Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2012, 06:47 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
And I bet they will start posting threads how much they dislike American blacks and possibly Caribbeans as well.
Actually, its first thread is an anti-gay one.
Shocking, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 07:57 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I said property crime, robbery etc has seen a sharp increase after the legalization, and you post a link which has nothing to do with property crimes and robberies. Typical.

show me a link or is this just some more bsganda..

do you work for big pharma???

do you fly a helicopter for law enforcement looking for mj fields??

do you work for a prision??

are you a hired by a cartel to post negitive things about mj??

or are you just an uptight citizen??

Old 06-12-2012, 08:33 PM

good doc here.::>>
Marijuana - Documentary - YouTube

a must see 5 star

Last edited by cruxan; 06-12-2012 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: had to add great doc a must see for enlightment

Old 06-12-2012, 09:36 PM

1,105 posts, read 2,304,576 times
If you want opinions of medical experts like doctors and counselors and scientific reasearchers just go to BBC health section and type in Marijuana and you will get many reports on the harm of the drug. Otherwise your just listening to street talk opinions. Go with the professionals opinions.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angorlee View Post
If you want opinions of medical experts like doctors and counselors and scientific reasearchers just go to BBC health section and type in Marijuana and you will get many reports on the harm of the drug. Otherwise your just listening to street talk opinions. Go with the professionals opinions.

ohh... you mean go to all the studies funded by big pharma thats alright i will pass on all that propaganda

if you want to be useful please pass the spliff

Old 06-12-2012, 11:44 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Not all professionals agree on marijuana:

"Cannabis will one day be seen as a wonder drug, as was penicillin in the 1940s. Like penicillin, herbal marijuana is remarkably nontoxic, has a wide range of therapeutic applications and would be quite inexpensive if it were legal." Dr. Lester Grinspoon, professor emeritus of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School

Dr. Grinspoon also thinks it would be OK to sell marijuana over the counter and let people experiment with it for their medical problems. After all, marijuana can't kill you. This is no different from allowing people to buy antihistamines over the counter at the drug store to try to deal with their sinus problems.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:03 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,120,849 times
Just legalize it already! I can't believe in 2012 we are still debating this!

Old 06-13-2012, 03:24 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,721,391 times
Default Reasons to re-legalize cannabis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The point is obvious.

I am here because I want to see someone present a good reason for legalizing it, but so far I have only seen "alcohol and cigarettes are worse". That is not much of an argument. Also, the the pro-drug crowd does not hesiste to lie and downplay the risks, and that approach always reveals a weak position. Pro pot team has displayed all classic signs of weak position, so I remain totally unconvinced about the wisdom of legalizing it.

There are 126 medical conditions for which it sometimes works better than any pills, according to expert Dr. Lester Grinspoon, retired from Harvard.
Granny Storm Crow's list has over 1,000 published medical papers, with conditions helped listed alphabetically.

Cannabis has not been proven to be a direct cause of death even once out of the more than 1 billion that have used it over the past 10,000 years.

Recent anecdotal reports say people are being cured of cancer and other fatal illnesses using cannabis oil. It was in pharmacies until 1937.

Libertarian presidential Gary Johnson used cannabis 3 years to manage his pain after falling 50', with broken bones in back, rib, & knee. He chose not to use Big Pharma's highly addicting opiates. He has been saying (re)legalize MJ publically since 1999. Many of the 50 million Americans that admit to being cannabis users will probably vote for him. He will be on the ballot in all 50 states, for sure!

It is important to remember that Big Pharma gives pols megamillions every year to keep cannabis illegal. Pills used as directed kill over 100,000 Americans annually. Same for alcohol. Tobacco kills 400,000 Americans a year. If it kills, it's legal. If it doesn't kill, it's illegal. Why?

Do you want to help pay for the incarceration of hundreds of thousands of harmless people? Is that what freedom is all about? CNN online poll said 96% of responses favored legalization.

Gary Johnson would tax cannabis 100%, which would likely make the price 10% of what it is now. This would stimulate economy, more jobs.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:46 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
You mean the studies with the teensy control groups?
Please.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:31 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
You mean the so-called experts that brought us those highly addictive opiates in which they give out like candy? Umm, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Not all professionals agree on marijuana:

"Cannabis will one day be seen as a wonder drug, as was penicillin in the 1940s. Like penicillin, herbal marijuana is remarkably nontoxic, has a wide range of therapeutic applications and would be quite inexpensive if it were legal." Dr. Lester Grinspoon, professor emeritus of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School

Dr. Grinspoon also thinks it would be OK to sell marijuana over the counter and let people experiment with it for their medical problems. After all, marijuana can't kill you. This is no different from allowing people to buy antihistamines over the counter at the drug store to try to deal with their sinus problems.
Now this is a Dr. with logic. Give people options. Some people react differently to meds. I certainly don't like taking meds, even when I have a cold. I will, but only for a short time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Just legalize it already! I can't believe in 2012 we are still debating this!
Those who don't want to see it legalized are either still brainwashed by the lies and propaganda, or they work for the special interest groups who fear that they will lose money from legalization. Oh well, I guess you better find a new line of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
There are 126 medical conditions for which it sometimes works better than any pills, according to expert Dr. Lester Grinspoon, retired from Harvard.
Granny Storm Crow's list has over 1,000 published medical papers, with conditions helped listed alphabetically.

Cannabis has not been proven to be a direct cause of death even once out of the more than 1 billion that have used it over the past 10,000 years.

Recent anecdotal reports say people are being cured of cancer and other fatal illnesses using cannabis oil. It was in pharmacies until 1937.

Libertarian presidential Gary Johnson used cannabis 3 years to manage his pain after falling 50', with broken bones in back, rib, & knee. He chose not to use Big Pharma's highly addicting opiates. He has been saying (re)legalize MJ publically since 1999. Many of the 50 million Americans that admit to being cannabis users will probably vote for him. He will be on the ballot in all 50 states, for sure!

It is important to remember that Big Pharma gives pols megamillions every year to keep cannabis illegal. Pills used as directed kill over 100,000 Americans annually. Same for alcohol. Tobacco kills 400,000 Americans a year. If it kills, it's legal. If it doesn't kill, it's illegal. Why?

Do you want to help pay for the incarceration of hundreds of thousands of harmless people? Is that what freedom is all about? CNN online poll said 96% of responses favored legalization.

Gary Johnson would tax cannabis 100%, which would likely make the price 10% of what it is now. This would stimulate economy, more jobs.

Our tax dollars would be better served by going after real criminals as opposed to someone who wants to consume a God given plant! I mean, don't let me be the deciding member on a jury for someone popped for marijuana, because he won't get a guilty verdict out of me.

Another issue that I see is that while a lot of Americans are waking up to the fact that keeping it illegal is beyond ridiculous, you still have a certain faction that is just apathetic about it, and they just do not care either way. Having said that, when it comes to individual freedom, and liberty, every American should be concerned. As for Big Pharma continuing it's push for continued prohibition, well... keeping people sick is big business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies