Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 08:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
1. We had a war. Blame the Godfather/Joker of the Nation, Bush. How do you feel on the last year of your highschool, former students now lower then grunts, trying to sweet talk you into joining the military. Nothing but war, and that is why the economy failed. We were expecting a nation of peacefull means. They decided to sacrafice us, and nobody cares because everybody is too stupid to care.

2. People are too dependent on the internet and wireless serivice. We spent more time, marketing digital television ( TELEVISION THAT YOU CAN EITHER GET IT OR DO NOT GET IT ),
exposing our children to toxic radio waves, We forced people to buy flatscreens, smart phones, and other crap we do not even need. It all started with Caller ID, which is actually a free service, since the ID machine was invented, for police usage. We do not need highspeed,
celluar/mobile phones, and flatscreens. Your too scared to walk down a street without a phone, then leave the nation.

3. People had and have dreams. Instead of following them the damn parents just kept telling us to go to college. They never tried to work with us, on anything, they just said to go to college. I am talking about the same simplitons who's greatest joy is watching television and scraping down food, and visits the doctor like if they are Jesus. Nobody gave anybody any ultimadium.

4. What is Generation Y? where are Generation Xer echo??? All I see is a bunch of racist, self-absorb people, who are dependent of money like water, and do not even know how to save, a dime. The Boomers never grewed up at all, they kept on partying and kept on divorcing, and kept on blaming the devil. They never paid attention to the Asians, or Russians
at all. They are blindsided, as their entire monies get sucked down the drain.

When the forsaken boomers get pushed into nursing homes, where they will be abused, and treated like crap. Where their mouse screams will be ignored by their angry hatefilled spawn, and grandspawn. Nobody ain't going to come to their rescue. Then a boomer might think they can get out by going to a tropical island. Think again, because they will most likely get burried in a grave where lime is poured on their bodies.

5. If people just stopped spending money on certain things, like cable television, crappy retarded security systems, that are ever-so fictional, or fatty foods, that line their kitchen,
then maybe the nation would start progressing.

Their are tons of racist people in USA, Some from nations where they have small feet, and cows walk freely. Some from your backyards, and nations you can see in the distance. The flat fact is that people come here with hatefilled minds, still stupid and dumb, they make money and they leave stealing our nations comodities. The nation hates it's own children for choosing partners outside their race, and the next for choosing careers they do not understand, and so forth. Just a whole streamline of hate. Next time when you hire a person, rmember who they represent and where they are from. I garentee they would never hire you.

.................................................. .................................................. ...............

Their is no nation. Their are no people, and nobody cares about anything anymore. They just want to work towards their goals, and nobody cares, about anybody. Wittled down like a pencil being sharpened. Then immigrants come into our house and rob us blind. Cars are rubbish, music is rubbish, food is rubbish. The only thing keeping people sane are the loved ones they hold dear.
This country is doomed if the individuals who will inherit it compose their thoughts as poorly as the post above is written.

[this is awful]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 10:29 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,755,730 times
Now, I agree Gen. Y needs to suck it up. Life is not fair and the sooner you learn that the better off you'll be.

However, I will say, the douche bag GOP boomers who launched two wars paid for with two tax cuts, torpedoed the economy, and now are acting like the deficit spending that Obama has had to do to bail out companies and people is outrageous have no shame and deserve no respect. They basically decided that tax cuts for Wall Street and unfunded wars are more important than investing in the future of America. Ask them to do anything and you will get a tirade of saber rattling and whining to make your ears bleed. Yet, the boomers have had it just about as good as any generation in the history of the world. They have shown themselves to be selfish prix, for the most part, though a minority are salt of the earth folks. Your choice is to take what the boomers will throw you. Or get pissed, get organized and vote the selfish bastards out. Plenty of us older Americans are outraged too, and we want to see and provide real leadership. Let's work together.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:58 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
1. We had a war. Blame the Godfather/Joker of the Nation, Bush. How do you feel on the last year of your highschool, former students now lower then grunts, trying to sweet talk you into joining the military. Nothing but war, and that is why the economy failed. We were expecting a nation of peacefull means. They decided to sacrafice us, and nobody cares because everybody is too stupid to care.

The US has never been a peaceful nation, why expect it now?

2. People are too dependent on the internet and wireless serivice. We spent more time, marketing digital television ( TELEVISION THAT YOU CAN EITHER GET IT OR DO NOT GET IT ), exposing our children to toxic radio waves, We forced people to buy flatscreens, smart phones, and other crap we do not even need. It all started with Caller ID, which is actually a free service, since the ID machine was invented, for police usage. We do not need highspeed, celluar/mobile phones, and flatscreens. Your too scared to walk down a street without a phone, then leave the nation.

Who forced you? I own a flatscreen only because I didn't have a TV before. I don't own a smart phone. No one forced me to do anything I didn't choose to do.

3. People had and have dreams. Instead of following them the damn parents just kept telling us to go to college. They never tried to work with us, on anything, they just said to go to college. I am talking about the same simplitons who's greatest joy is watching television and scraping down food, and visits the doctor like if they are Jesus. Nobody gave anybody any ultimadium.

I see you're blaming your parents. Sounds like you have a problem with your parents.

4. What is Generation Y? where are Generation Xer echo??? All I see is a bunch of racist, self-absorb people, who are dependent of money like water, and do not even know how to save, a dime. The Boomers never grewed up at all, they kept on partying and kept on divorcing, and kept on blaming the devil. They never paid attention to the Asians, or Russians at all. They are blindsided, as their entire monies get sucked down the drain.

When the forsaken boomers get pushed into nursing homes, where they will be abused, and treated like crap. Where their mouse screams will be ignored by their angry hatefilled spawn, and grandspawn. Nobody ain't going to come to their rescue. Then a boomer might think they can get out by going to a tropical island. Think again, because they will most likely get burried in a grave where lime is poured on their bodies.

???
What the heck are you talking about, interesting rant, but nothing more.

5. If people just stopped spending money on certain things, like cable television, crappy retarded security systems, that are ever-so fictional, or fatty foods, that line their kitchen, then maybe the nation would start progressing.

It's about choices. Why are yours better than anyone else's?
Do you take your own advice?

Their are tons of racist people in USA, Some from nations where they have small feet, and cows walk freely. Some from your backyards, and nations you can see in the distance. The flat fact is that people come here with hatefilled minds, still stupid and dumb, they make money and they leave stealing our nations comodities. The nation hates it's own children for choosing partners outside their race, and the next for choosing careers they do not understand, and so forth. Just a whole streamline of hate. Next time when you hire a person, rmember who they represent and where they are from. I garentee they would never hire you.

???
.................................................. .................................................. ...............

Their is no nation. Their are no people, and nobody cares about anything anymore. They just want to work towards their goals, and nobody cares, about anybody. Wittled down like a pencil being sharpened. Then immigrants come into our house and rob us blind. Cars are rubbish, music is rubbish, food is rubbish. The only thing keeping people sane are the loved ones they hold dear.

Please explain what you mean.
Are spelling and grammar also rubbish?
This post is hysterical.
I had to show it to a cow-orker.
My comments in blue.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:54 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,509 times
Some of this excessive debt and unemployment/underemployment among college grads will end in future years. Not anytime very soon, but it will end. My guess is that as soon as colleges and universities start noticing those endowments drying up and alumni donations drying up in the wake of graduates who were never able to find decent paying jobs with their "education" and therefore couldnt afford to give donations back to their alma mater, and arent sponsoring their children to sign up to throw money down the drain at the same university that they, as parents, graduated from -- my guess is thats when you'll see universities doing a widespread reevaluation of not only their tuition rates, but of their curriculum also, and the people who teach that curriculum. They'll finally ask themselves "why have we seen a drastic decline in endowments in recent decades?" "Are we offering useless programs that dont equip our graduates with the knowledge necessary to actually get jobs?" "Are our tuition rates limiting the amount of ambitious, smart young people who are willing to sink money into something that is increasingly not paying off at all?" "Are our professors incompetent at teaching students and inept at equipping them with the necessary skills to actually be useful to employers upon graduation?" "Are lenders predatory to the degree that their practices are deterring students from signing their lives away in acceptance of a fate debt enslavement?"..

Old 06-18-2012, 09:56 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
In a related story, Barack Obama has chosen to not deport an estimate 2,000,000 illegal immigrants.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:58 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Some of this excessive debt and unemployment/underemployment among college grads will end in future years. Not anytime very soon, but it will end. My guess is that as soon as colleges and universities start noticing those endowments drying up and alumni donations drying up in the wake of graduates who were never able to find decent paying jobs with their "education" and therefore couldnt afford to give donations back to their alma mater, and arent sponsoring their children to sign up to throw money down the drain at the same university that they, as parents, graduated from -- my guess is thats when you'll see universities doing a widespread reevaluation of not only their tuition rates, but of their curriculum also, and the people who teach that curriculum. They'll finally ask themselves "why have we seen a drastic decline in endowments in recent decades?" "Are we offering useless programs that dont equip our graduates with the knowledge necessary to actually get jobs?" "Are our tuition rates limiting the amount of ambitious, smart young people who are willing to sink money into something that is increasingly not paying off at all?" "Are our professors incompetent at teaching students and inept at equipping them with the necessary skills to actually be useful to employers upon graduation?" "Are lenders predatory to the degree that their practices are deterring students from signing their lives away in acceptance of a fate debt enslavement?"..
Why do you think it's the responsibility of educators to give people job skills?
Schools provide the education and knowledge, but skill takes time.
They're just another person leaving academia and starting out.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:09 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,139,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Why do you think it's the responsibility of educators to give people job skills?
Schools provide the education and knowledge, but skill takes time.
They're just another person leaving academia and starting out.

Saw that one coming a mile away. lol Never said its the responsibility of educators to give people job skills. I very deliberately stated "skills necessary to be useful to employers" because 'job skills' means that one expects educators to do vocational training in teaching very job specific skill sets. That is not their purpose. However, skills necessary to be useful to employers entails MUCH more than mere vocational training. According to actual employers, the number of college graduates who cant even do basic algebra or who cant even write using correct grammar is unprecedented. This is something educators need to accept responsibility for if they are to be considered educators at all.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:33 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,870,931 times
And yet Obama handed 800,000 people job permits to compete with them. Thanks Mr. President! I'm a lifelong Dem and I couldn't be more disgusted with him right now.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:37 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
And yet Obama handed 800,000 people job permits to compete with them. Thanks Mr. President! I'm a lifelong Dem and I couldn't be more disgusted with him right now.
Yep. He betrayed the American worker for cheap political expediency and these halfwits don't even begin to understand. What's more, he took an oath to enforce the laws of our country. If this is not dereliction of duty, I don't know what is.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:45 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I am waiting for these kids to start having babies as a consequence of the sheer boredom of unemployment.

When I graduated in the early '70's I could not find a professional job either. Fortunately I knew how to machine metal and some metal working industry was still around. Thank you Branson Sonic Power in Danbury Connecticut for the job. Eventually I found work in my field.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies