Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 08:03 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,747,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Do you agree with any one person 100% of the time?
No, but I don't use those with only selective agreement to create threads and trumpet as that person is absolutely right (and in the next breath, I he is someone I hate/dislike... you name it). I do give credit deserved for right decisions (for example, Bush recognizing Pakistan as a problem) but you won't see me running around screaming in excitement like y'all do. Never mind the fact that you would hate that very person's take on tax rates in the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
We do admire Clinton when he is not engaging in dishonest politics, he is an intelligent man, and a gifted public speaker who does not need a teleprompter.
People who live in dishonesty, in denial, should not speak of honest versus dishonest politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 08:07 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,646,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
No, but I don't use those with only selective agreement to create threads and trumpet as that person is absolutely right (and in the next breath, I he is someone I hate/dislike... you name it). I do give credit deserved for right decisions (for example, Bush recognizing Pakistan as a problem) but you won't see me running around screaming in excitement like y'all do. Never mind the fact that you would hate that very person's take on tax rates in the USA.

People who live in dishonesty, in denial, should not speak of honest versus dishonest politics.
We get excited because it's so rare when a high profile democrat speaks the truth and gets off their partisan soap box; it's like watching monkeys using tools for the first time.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:
I take this as a personal attack. Just because you disagree with me most of the time, does not mean I'm dishonest. Cite for me where I have ever lied in these forums, or shut the hell up.

Once again, you lose an argument, so you go off topic.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
We get excited because it's so rare when a high profile democrat speaks the truth and gets off their partisan soap box; it's like watching monkeys using tools for the first time.
There is no such thing as truth in projections. I recall this "truth" being spoken in 2000 and implemented in 2001. It took a damning 2-3 years before the job recovery began and riding solely on a quickly expanding bubble that lasted barely two years.

Quote:
I take this as a personal attack. Just because you disagree with me most of the time, does not mean I'm dishonest. Cite for me where I have ever lied in these forums, or shut the hell up.

Once again, you lose an argument, so you go off topic.
No, disagreement is not why I called you dishonest. Intellectual dishonesty is a part and parcel of pretty much every argument I counter here. Clearly, you're not the only one. So, I'm not attacking you personally, but the entire collective of which you're a part. I'm sure you do that too?

PS. An example of dishonesty: Obama uses teleprompter. Nobody else does and did, right? Well, calling it dishonest argument is actually being nice.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:38 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,089,807 times
People wouldn't care about the tax cuts as much if Republicans hadn't made tackling the deficit their central issue and decided that doing on the backs of the poor and middle-class was the way to do it.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:44 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,873,927 times
It's very simple math in the Keynesian equation (C+I+G+Xn). Assuming a 15 trillion $ economy, automatic 100 billion cut = ~1% less in GDP. Simultaneous tax increase is less money for consumer. Using the consumption function, just a 1.5% raise in the effective tax rate nationally would cause another 1% dip in GDP. Combined, these two eradicate the 2% in growth we've been experiencing: boom recession.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
There is no such thing as truth in projections. I recall this "truth" being spoken in 2000 and implemented in 2001. It took a damning 2-3 years before the job recovery began and riding solely on a quickly expanding bubble that lasted barely two years.

No, disagreement is not why I called you dishonest. Intellectual dishonesty is a part and parcel of pretty much every argument I counter here. Clearly, you're not the only one. So, I'm not attacking you personally, but the entire collective of which you're a part. I'm sure you do that too?

PS. An example of dishonesty: Obama uses teleprompter. Nobody else does and did, right? Well, calling it dishonest argument is actually being nice.
Of course other people use a teleprompter, but Obama uses them more then anyone else. With good reason, because when he is off the prompter the bumbling, mumbling, pettiness and sarcasm that comes out is a stark contrast to the assertive tennis line-referee, that we see when he is on the prompter.

Once again, just because we disagree does not mean I'm being intellectually dishonest, which is nothing more then calling me a purposeful liar. Clinton is an intellectual liar, but he does speak the truth now and then.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
People wouldn't care about the tax cuts as much if Republicans hadn't made tackling the deficit their central issue and decided that doing on the backs of the poor and middle-class was the way to do it.
From 2000-2008 the federal budget was anywhere from $2 trillion to $2.7 trillion, under Obama it has been $3.5 trillion to $3.8 trillion. Back in 2008, Obama referred to Bush's spending rate as irresponsible and "unpatriotic".

Aren't you curious why we are spending a trillion more each year? I'll bet some of this spending is going to new social welfare programs, and we need to cut it out. Don't you see that cutting this wild federal budget spending is needed, and that this is playing a major part in our deficit??

Old 06-06-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Of course other people use a teleprompter, but Obama uses them more then anyone else.
And as with every dishonest argument, I doubt you can back it up. Besides, what difference does it make if you have a teleprompter versus a piece of paper? Heck, do you think those political entertainers you listen to, preaching this teleprompter issue to the choir, aren't using it themselves? Get a clue. Whine about things that aren't childish bickerings.

Quote:
Once again, just because we disagree does not mean I'm being intellectually dishonest, which is nothing more then calling me a purposeful liar. Clinton is an intellectual liar, but he does speak the truth now and then.
I don't think you will agree with the very same subject you're calling "truth" if you understood what Bill meant. Will that truth then become a lie? You've called him an intellectual liar already, so you've covered the ground already. Lee Atwater would be proud.

And no, disagreement does not guarantee intellectual dishonesty. But intellectual dishonesty pretty much guarantees disagreement.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:10 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,185,541 times
Quote:
From 2000-2008 the federal budget was anywhere from $2 trillion to $2.7 trillion, under Obama it has been $3.5 trillion to $3.8 trillion. Back in 2008, Obama referred to Bush's spending rate as irresponsible and "unpatriotic".
You know that the President doesn't control spending right? You know that most of that spending is due to the recession, right? Seriously, hate that spending and the deficit, go hold accountable those who caused the mess.

The social conservatives had control of the House, Senate and Presidency for 75% of the two terms leading up to the economic collapse. The collapse was caused mostly by lax financial regulations and an over-stimulation of the economy. Guess who's mantra is "regulation bad".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies