Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 10:24 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
Your privacy is not a cover for you to do crimes. Everytime the police find ways to catch criminals, the criminals start screaming about "privacy". Not that they care about it, they just want to continue with their crimes and not get caught whether they are felonies or speeding and getting caught by speed cameras. If you law abiding, you don't have to worry about "privacy".
Privacy is invaded the minute my DNA is taken without probable cause that I have committed a crime - and without a warrant. You want the government to have my DNA on file - they have no business being in possesion of my DNA. It is not criminals "screaming" about privacy - it is people who wish to be left alone - and not be under the heavy foot of big, intrusive government.

If I have committed no crime - what reason does the government have to take my DNA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Lord knows agenda driven prosecutors and law enforcement officers would never tamper with evidence.
Good point. Bruin Rick - what do you have to say about this?

Your plan to colect DNA from everybody creates a situation that is ripe for corruption.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:55 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
Another problem with universal collection and data bases... health.

Lets say your up for a job. The employer isn't supposed to, just like they aren't supposed to look at medical records but they can with 'help', but they check you out. You have a high genetic chance of developing cancer young. They have insurence. Do they want to hire you, who has more chance of costing them money, or this other guy who's just as qualified but doesn't?

DNA tells a LOT of tales, and on a database they can be seen by people who shouldn't be sneeking a peek.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:19 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,196,333 times
Quote:
DNA will clear you if you are innocent.
I'm not committing crimes. Therefore, I don't have to worry about being "innocent" or not. If someone wants to attempt to try to prosecute me for something, proving my guilt is their problem, and part of that process will entail a warrant.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:43 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
I'm not committing crimes. Therefore, I don't have to worry about being "innocent" or not. If someone wants to attempt to try to prosecute me for something, proving my guilt is their problem, and part of that process will entail a warrant.

Yep. I am beyond tired of the "well if you haven't done anything wrong, then you have nothing to worry about" attitude in this country! Last time I checked this is The United States of America, and not some communist or fascist regime!

Old 06-08-2012, 09:57 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Why are so many people so frightened by being identifiable?

Old 06-08-2012, 02:01 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,076,689 times
The 'if you're not doing anything wrong, why are you concerned about giving your DNA, searched, producing identification'
Liberals have no problem with people giving up their DNA for identification but have a big problem with people having to show identification for anyone to vote. They are ok with taking a DNA sample outside a polling place, but you can't ask for ID once you're inside.
'I don't have a problem with the spy drone flying over my back yard, I'm not doing anything wrong' Sick logic!!

Old 06-08-2012, 02:15 PM

To the liberals who want my DNA - it is my body and I have a right to choose what to do with it!

I thought liberals were pro-choice.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Privacy is invaded the minute my DNA is taken without probable cause that I have committed a crime - and without a warrant. You want the government to have my DNA on file - they have no business being in possesion of my DNA. It is not criminals "screaming" about privacy - it is people who wish to be left alone - and not be under the heavy foot of big, intrusive government.

If I have committed no crime - what reason does the government have to take my DNA?
Try that next time you go for a driver license renewal. Digital photo of you to keep on file for "facial recognition". Oh..and take off those glasses and hats..they want CLEAR pictures. Found that one out at over Christmas vacation when I went to change my address and get a new DL.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:32 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,438,992 times
Quote:
If you are not guilty of anything, you should have no objection to the police taking prints or DNA or blood from you. Only people that have something to hide would say no.
If you're not guilty of anything, you shouldn't have a problem with the police randomly searching your home. Or your computer. Listening in on your phone calls, or reading your email.

That's a pretty slippery slope there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies