Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 10:44 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Do you think the Citizens United ruling was a win for conservatism, or a loss?
It's a loss for everyone outside of the political arena. It's a win for both Republicans and Democrats inside the political arena. Let's not pretend that Democrats are or will ever turn down unlimited SuperPAC funds. Barack flip-flopped on public campaign funding, and he flip-flopped on SuperPACs. Your question is moot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 10:47 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It's a loss for everyone outside of the political arena. It's a win for both Republicans and Democrats inside the political arena. Let's not pretend that Democrats are or will ever turn down unlimited SuperPAC funds. Barack flip-flopped on public campaign funding, and he flip-flopped on SuperPACs. Your question is moot.
They would be stupid to, for as long as it is allowed.

Have you signed up a petition and are actively engaged against getting rid of the stupidity passed by the Supreme Court? I have, and am.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:49 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
McCain was willing to.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:51 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
ALL monetary influence on government is a bad thing.

I believe that politicians should have a certain amount of public money and 6 weeks to make their case through ideas, not by outspending the other guy/gal.

There would NEVER be a leftie elected outside of leftie bastions again!

Lefties simply don't have a great message.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
McCain was willing to.
Did he?

Old 06-11-2012, 10:54 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:

Have you signed up a petition and are actively engaged against getting rid of the stupidity passed by the Supreme Court? I have, and am.
Are you also actively engaged against big labor unions funneling money into political campaigns?

I sure am, I'm for getting rid of both forms of unlimited money in politics... are you?

Old 06-11-2012, 10:56 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Did he?
I posted the link. Post #20. I'm eagerly awaiting your answers.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Not that you actually answered (as seems so often the case) but you ended up right. It's about policies.

Goldman Sachs did not influence votes. They influenced policy. But yet you will still vote for the guy who allowed himself to be bought off. You do not want to hold a politician responsible for his actions, you want to hold others responsible for his actions.

You are blaming the liquor store for the alcoholic.
Liquor stores and the alcoholics are a match made in heaven.

"Goldman Sachs did not influence votes. They influenced policy. But yet you will still vote for the guy who allowed himself to be bought off."
And why is Goldman Sachs the top contributor to Romney campaign now? Do you believe these people are idiots, who are simply wasting their money? Given your frustrations with my lack of answers (or, shall I say, my responses that make for rather unpleasant situations for you).

Quote:
It was a win for the Constitution. Only you can decide where you fall on that.
Then what exactly was that "bought off" about? Constitution demands it, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
How can anyone answer your questions when you prove that you have very little if any knowledge of what you're spewing?
Educate me. Got the guts?

Old 06-11-2012, 11:02 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,848,638 times
Quote:
Educate me. Got the guts?
About the origins of the Tea Party? Sure, where do you want to start? Your claims of how the Tea Party began are incorrect and nothing but partisan rhetoric thrown around by those on the left who couldn't care less about facts. These are the same people on the left who claim that the Tea Party events thousands of us attended in 2007 and 2008 simply didn't happen. It's the same people on the left who claim that the Tea Party was created for a number of reasons, none of which are true.

The Tea Party started before Obama won
The Tea Party started before we had a black President
The Tea Party started on a platform of limited government and common sense in fiscal policy, not racism or hate of anyone
The Tea Party was started by people who did and still do love this country and want to fix the problems created by decades of R and D politics that always seem to hurt Americans.

Consider yourself educated, you want more?

Old 06-11-2012, 11:04 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
Quote:
Conservatives: do you see any downside to corporations and the mega-rich have unparralled influence in the gov't?
It's so funny to me how the so-called 'intellectual' liberals on C-D have managed to brainwash themselves into believing that the Democrats don't protect Wall Street/The Top 1% as much as the Republicans do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies