Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2012, 09:55 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I never said Homosexuals are harmful, I said other peoples children are not any of your buisness,
And you were wrong. Or would you like to address the arguments I gave you?

And do you not realize that if it's understood homosexuality isn't hurting anyone, that going on about how it's "not normal" is just flat-out antagonistic for no reason?

Quote:
I don't tell other people what to believe and I sure don't tell other peoples children what to believe because it's not any of my buisness, teach your children what ever you like but leave others alone.
Not enough. For my son isn't the only child deserving of a sensible list of priorities (Harm? > Normal?)

Quote:
Children need to form their own opinions based on what they see and experiance to be individuals,
I don't think you really want that, because I'd bet that if everyone shut up about how "not normal" homosexuality is, the kids would come to believe it is perfectly normal indeed. I'd like nothing more than for today's youth to be allowed to start with a clean slate on this subject, but some parents won't let that happen.

Quote:
school is for learning skills not others opinions.
Who said anything about school? Nevertheless, I consider tolerance of trivial differences and rational discernment of right and wrong social skills worth promoting, whether in school or at home.

I consider teaching kids to point a finger at someone else and say, "They're not normal"... providing them... an impairment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 10:03 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Well, unlike what has been surmised here, my love is not conditional. I would still love her as much as I do now. I would, however, miss her. Very much. But I am raising her to make better life decisions than that.
Miss her? WTF does that mean?

Old 06-11-2012, 10:08 PM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
I never said Homosexuals are harmful, I said other peoples children are not any of your buisness, I don't tell other people what to believe and I sure don't tell other peoples children what to believe because it's not any of my buisness, teach your children what ever you like but leave others alone. Children need to form their own opinions based on what they see and experiance to be individuals, school is for learning skills not others opinions.
I think that if you continue on the path you are on, your children eventually will lose all respect for you...There is so much information available to them today that your influence on them will be minimal...

Old 06-11-2012, 10:28 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I think that if you continue on the path you are on, your children eventually will lose all respect for you...There is so much information available to them today that your influence on them will be minimal...
Thats because you don't know what your talking about, my children are grown and doing very well for themselves. You see your problem is you think us straight folks teach our kids to hate Homosexuals when in fact we don't, I let my kids grow up and form their own opinions.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post

And do you not realize that if it's understood homosexuality isn't hurting anyone, that going on about how it's "not normal" is just flat-out antagonistic for no reason?

Not enough. For my son isn't the only child deserving of a sensible list of priorities (Harm? > Normal?)

I don't think you really want that, because I'd bet that if everyone shut up about how "not normal" homosexuality is, the kids would come to believe it is perfectly normal indeed. I'd like nothing more than for today's youth to be allowed to start with a clean slate on this subject, but some parents won't let that happen.

Who said anything about school? Nevertheless, I consider tolerance of trivial differences and rational discernment of right and wrong social skills worth promoting, whether in school or at home.

I consider teaching kids to point a finger at someone else and say, "They're not normal"... providing them... an impairment.
Teach your children what you wish, I taught mine right from wrong and allowed them to form their own opinions.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:33 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,924,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I'm so glad I live in Canada where our kids are taught not to hate people because they are different, and that families with two moms of two dads is not wrong but just different, and are to be embraced like any other family....Homosexuality's existence is not kept secret in our schools.
Isn't it weird how the United States is so backwards? It's embarrassing. It's like we're all a bunch of ignorant hillbillies (oops - I didn't mean to offend hillbillies, but I am American . . .we are dumb like that) . . .

Ugh.

So backwards!

Old 06-11-2012, 10:38 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
You know what. I think my catholic school nuns and priests were more tolerable than some of you. They taught love and acceptance. Some here seem to teach intolerance and hatred in the name of god.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:21 PM

250 posts, read 379,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
There is no "typical" family anymore
This. One hundred times, this. Typical and normal don't exist. I help an ex-girlfriend raise her 17 year old son. Her and I haven't dated in years, but we've known each other for 16 years. I'm not her son's father and he doesn't call me dad, but I raise him like he's my son, when I can. The whole situation is unusual, messed up, and difficult, but it's my family. They think so too. If I never have children of my own, I at least had a family. There is no normal and the only thing that matters in a family is love. God doesn't tell you who to love, you do.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:57 PM

[quote=Vic 2.0;24704236]
Quote:
I'm not going to bicker or play 40 questions

Quote:
I don't think you really want that,
So your a mind reader and know what I want? interesting. I want kids to form their own opinions I'm not into brainwashing.

Quote:
Who said anything about school?
So your saying you want to make people teach this in their home even if it's not their opinion? Talk about big brother. So what happens when little Lisa forms her own opinion which differs from yours? Jail? prison camp?

Old 06-12-2012, 01:32 AM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Isn't it weird how the United States is so backwards? It's embarrassing. It's like we're all a bunch of ignorant hillbillies (oops - I didn't mean to offend hillbillies, but I am American . . .we are dumb like that) . . .

Ugh.

So backwards!

It is the left that is intolerant. The left gets militant, be it gay militancy or Union militancy.

We conservatives are a patient bunch, generally speaking. We just aren't pushovers. We won't shut up, sit down or get out of the way as even the inept teleprompter president suggested.

We can stand our ground being quite blunt and outspoken, but intolerant, we are not.

Yeppers, there's tons of video and other types of newsreports that prove which side is "intolerant" as well as which side is law abiding, and which side is not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies