Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 11:22 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,067,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
That is a twisted thing to say that it is normal. Not even all animals are "normal." Besides that, humans should try to rise above even the normal animals, at the very least.
Let me rephrase: it's not entirely normal but it is a natural occurrence and frankly, kind of debunks the whole notion that it is a choice as many of those animals on the list are governed by basic instinct only.

We humans can indeed try and rise above it all with our reasoning abilities but we too have basic instincts that drive us and telling a homosexual to be straight is about as hard as a straight man taking a vow of celibacy for life.

Again I ask, how old are these children in question? This could help determine just how impressionable they actually are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 11:25 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What are you going to tell the boy when he asks you why two moms and no dad? I really think you need to be thinking about that although I agree with how you say you are handling it up to now. The day will come and it may come before he understands much about sex and why some homes have no dad, like yours or none like the friend's doesn't have. I am really glad my boys grew up before 2000. They learned about homosexuality the way most boys have always learned about sex which may have been bad but we didn't get to deal with it.
Every family is different. He asked me once why his dad doesn't sleep in my bed like my brother and sister-in-law and I told him every family is different and they have to do what makes them happy.

Not sure he understood but it satisfied him for the time being...except for a while he kept saying "my mommy and daddy don't sleep together"

Old 06-10-2012, 01:21 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
One of the prime reason why my daughter is homeschooled.

All the deviant channels on the TV are blocked.
I guess you can continue to sequester them from the reality of the world they will be thrust into eventually. But why ill prepare them for life?

Old 06-10-2012, 01:41 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
I'm so glad I live in Canada where our kids are taught not to hate people because they are different, and that families with two moms of two dads is not wrong but just different, and are to be embraced like any other family....Homosexuality's existence is not kept secret in our schools.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:47 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I'm so glad I live in Canada where our kids are taught not to hate people because they are different, and that families with two moms of two dads is not wrong but just different, and are to be embraced like any other family....Homosexuality's existence is not kept secret in our schools.
So your government and school systems believe that "all people are created equal" and that each has an inalienable right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" that doesn't include being bullied?

It would be very nice if Americans could look at the world that way.
The Declaration of Independence

Go Canada!

Old 06-10-2012, 02:02 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So your government and school systems believe that "all people are created equal" and that each has an inalienable right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" that doesn't include being bullied?

It would be very nice if Americans could look at the world that way.
The Declaration of Independence

Go Canada!
Bullying still exists in Canada, but since gay marriage became legal, and our education system evolved to include full information on human sexuality, it has become less common.

Old 06-10-2012, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Bullying still exists in Canada, but since gay marriage became legal, and our education system evolved to include full information on human sexuality, it has become less common.
Bullying will always exist, unfortunately.
Much of it comes from the religious side of the world.

Norway found that with education about sexuality and honest discussion provided a significant lowering of the number of abortions and acceptance of people of all sexual orientations.

Funny how education will do that.

Hatred, unfortunately, seems to be learned at home.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:03 AM

488 posts, read 554,709 times
Quote:
It was suggested or implied that this needs to be discussed in a new thread.

Why is it reasonable to teach young children that it is normal to be homosexual, at such a young age that most of them don't even understand normal sexuality.

Discuss.
Let's leave it to parents to discuss/teach? Difficult concept?

Old 06-10-2012, 03:11 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,192,643 times
Quote:

Why is it reasonable to teach young children that it is normal to be homosexual, at such a young age that most of them don't even understand normal sexuality.

Discuss.
There are these things called books out there. Why don't you go buy some from people who do research into child developmental psychology and see what data is out there around what is best. Asking a bunch of random people on the internet is pretty ****** useless.

Quote:
Let's leave it to parents to discuss/teach? Difficult concept?
Parents who don't want their children to be taught about acceptance of other people in their class can home school. You send a child to a public school then yes they have to be taught to be civil and accepting of others. Otherwise, you'd get, for example, kids of racists going in and dropping N bombs all day long.

Old 06-10-2012, 03:14 AM

Default Hateros gonna hate

Quote:

Discuss.
Looks like some people prefer to teach hatred.
How's that working for the US?

Hateros gonna hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies