Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 02:12 PM

629 posts, read 769,765 times

Advertisements

The bugs evovled, just as God planned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 02:15 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,986,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
So you got access to a Godoscope somewhere?
Yeah its called the Holy Spirit....

Old 06-11-2012, 03:04 PM

20,893 posts, read 16,044,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Yeah its called the Holy Spirit....
Ah yes, the third of the three gods of Christian polytheism.

So... you been chatting up the Holy Spirit lately?

Old 06-11-2012, 05:06 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,190,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Tsunami are much different from floods, as floods are caused by rains from the "heavens". I believe the bible referred to Noahs ark as a great rain. Otherwise there is no natural disaster that has occurred the way it is literally written in the bible. There are great many flood stories throughout the world but remember to these cultures the world could be as geographically large as a modern country.
Not that I ever bothered with fairy tales, but wasn't there something about rain for forty days and forty nights? That doesn't sound like a sudden wave...

I'm guessing that some early cultures saw the extent of the "world" as being the valley between the adjacent mountain peaks.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:59 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,451,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you both are wrong. i believe in a creator, and i also believe in evolution.
That isn't creationism. It's not a "form" of creationism either. It's simply called theism.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:41 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,190,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
That isn't creationism. It's not a "form" of creationism either. It's simply called theism.
Doesn't matter what the flavor of the month label YOU put on it, it is still the same thing. You're trying to inject your religious BELIEFS into the mainstream educational process. That is a no no, becuz there isn't enuf room in the day to cater to everyone's beliefs. Allow one, allow all....

Religion is a belief system, evolution is well settled science.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:27 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,760,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Why can't creationism and science co-exist?
You only need to watch/listen to William Lane Craig explain how science and creationism does co-exist, and tear up every athiest he debates in the process.

He's debated Law, Silver, Shook, Millican, Badawi, Flew, Hitchens (who now understands the truth,) among many others. The granddaddy of athiests Dawkins refuses to debate him, because he'd be torn apart.

Creationism doesn't ignore science, just bad (bunk) science. Science and creationism can and do co-exist, science based on the perception "there is no God" cannot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post

Religion is a belief system, evolution is well settled science.
Show me the skeletons of the procession of species from ape to man. You can't.

Cro Magnon is dated to 35,000 years and that's about as far back as any "proof?" goes. Unless a piece of a jaw, or a tibia qualifies after being spoofed into a fantastic (and impossible) find. I'm not even sure carbon dating is accurate; "The fact that carbon and radioactive carbon are independently formed means that their ratios to one another could have changed substantially from ancient times to today".

We know that after Hiroshima/Nagasaki and all the nulear tests, carbon dating was thrown off a bit. So how can we say something is actually as old as RCD implies?

Last edited by steven_h; 06-12-2012 at 02:41 PM..

Old 06-12-2012, 02:39 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,258,429 times
science is based on that "there is no god" .. because there IS no god. sorry, that's a fact and science supports it.

so no, creationism and science cannot "co-exist". without god, creationism cannot 'exist'

Old 06-12-2012, 02:45 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,760,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
science is based on that "there is no god" .. because there IS no god. sorry, that's a fact and science supports it.

so no, creationism and science cannot "co-exist". without god, creationism cannot 'exist'
All you've proved is that you don't read, but rather scan words. Funny how you still supported what I stated, though. I appreciate that.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:48 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,258,429 times
Quote:
Show me the skeletons of the procession of species from ape to man. You can't.
as has been explained in the OTHER thousands of evolution vs creationism thread:

If you are still of the belief that we came from apes, you CLEARLY do not understand or even have READ anything to do with the Theory of Evolution.

for the umpteenth time: Evolution has never theorized that we came from "apes". Only that we share a COMMON ancestor.

I suggest that before you continue, that you best pick up a biology book that covers evolution and READ it thoroughly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies