Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 07:18 AM

33,495 posts, read 36,986,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Betty is taking examples directly from your gods word.
Exactly...Right from that holiest of books, the bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2012, 07:18 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,416,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Homosexuality and pedophilia are both sins. Both are giving in to sinful lusts.
Do you equate sex with rape too, or are you only willfully blind to the huge difference in consent when it comes to homosexuality vs. pedophilia?

Old 06-04-2012, 07:19 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,636,983 times
Quote:
That worked really well in the case of interracial marriage too. It took 30 years for the majority of Americans to be ok with it, but that did not stop the SCOTUS from making it legal nationwide. We WILL get equal rights.
DEAL WITH IT!
Gay is not a race though.

And to the OP, the point, even though it isn't, would be moot, not "mute".

Old 06-04-2012, 07:19 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,255,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
It's a MUTE point to the issue.
they must now KNOW that we live in a CONSTITUTIONAL republic, not a democracy.
they also must KNOW that VOTING on the rights a minority while YOURS are not being voted on isn't constitutional.
So are they bragging about the fact that a lot of states have done something that isn't legally valid?
or are they bragging about the fact that apparently MILLIONS of americans haven't taken a basic government class in high school to know that what they're doing isn't constitutional?
Also these people must not know that there are cities and states that would vote down rights for black people and various other minoritis. Is that something to BRAG ABOUT?
that's WHY we live in a constitutional republic. don't these people understand that.
In other words 31 states have done something that isn't valid.
were most of the people voting on this GAY since it had to do with GAY MARRIAGE?
or where they Straight... if they were straight it wouldn't be any of their business to VOTE on since it's not THEIR marriage rights that were at stake
Ok, one last time..who gives a RATS posterior end what goes on behind anyones bedroom doors gay or straight? This whole Gay issue is being beaten right into the ground and like me its getting OLD. Gay folks now a days should be happy they were not raised when I was in the sixties...can't even say on here what folks would say about them so things compared to then are actually pretty good for them. So they want to get married?? Let them do so and see what sort of judgement if any the Lord passes on them..he may just give a big sigh and shake his head, who knows? You can't say that all this Gay stuff is a straight person's concern because there are several ways it does become their concern. I have several gay friends although straight myself and these friends are very special to both my husband and I. If I had to defend their beliefs trust me I would but gotta tell you..this topic on here is pretty well beat up. Why can't we all just get along????

Old 06-04-2012, 07:20 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,190,058 times
Betty Bowers Definition of marriage.

Betty Bowers Explains Traditional Marriage to Everyone Else - YouTube

Last edited by SeekerSA; 06-04-2012 at 07:29 AM..

Old 06-04-2012, 07:24 AM

24,261 posts, read 14,115,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Gay is not a race though.
No, but it discrimination based on sex (gender). A man can enter into a marriage contract with a woman, but a woman is not allowed to enter into a marriage contract with a woman. If this were ANY other legally binding contract this kind of discrimination would be outrageous.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:26 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,467,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Disgusting post...One has nothing to do with the other...You bigots are really bottom feeders.

I asked a simple question. A simple answer would have been easy enough. I am no more of a bigot then you .

Old 06-04-2012, 07:43 AM

33,495 posts, read 36,986,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
I asked a simple question. A simple answer would have been easy enough. I am no more of a bigot then you .
Sorry, the anti gay bigots had my hackles raised....I think pedophiles are attracted to children, and they make a choice to either act on it or not....I haven't researched it so I'm not sure what motivates them.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:47 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,467,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Sorry, the anti gay bigots had my hackles raised....I think pedophiles are attracted to children, and they make a choice to either act on it or not....I haven't researched it so I'm not sure what motivates them.

I dont beleive its a choice with them either as I have never beleived being gay is a choice.

Acting on ones desires is a choice. having those desires is not.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:48 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,113,423 times
Quote:
Betty is taking examples directly from your gods word.
"And Judas hanged himself"...."Go ye therefore and do likewise".

You can play perverted games with scripture to tell lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies