Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 05:55 PM

57 posts, read 50,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
This post is quite funny, especially given your post history and the amount of whining and complaining and misinformation usually coming from you

I applaud the OP's standing up and saying what is on his mind. The fact is that schools are a joke in Ameica currently and I wouldn't send my kids to public school garbage either

...and you wonder why your kids are socially awkward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 06:03 PM

30,891 posts, read 36,934,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Every generation complains about younger people. Perhaps you might want to be giving them an apology for the absolute lack of opportunity and massive debt that they'll have to deal with while they pay your Social Security and Medicare.
Right on

And you Boomers can spare us the "I paid into the system and I'm going to get my fair share BS". Most people get way more out of those 2 systems than they or their employers ever paid in.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:15 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,438,858 times
Quote:
This post is quite funny, especially given your post history and the amount of whining and complaining and misinformation usually coming from you

I applaud the OP's standing up and saying what is on his mind. The fact is that schools are a joke in Ameica currently and I wouldn't send my kids to public school garbage either

A&M is a public school.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:18 PM

57 posts, read 50,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
A&M is a public school.
he apparently isn't educated enough to know that.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:04 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
A&M is a public school.
We were talking about high schools.... besides we all know A&M leans conservative

Old 06-11-2012, 07:22 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,130,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Wellesley High School Teacher David McCullough, Jr. Tells His Students ‘You’re Not Special’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

It's about time someone told teens this. Kids my age have no respect and don't listen to anything, and it's worse now than it has ever been because of the "everyone deserves a trophy" mentality, it there were more teachers like this, I would be in public school.
How do you know more teachers aren't like this? Because that's what mommy told you in your very special school just for you?

There are -- at least where I am -- many, many excellent teachers who would tell kids to work hard and want them to achieve. I know of kids who are writing iPhone apps in 8th grade and winning robitics competitions. I know of kids who are on the honor roll and captain of the baseball team.

Not everything is as you see it from your kitchen table-- and it seems to me-- you are simply justifying your "homeschooling" as somehow superior and therefore imagining yourself superior to other kids.

So, to borrow your own point, YOU'RE not special. How's that for a reality check?

Old 06-11-2012, 08:51 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,438,858 times
Default Just sayin'...

Quote:
We were talking about high schools.... besides we all know A&M leans conservative
And where do the vast majority of A&M students come from? Public schools, maybe?

Old 06-11-2012, 09:26 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,684,999 times
Those who complain about this generation forget who raise it.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:51 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times
Default Duplicate thread

Teacher tells high school graduating class "you are not special"

Old 06-12-2012, 06:53 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,130,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Those who complain about this generation forget who raise it.
I have to say, I am very impressed with the kids coming out of college the last couple of years. I have the opportunity to interview and hire a few college grads each year, and I found most of them very impressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies