Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2012, 02:05 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
4 years, and a felony record. How ridiculous! Given that there are states around you that have legalized for medical purposes, New Mexico, and Colorado to name 2, has there been any talk about getting it legalized in Oklahoma for medical use?
Maybe it being a Red State may have something to do with it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 02:34 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Maybe it being a Red State may have something to do with it

Maybe so. Ohio has it's own red areas, such as the southern half of the state. With that said, if one is a true conservative, and truly wants little or no government intrusion into the personal lives of others, then why on Earth would they be opposed to legalization, and the continued prohibition? I know... I know... and the previous question is a bit rhetorical, but don't you find it hypocritical?

I'll even put a religious spin on it. God put it here for a reason! I really don't see anything evil about using it, nor do I find it immoral. Especially when you consider how many good uses it has.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:39 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,228 times
A local farmer up here got busted for 6 plants a few yrs ago.
Make a long story short , a cop went to his house , knocked on the front door , got no answer. Walked thru a gate around to the back of the house where he saw 6 plants growing. Went back with a warrent and arrested the man.

Farmer took it to the NH supreme court and won. Court ruled when the cop got no answer he had no right to go thru gate to rear of house.

That win cost the farmer $150,000 . I buy all my veggies from him as I feel he fought the fight for all of us.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:40 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,228 times
heres the story. This is the next town over from me.

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/news/...uana-case.html

Old 06-13-2012, 02:54 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
A local farmer up here got busted for 6 plants a few yrs ago.
Make a long story short , a cop went to his house , knocked on the front door , got no answer. Walked thru a gate around to the back of the house where he saw 6 plants growing. Went back with a warrent and arrested the man.

Farmer took it to the NH supreme court and won. Court ruled when the cop got no answer he had no right to go thru gate to rear of house.

That win cost the farmer $150,000 . I buy all my veggies from him as I feel he fought the fight for all of us.

Great story!

Old 06-13-2012, 03:16 PM

49 posts, read 28,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
just legalize it already! I can't believe in 2012 we are still debating this!
no

Old 06-13-2012, 04:12 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Maybe so. Ohio has it's own red areas, such as the southern half of the state. With that said, if one is a true conservative, and truly wants little or no government intrusion into the personal lives of others, then why on Earth would they be opposed to legalization, and the continued prohibition? I know... I know... and the previous question is a bit rhetorical, but don't you find it hypocritical?

I'll even put a religious spin on it. God put it here for a reason! I really don't see anything evil about using it, nor do I find it immoral. Especially when you consider how many good uses it has.
First, legalization is the creation of new laws. Why would a conservative, who wants less government not more, want more laws enacted? That makes absolutely no sense. A conservative who wants less government would support decriminalization, but not legalization.

Second, conservatives also believe in abiding by the US Constitution. Since the US Constitution grants Congress the power to regulate interstate and internation commerce, how could a conservative deny that Congress has such authority?

Old 06-13-2012, 04:57 PM

973 posts, read 1,452,873 times
With Governor Chafee's signature it is now official, Rhode Island is the 15th state to decriminalize marijuana possession

Old 06-13-2012, 05:05 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
First, legalization is the creation of new laws. Why would a conservative, who wants less government not more, want more laws enacted? That makes absolutely no sense. A conservative who wants less government would support decriminalization, but not legalization.
No new laws are needed. Just abolish the ones we have that prohibit consuming pot.

Without a law, everything is legal.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:07 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Second, conservatives also believe in abiding by the US Constitution. Since the US Constitution grants Congress the power to regulate interstate and internation commerce, how could a conservative deny that Congress has such authority?

Because me growing weed in my back yard is neither Interstate nor Inter-nation commerce. In fact, it's not commerce at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies