Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 01:25 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,411,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He broke many campaign promises but few supporters hold a politician responsible for that. It's Bush's war.

Totally disagree with you. Three and a half years later, not blamed on Bush, sorry.

I have tapes of Obama, when he was running and newly elected, yes of course we taped him. So we could play the tapes back, and see what Obama had to say. That would turn out not to be true.

Do you know in my tapes, the first line of business Obama said he would do was to end the war within a 6 month time period! Really now, Lie.

Yes he said that. And many many more things, that turned out to be lies also. Many people i know, now hold him accoutable, he gets no free passes, as no others did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 01:36 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,434,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Totally disagree with you. Three and a half years later, not blamed on Bush, sorry.

I have tapes of Obama, when he was running and newly elected, yes of course we taped him. So we could play the tapes back, and see what Obama had to say. That would turn out not to be true.

Do you know in my tapes, the first line of business Obama said he would do was to end the war within a 6 month time period! Really now, Lie.

Yes he said that. And many many more things, that turned out to be lies also. Many people i know, now hold him accoutable, he gets no free passes, as no others did.
obama said bombing civilians was bad...he has been killing civilians with bombing raids since he came in

lets see the obama resume.......nobel peace prize...hmmm

carpetbombing and murdering innocent civilians in Pakistan less than one week into office

carpetbombing and murdering innocent civilians in somolia

carpetbombing and murdering innocent civilians in Yemen

carpetbombing and murdering innocent civilians in lybia

continuing the iraq war (its still on going)

continuing the afgan war, even EXPANDING it

continuing and expanding the warrantless wire taps

gitmo still open, only now we contract out to other foreign countries to waterboard

contninued funding and authorization of the patriot act

authorized 'touchy feely' TSA and harmful xrays

Old 06-13-2012, 03:26 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,989,568 times
Quote:

The Great One also said he would cut our debt in half in his first term.

Change has come to America which is true but not the change Americans wanted and come November people will vote for Change again by voting this community goat herder out

Old 06-13-2012, 04:57 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,575,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You would think that a peace president would be able to end a useless war after 3.5 years. But no, he has become a war monger. Wasting American lives and tax payer funds.

We are years past due when we should have exited this useless war.

You boy Bush had seven years to wrap it up and left it as a disastrous quagmire. Come to think of it, he did the same thing with Iraq and the recession.

As much as you haters want to make Afghanistan into Obama's war, it never will be.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:09 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,361,568 times
I have both the ability to not support war, but distance that from my need for insane amounts of money. Still currently in Afghanistan as a Civilian Contractor making money hand over fist. So long as The commander in chief says we stay here, I'll turn the other cheek. If he says we go home tomorrow, so be it, but until then, I'm whoring out this job for as long as humanly possible.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:32 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,692,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
You boy Bush had seven years to wrap it up and left it as a disastrous quagmire. Come to think of it, he did the same thing with Iraq and the recession.

As much as you haters want to make Afghanistan into Obama's war, it never will be.
Your boy said he would end the war. He lied. He's had 3.5 years to end a war that could have been ended in 2 months. Instead, he has expanded the war. More Americans have been killed in this war under Obama's watch than Bush's.

As Ron Paul said, "we marched right in and we can march right out".

I guess it's more important for Obama to spend hundreds of billions of our tax dollars on this useless war than to feed the poor and repair our roads and bridges.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:07 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,665,850 times
It certainly is for the people that received the "hundreds of billions of dollars". In some ways the War is what is keeping this economy from collapsing. I agree with the people that think the war has continued too long and that we should have spent the money on domestic infrastructure but, without the cachet of WAR, the Republicans would have prevented spending the money in the name of domestic frugality. Better to have spent the money feeding the war profiteers than not spent it at all.

President Obama has figured out War in the 21st century. Instead of nation states fighting over territory and resources in huge air, sea and land battles these wars will be more like suppressing a revolution. These will be cultural and religious wars conducted, as most revolutions have been, all over the globe as small scale terrorism designed to demoralize the dominant society until it eventually gives up. The revolutionaries do not care how many of their co religionists die in the fighting so long as they die for the cause.

The difference between Obama’s warfare and the previous generation’s is president Obama is treating al-Qaida and the Taliban as criminals not opposing armies. Over the centuries western warfare discouraged killing opposition leaders as too personal. This President is concentration on killing the leaders of the opposition using any means possible. He is treating them as outside any and all law and practicing pest control at a pest by pest basis.

There is considerable opposition to these tactics as they result in much less spending than carper bombing and armies on the ground. Less money spent by the government means less profit for the war profiteers and they are not happy. IMHO it is time to free ourselves from these parasites while continuing to kill the criminals.

Like everything else this President is trying to accomplish the RWNJ’s are doing everything they can to block his efforts regardless of how much their opposition damages this country.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:20 AM

45,137 posts, read 26,325,093 times
Obama has spent over a trillion dollars on his wars. Taking it from productive classes and redistributing to contractors, advisors, lobbyists, all to create ill will abroad by murdering innocents who posed no threat to us and killing and maiming our own troops in the process.
I think I'll puke if I read one more post praising his handling of the wars or mealy mouthed excuses that the economy will collapse if we end the wars now.
Obama is an arch criminal.

Last edited by Frank DeForrest; 06-13-2012 at 06:35 AM..

Old 06-13-2012, 06:27 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,075,058 times
Quote:

I'm not arguing that Obama didn't lie about nearly everything he said during the campaigns.

His supporters most certainly should hold him responsible for that.

Quote:
That's the way it should be. It's Bush's war.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:42 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,575,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Your boy said he would end the war. He lied. He's had 3.5 years to end a war that could have been ended in 2 months. Instead, he has expanded the war. More Americans have been killed in this war under Obama's watch than Bush's.
Please explain why your boy Bush didn't "end it in two months."

He had more than 7 years.

Quote:
As Ron Paul said, "we marched right in and we can march right out".

I guess it's more important for Obama to spend hundreds of billions of our tax dollars on this useless war than to feed the poor and repair our roads and bridges.
You can guess all you want. Obama has put together the plan that will get us out. What you'll never admit is that we should have been out of there in 2005. Instead, you waste your energy in trying to shift the blame for Bush's war to his successor. You Bush apologists are endlessly amusing, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies