Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 11:39 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,120,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerbilzak View Post
Does anybody take you seriously about anything ever?
Not everybody here is a left leaner who gangs up with the other lefties to play games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 11:39 PM

26,543 posts, read 14,326,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
One of those two men is the LEADER and the other one is trying to get to be the leader. You don't really know the difference, do you?
i know the difference between the men but that still doesn't answer my question:

what about and/or in the tweet was disrespectful to the military?

Old 06-06-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I have yet to hear what's wrong with a tweet. I keep asking but you guys fail to answer. Why is that Do you even know what tweeting is and the impact on today's culture.
One would wonder if he gave any speeches today where he could have taken care of it in one or more of them. Of course, he may have been close to SanFrancisco where he talks to the lefties about all those bible, gun toting hillbillies in Pennsylvania. Those people wouldn't have wanted to hear anything but some reference to gay marriage.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski View Post
Just admit it. None of you self-righteous right-wingers even new it was D-Day today until you received Obama's tweet, did you?
I knew it was D-Day when I arose and saw that it was June 6. Of course, I have an advantage over you in that I remember the day it happened and have always known the day when it gets here. I have been out of high school since 1950, how about you?

Old 06-06-2012, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
89 year olds follow twitter???????
I am only 79 and I don't twitter and don't think I likely ever will. Does that make me an old fart that can't catch up with the technology of the day?

Old 06-07-2012, 10:46 AM

26,543 posts, read 14,326,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
..... mock outrage over something Obama did or didn't do.
and the question still stands unanswered:

exactly what in/about the tweet was disrespectful to the military ( or akin to "spitting on the graves of the brave American Soldiers" )?

if your offense is at the fact that obama didn't attend/hold a major event this year for D-day then your outrage is a little late. that seems to be ( as far as i can find ) status quo for the presidency going all the way back to truman.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Lol, did you already forget that just over a month ago you were pretending to be Catholic, and we real Catholics swatted you down?
So, according to you, Catholics are now atheists?
Right.

This right here.
I don't remember pretending to be a Catholic other than going along with Glenn Beck who said we are now all Catholics when the administration tried to force the Church to accept their crap. I am sure I never said I was one of them.

Now if you want to talk like an atheist, that is all well and good but don't fire that crap about calling Catholics atheists back at me. If you can't at least watch some of that 6 minute prayer from FDR maybe you best not think that there are more atheists in this country than there are Christians.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
and the question still stands unanswered:

exactly what in/about the tweet was disrespectful to the military ( or akin to "spitting on the graves of the brave American Soldiers" )?

if your offense is at the fact that obama didn't attend/hold a major event this year for D-day then your outrage is a little late. that seems to be ( as far as i can find ) status quo for the presidency going all the way back to truman.
I call that method of speaking about that military force a new means to demean the military and he has used some really grand ones up to now. He was on the campaign trail yesterday and I am sure he made a speech of two in which he could have mentioned D-Day but his speech writers don't know about it so of course he doesn't either. I am relatively sure that Truman remembered it quite well since he was so close to being in charge then. Also I know that most of the people were very tired of that war during Truman's days in office. Hell, people today are tired of Obama's War (Afghanistan) and that may be the reason he doesn't often mention it, other than to talk about the day we get out of there.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:07 AM

Somebody on this thread repped me with the words, Jesus was an Arab. I didn't know that but then maybe all Jews are considered to be Arabs because the people of that region are just that.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:07 AM

23,410 posts, read 36,818,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't remember pretending to be a Catholic other than going along with Glenn Beck who said we are now all Catholics when the administration tried to force the Church to accept their crap. I am sure I never said I was one of them.

Now if you want to talk like an atheist, that is all well and good but don't fire that crap about calling Catholics atheists back at me. If you can't at least watch some of that 6 minute prayer from FDR maybe you best not think that there are more atheists in this country than there are Christians.
Isnt it time to go take your AriCept?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies