Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 10:06 PM

14,366 posts, read 9,737,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
think of it anyone that approves of this bill. right now the democrats are in office and can get their way with concern to it. what about next year or 10 years down the road when a republican is in charge. do you really want someone who is against everything you believe in to actually be in charge of your healthcare?
You know it is possible to view things as a whole rather than one or the other. There's no difference. I don't want a liberal or a conservative telling me how I should live.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:11 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,137,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You know it is possible to view things as a whole rather than one or the other. There's no difference. I don't want a liberal or a conservative telling me how I should live.

neither do I, I dont want any goverment or its beauracrats telling me what i can eat, drink or where to get my health care.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:26 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,816,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
The entire thing should be scrapped.

Thanks a lot Nancy Pelosi and Bart Stupak.
Not sure where people on here get the idea that the affordable health care act should be scrapped or why?
The affordable health care plan is not what President obama wanted but does help millions of Americans get health care.
The existing health system here is nothing more than legalised theft and causes more harm than good .... even countries that are capitalistic like Taiwan now have a UHC and they love it.
America must gget out of the dark ages as far as health is concened and get a health system for the people and NOT for the CEO's and the wealthy.
Scrapping "Obamacare" is a huge step backwards for health care in the USA and NO..... the majority of people in the USA do not want it scrapped.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:32 PM

79,900 posts, read 43,880,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Not sure where people on here get the idea that the affordable health care act should be scrapped or why?
The affordable health care plan is not what President obama wanted but does help millions of Americans get health care.
The existing health system here is nothing more than legalised theft and causes more harm than good .... even countries that are capitalistic like Taiwan now have a UHC and they love it.
America must gget out of the dark ages as far as health is concened and get a health system for the people and NOT for the CEO's and the wealthy.
Scrapping "Obamacare" is a huge step backwards for health care in the USA and NO..... the majority of people in the USA do not want it scrapped.
I can only assume that you have not been paying attention to anything the last few years.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:45 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,816,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I can only assume that you have not been paying attention to anything the last few years.
Oh believe me i have.................
I have listened to the right wing nut job lies about the health system both here and abroad.
I have listened to the mindless rubbish about the affordable health care act when the peope pushing to overturn it have no idea exactly what it contains and i have heard the pathetic excuses for what is probably the worst health care system of the industrialised world.............. YET there are the sheeple in America who defend the people who want the current health system to remain purely for their own gain and wealth.
Absolute madness but hey being gullable seems to be a badge of honour for the followers of the right wing fascist party.
Being stupid and gullable is nothing to be proud of and will stop America having anything like a decent health system..... Run little rabbits Run as you know nothing better!

Old 06-07-2012, 10:49 PM

79,900 posts, read 43,880,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Oh believe me i have.................
I have listened to the right wing nut job lies about the health system both here and abroad.
I have listened to the mindless rubbish about the affordable health care act when the peope pushing to overturn it have no idea exactly what it contains and i have heard the pathetic excuses for what is probably the worst health care system of the industrialised world.............. YET there are the sheeple in America who defend the people who want the current health system to remain purely for their own gain and wealth.
Absolute madness but hey being gullable seems to be a badge of honour for the followers of the right wing fascist party.
Being stupid and gullable is nothing to be proud of and will stop America having anything like a decent health system..... Run little rabbits Run as you know nothing better!
Rants are always dismissable.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:58 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,295,587 times
The health care crisis stared at the Republicans for 8 horrific years under Bush. Republicans did nothing.

I credit Obama with attempting to address the problem, with his efforts as usual hampered by the historically lousy and inept Republican contingent in Congress. He has my vote.

We can expect this backwards Roberts SC to make the wrong decision, like they did in Citizen's United, making an ignorant decision favoring those who thought Bush deserved to be president. The debate will be far from over however.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:07 PM

37,042 posts, read 41,972,100 times
It can't be completely overturned. Some of it is already happening and nobody, NOBODY, will let that go. Trust that.

People don't even know what they want overturned. Saying "the whole thing" shows a complete lack of knowledge about any of it.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:57 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,605,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
If you listen carefully to Pelosi's words, 'we have to pass it to see what is in it"... the implication she makes is that once it is passed and we see what's in it, we then have an opportuinty to reject it. So we reject it.

Thank you Nancy and all the other elected representatives of the people who passed this thinly disguised social reform with just a hint of healthcare tossed in, without readin it!!!!!!! You have relinquished your sworn responsibility to the people and should be prosecuted for breech of contract.

Just as a technical error allows a felon to 'walk', obamacare should be discarded because it was passed without reading or understanding the legal implications of 2700 pp of legislation.
I'm sitting here pondering the method of self-extermination I would choose if I discovered I was living inside Nancy Pelousi's head.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Old 06-08-2012, 08:05 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,540,014 times
I think theat "obamacare" is a step in the right direction but I also think it should be replaces by a Nationalization of the entire system from medical schools to drug companies and include all hospitals and services. "Obamacare" did not go far enough with the reformation of the collapsing american system to a Universal Health Care system paid for with a progressive income tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies