Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 11:38 AM

391 posts, read 688,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarristerDavis View Post
Women who make false claims of rape do a huge disservice on true rape claims that women make.
I once had a gal accuse me of tricking her to go out with me when
there was no deceit whatsoever on my part.

That totally blew me away and I was considering myself happy that
no sex was involved at all.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:47 AM

691 posts, read 1,427,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Bother to look at the stats I provided twice?
Were they actually convicted of rape and not sentenced to a day in jail? Was there enough evidence to convict them or do you just assume all 97% are guilty?

Old 06-10-2012, 11:47 AM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,174 times
I've known women to regret having sex with guys when her peers make her feel bad for doing so, first suggestion?

"Say he raped you" That way they can rationalize it wasn't her fault despite she gave consent. Never in my life have I seen such stupidity about wanting a refund from a night of passion.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:48 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
14:40 in the clip. The host is telling the men they could have made better decisions.
No, I mean in this thread. Who is blaming the victim?

Quote:
I wonder what would happen if he told the same thing to a rape victim who was dressed in skimpy clothing. He'd get his show cancelled.
I watched the video. Here's a news flash for you. Women are taught, at least the women in my social circles, from the time we're kids to be careful of men. Not to dress this way or that way. Not to be walking around late at night alone. Not to get intoxicated around any man. Women are told this all day, every day, the world over through out all of human history and in practically every monotheistic religion that has ever existed. You're biased and therefore unable to see it.

Anyhow, you have not made any kind of argument where feminism is concerned.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:02 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,497,278 times
Quote:
I got in contact with her again asking if she wanted to hook up and she said she got back together with her old boyfriend and declined. One month later detectives came over to my apartment arrested me for allegations of rape.
If all that you say is true, then the part where she said ( she went back
with her old boyfriend ) is probably the reason why she said you raped her.

She is trying to make things not look so bad on here part,
because he found out you were with her and she is trying
to make excuses so he will calms down.

Quote:
To this day I am still trying to get the arrest record expunged.

This same woman even had the audacity to go and get an order of protection against me, an order i did not even fight because I did not ever want to see her again.
Both of these things on your record can
really hurt you in the future ! ! !

Old 06-10-2012, 12:03 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
I've known women to regret having sex with guys when her peers make her feel bad for doing so, first suggestion?

"Say he raped you" That way they can rationalize it wasn't her fault despite she gave consent. Never in my life have I seen such stupidity about wanting a refund from a night of passion.
I've never once heard that and I know lots of women of all ages, teens through 70s.
Where have you heard this?
Or did you just make it up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
Were they actually convicted of rape and not sentenced to a day in jail? Was there enough evidence to convict them or do you just assume all 97% are guilty?
RAINN is the pre-eminent rape statistical site on the web.
I highly suggest that you spend more time reviewing the site or doing your own research.

Of course, you can just continue to blame women for everything, falsifying rapes, causing their own, lying, etc.
For me, educating myself is always the better choice. YMMV.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:11 PM

788 posts, read 1,271,745 times
I've never known any women to cry rape when it hasn't happened, but I've personally experienced being ridiculed and ostracized when that's exactly what did happen. So it happens on both sides.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:20 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I've never once heard that and I know lots of women of all ages, teens through 70s.
Where have you heard this?
Or did you just make it up?
I wish I was making this up, I've heard it twice. Once in my early 20s when I used to work with mostly women and overheard that conversation.

Second time at my current job, same type of circle, because the guy was apparently a virgin and they laughed at her for "taking one for the team". She said she had a good time until her friends made fun of her.

Quote:
RAINN is the pre-eminent rape statistical site on the web.
I highly suggest that you spend more time reviewing the site or doing your own research.

Of course, you can just continue to blame women for everything, falsifying rapes, causing their own, lying, etc.
For me, educating myself is always the better choice. YMMV.
I know what you're getting at, but you have to remember that in the real world people lie. Yes, rape is real too, and I also agree the false rape claimers make the cases for real rape victims look bad, something that needs consideration too.

So to combat the skewed statistics, some other websites have been cropping up spreading awareness of false rape:

Main Page - Register-Her.com

False Rape Society

Old 06-10-2012, 12:30 PM

14 posts, read 18,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
If all that you say is true, then the part where she said ( she went back
with her old boyfriend ) is probably the reason why she said you raped her.

She is trying to make things not look so bad on here part,
because he found out you were with her and she is trying
to make excuses so he will calms down.

Both of these things on your record can
really hurt you in the future ! ! !
That is one theory, however I think she lied. Her former boyfriend was a person she broke up with after high school. I still had her as a friend on my facebook account by the time of our encounter and when she made the false allegations. She was not able to remove me because I deactivated my account. A couple months after the incident, I reactivated my account and saw her update her relationship status to in a relationship with some new guy. Go figure

Crackpots theory makes most sense, his qoute "Say he raped you" That way they can rationalize it wasn't her fault despite she gave consent. Never in my life have I seen such stupidity about wanting a refund from a night of passion".

I remember the assistant DA mumbling like *sigh* "she probably regretted having sex with him".

Surprisingly that restraining order case has not come back to haunt me. I can not even find it. This girl was one crazy....

Old 06-10-2012, 12:35 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
I know what you're getting at, but you have to remember that in the real world people lie. Yes, rape is real too, and I also agree the false rape claimers make the cases for real rape victims look bad, something that needs consideration too.

So to combat the skewed statistics, some other websites have been cropping up spreading awareness of false rape:

Main Page - Register-Her.com

False Rape Society
I think the animals who claim false rape make real victims look bad to those who already hate women to begin with. Sane, intelligent people understand that false claims will happen and that does not mean the horror of rape is any less real.

Regarding those websites. The first one is set up to look like wiki, which is ridiculous, and many of the links are dead. The second one has the first story not involving rape accusations.

Anyhow, this wiki article links to a reliable source if you're interested.

Quote:
FBI statistics FBI reports consistently put the number of "unfounded" rape accusations around 8%. The average rate of unfounded reports for Index crimes is 2%.[2] However, "unfounded" is not synonymous with false allegation.[3] Bruce Gross of the Forensic Examiner's says that:
This statistic is almost meaningless, as many of the jurisdictions from which the FBI collects data on crime use different definitions of, or criteria for, "unfounded." That is, a report of rape might be classified as unfounded (rather than as forcible rape) if the alleged victim did not try to fight off the suspect, if the alleged perpetrator did not use physical force or a weapon of some sort, if the alleged victim did not sustain any physical injuries, or if the alleged victim and the accused had a prior sexual relationship. Similarly, a report might be deemed unfounded if there is no physical evidence or too many inconsistencies between the accuser's statement and what evidence does exist. As such, although some unfounded cases of rape may be false or fabricated, not all unfounded cases are false
Again, false accusations of rape are horrific, and the women should be jailed long term, but lets not pretend that men are falsely accused at the rates women are raped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies