Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2012, 10:24 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
I'm really interested in seeing how this one will turn out. I'm all for 1st amendment rights, disagree with what the KKK stands for, would hate to see the Adopt-a-Highway program go away, but would be ashamed to drive along a highway section sponsored by the KKK.

It is within their rights to adopt so....

KKK group seeks Adopt-A-Highway OK *| ajc.com
When you really have to worry is when the KKK begins an adopt-a-prison program, or adopt-a-school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 10:32 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Watch out, your crazy is showing.
I’m not crazy just wouldn’t shed a tear if they all disappeared tomorrow. If they like cleaning up highways I know a stretch of road on I110 between Slauson and Florence they can show up at in their robes. We're waiting...

Old 06-12-2012, 10:51 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
To all of those that attacked me for stating the truth:

I am so tired of people praising organizations like the NAACP and the Black Panthers and downing the KKK. As I have said many times, I would never join either group but I probably have friends that belong to each group.

My aunt fired her maid back during the Civil Rights movement because she told my aunt she would not be at work the next day because she got paid more for going to Charlotte to knock white people off the streets. Wonder who was paying her? It certainly was not the KKK.

The KKK had a reason for being when it started. I see absolutely no difference between the three groups I mentioned. And I see no reason for any of the three groups to still be active. I consider anyone that praises one of these organizations and downs another of them to be prize a number one hypocrite. You see we all have a right to our opinions and everyone should have the same right to pick up trash or any other legal activity as any other organization.

If you are going to down racist organizations; then make it all of them. You can include in that those organizations such as a racist political group. It is time to end the racist activities and that includes any racist organization. We should all just be Americans with nothing before the word American if we are to be a United States of America.

Last edited by NCN; 06-12-2012 at 11:07 AM..

Old 06-12-2012, 11:18 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
To all of those that attacked me for stating the truth:

I am so tired of people praising organizations like the NAACP and the Black Panthers and downing the KKK. As I have said many times, I would never join either group but I probably have friends that belong to each group.

My aunt fired her maid back during the Civil Rights movement because she told my aunt she would not be at work the next day because she got paid more for going to Charlotte to knock white people off the streets. Wonder who was paying her? It certainly was not the KKK.

The KKK had a reason for being when it started. I see absolutely no difference between the three groups I mentioned. And I see no reason for any of the three groups to still be active. I consider anyone that praises one of these organizations and downs another of them to be prize a number one hypocrite. You see we all have a right to our opinions and everyone should have the same right to pick up trash or any other legal activity as any other organization.

If you are going to down racist organizations; then make it all of them. You can include in that those organizations such as a racist political group. It is time to end the racist activities and that includes any racist organization. We should all just be Americans with nothing before the word American if we are to be a United States of America.
Wow just wow! When you think you might have read it all something like this is posted. First off the NAACP is not a hate group and only someone with an agenda or lacking knowledge would make such a claim. Secondly defending the KKK is a testament to your character. The KKK had a good reason to be started? Yea that good reason was to kill black folks, to become terrorist to an oppressed people, to prevent liberty and happiness. The only hypocrisy I see is someone defending something like this and believing in the constitution at the same time! I’m going to have to reiterate my “Wow just wow!”

Old 06-12-2012, 11:22 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
The NAACP does allow white members. They are not the same as the KKK or CBC.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:25 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The NAACP does allow whites to join unlike the CBC. It costs nothing.

Oh, and the war is long over, that is not what they stand for.
The war may be over but white women are still being raped and murdered and there are some that don't find a problem with that. They seem to think it is justified. They try to make sure the person that did the crime gets off without punishment. And yes, some white people help them take advantage of us. That is their sin, not mine.

The NAACP is for the advancement of only one race of people. I don't care who they allow to join. Members of groups have nothing to do with the rights of the organization. You are demonizing one organization and praising another organization that in my opinion has done things just as bad in the name of justice than the one you are demonizing.

Maybe it is time for us all to get our blinders off and start telling it like it really is. Have you not seen the tapes of speakers at the meetings of the group you say is not a hate group? They sounded pretty hateful to me.

Last edited by NCN; 06-12-2012 at 11:36 AM..

Old 06-12-2012, 11:29 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
The war may be over but white women are still being raped and murdered and there are some that don't find a problem with that. They seem to think it is justified. They try to make sure the person that did the crime gets off without punishment. And yes, some white people help them take advantage of us. That is their sin, not mine.

The NAACP is for the advancement of only one race of people. I don't care who they allow to join. Members of groups have nothing to do with the rights of the organization. You are demonizing one organization and praising another organization that in my opinion has done things just as bad in the name of justice than the one you are demonizing.
Who has the NAACP killed?

Or maybe something easier. Who has the NAACP run out of town?

Old 06-12-2012, 11:34 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I’m not crazy just wouldn’t shed a tear if they all disappeared tomorrow.
I feel the exact same way about the NAACP, I wouldn't shed a tear if they all disappeared tomorrow.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:46 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I feel the exact same way about the NAACP, I wouldn't shed a tear if they all disappeared tomorrow.
Yes you have made your feelings about anything related to colored people well known....

Old 06-12-2012, 11:51 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Yes you have made your feelings about anything related to colored people well known....
Colored people? Really? I've made my feelings about racist people well known, I can see how that might bother you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies