Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 05:53 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,205,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Why do wealthy lefties send their kids to private schools instead of the public schools they love so much?
For the same reason that the majority of public school teachers send their own children to private schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 05:54 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I haven't seen a single statistic to back up the assertion of this thread. Typical right-wingers go off on non-factual information.

I am Libertarian not democrat nor republican.

would this link work for you, sincce you like facts?

Kennedy tries to halt windmills - Washington Times

Old 06-13-2012, 05:56 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
bek they dont want their kids to go to a ghetto school just like you but when u bus ghetto kids to a new school they somehow take the ghetto with them. gangsta culture is the villain. . good op, u got rep.
an example kensington in SD 100% of locals send them off to private, meanwhile smack in the middle of kensington @ K12, all the kids, 100%, are bused in from ghetto in the morning and bused out and the end of the day. yep diversity your tax dollars at work.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 06-13-2012 at 07:06 PM..

Old 06-13-2012, 06:00 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I am Libertarian not democrat nor republican.

would this link work for you, sincce you like facts?

Kennedy tries to halt windmills - Washington Times
A link about" Kennedy tries to halt windmills" relates to liberals sending kids to private schools to you? Sorry but this entire thread is based on more right-winger non-factual nonsense. Can't have a discussion about something that is not an issue.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:00 PM

336 posts, read 450,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
For the same reason that the majority of public school teachers send their own children to private schools.

Jeez, some people just love the sound of their own voice.

the majority of public school teachers send their own children to private schools

Where do you get this information? I challenge you to offer even the slightest proof of this.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:02 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxBlueMan View Post

the majority of public school teachers send their own children to private schools

Where do you get this information? I challenge you to offer even the slightest proof of this.
They have none. This thread should actually be deleted by the mods.

Threads like this one actually ruin the integrity of this forum.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:20 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:

Where teachers educate their own children

Public schools no place for teachers' kids - Washington Times

that enough or you want more?

more than just slight proof, wouldnt you say?

Old 06-13-2012, 06:31 PM

336 posts, read 450,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
Where teachers educate their own children

Public schools no place for teachers' kids - Washington Times

that enough or you want more?

more than just slight proof, wouldnt you say?

Oh my God. This is your proof? The first article doesn't even give a percentage, and the second gives this quote.

Nationwide, public school teachers are almost twice as likely as other parents to choose private schools for their own children, the study by the Thomas B. Fordham Institute found. More than 1 in 5 public school teachers said their children attend private schools.

So, let me get my electron calculator out and see if I can figure out what percentage '1 in 5' is.

I guess we already know that it must be more than 50% since that's the definition of majority, and you were so proud to get this 'proof' over to me right away.

Just give me a minute................

OK, I must have done something wrong the first time, because I got 20%. OK, let me try it again. Nope. Got the same answer again. Oh I see, I must be using one of those liberal calculators. You know, the one's that give you the truth, whether to like it or not?

Typical wingnuts. You've made up your minds, and now you refuse to be confused by the actual facts.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:31 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
Quote:
In my opinion 'religious education' is an oxymoron.

But, if that's what you want, you'd still have plenty of time to force feed the coolaid to your kids.

There are 168 hours in a week.

It wouldn't hurt for your kids to go to public school and learn science, math, factual history, english etc, for 30 of those 168 hours.

If you can't get your point across to your children in the other 82% of the time that they aren't in school, then maybe you should re-examine the credibility of your beliefs.
And the government doesn't "feed the kool aid"???
Who are YOU to decide what my kids should- or shouldn't- learn??
Why do you assume that an education given in a religious institution wouldn't be academically rigorous? Have you checked the state of our government schools??

Old 06-13-2012, 06:34 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
We want right wingers to get educated instead of walking around as illiterate zombies. Not that we can claim much success with it, but that is the least we can do.
If they walked around as illiterate zombies they would be Obama voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies