What Black Men Think". They highly educated and successful black men break it down for the audience. And the mention that people who are the "leaders" of the black community are in for the money. They make money off white guilt. They depend on white guilt to get the donations and $$$.

They said who made them "leaders". No one elected them. VERY interesting and an eye opener.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:13 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
My God, two of the first 5 threads on the forum are from you and they are both racial as hell. Why can't you let it rest for a bit?
Like I said I guess its my fault he said it

Old 06-03-2012, 01:13 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,516 times
Quote:
Ooh my goodness, you seem to have all the catch phrase qoutes mathematically outlined and organized at a moment's notice:

Exactly! The Democrats are all about the advancement of the common man, NOT. Look at Obama, Pelosi and Reed, they are working so hard to make life better for all the "marginalized" populations. Keep believing their lies!

Old 06-03-2012, 01:14 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Rep. Joe Walsh has no integrity, no common sense and the aptitude of a 1 year old. What he said was both racist and a lie. People who make statements such as this need to be voted out ASAP. I see he doesn't mention that most people on government assistance are white nor does he mention that most forms of government assistance was created to help poor whites. I don’t see how someone without a achievement to their name can call out Jesse Jackson with his storied history and pattern of fighting for what’s right and the poor. This idiot isn’t worthy to kiss the ground JJ walks on.
Great post.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:15 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,830,041 times
Quote:

LOL are you writing on a message board or running for office?

All of the above are pretty loaded statements, and both parties can make some claim that they are doing or propose to do all of the above depending on how much credibility you are willing to give them...

That being said and dealing specifically what was written in the artlce, I've discussed this before. From my personal outlook, and from what I gather, I do think that there is a "black establishment" consisting of politicians, black academics, black entainertainers, black socialites and other "black elites" swho have a vested interest and maintaining power for themselves at this expense of the "community." Whether they are right or wrong is one thing, but I do believe that there is such an establishment that guys like Jesse Jackson are apart of. And that's not to say that Republicans have all the answers, but I am willing to hear them out, and doing so has allowed me to understand that there are just some positions from both parties that I agree and disagree with. As for now, given what I've stated above, there's probably a good chance that I will not be voting Obama this time around. Either way, if he wins...then he wins.

So,please tell me what have Republicans done for minorities so they won't be dependant on the goverment(and please don't mention the 60s,I'm talking about within the past 30 or 40 years).
Only thing I ever hear is talk,no action on the part of Republicans.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:15 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,922,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
"People of color" is racist terminology.
I hope not. I use it all the time and I'm not a racist. It's often used to refer to everyone who isn't Caucasian. It's not the same as saying "colored people" which, by the way, is not racist. It's just a very outdated term. After all the NAACP stands for...well, you know. I try to be the post politically correct person on planet Earth, and I use "people of color" because my Black and Hispanic friends do too.

In fact, there is a "people of color" organization and a "people of color" network. You can Google them.

Here - I did it for you.

[url]http://www.pocn.com/[/url]

[url]http://forpeopleofcolor.org/about/[/url]

Old 06-03-2012, 01:16 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,006,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
There is a documentary from Discovery Channel called "What Black Men Think". They highly educated and successful black men break it down for the audience. And the mention that people who are the "leaders" of the black community are in for the money. They make money off white guilt. They depend on white guilt to get the donations and $$$.

They said who made them "leaders". No one elected them. VERY interesting and an eye opener.
I saw the documentary today and I am actually a big fan of it. What's interesting though is that many of the "celebrities" i.e Armstrong Williams, Joseph C. Phillips and Michael Steele (along with many others) spoke on a lot of truth without politically endorsing either party or putting a political spin on it of any sort. Oddly enough, if one were to agree with the premise of the documentary, then it would only mean that they were also agreeing with black conservatives...which are a pretty secret society of outcats in the BC.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:16 PM

102,180 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post

Been there, saw that already on C-D.
And you believed it! That's sad, that's really sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies