Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 10:12 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Typical right wing response! The problems that the US faces were in place even before Obama was elected.
You know what us funny about your post is that the "Obama" haters like yourself or the members of Congress who have a "R" behind their names have basically blocked every legislation he has proposed to better this economy.
It's quite telling when Republican Mitch McConell says the GOP's agenda is to make Obama a "one term" President!
The Republicans don't care about the US but their own political agenda.
Obama has the power to bring the parties together. He never once used that power..never! The past presidents including Bush brought both parties into his office and even Clinton. Obama is the major divider.. he never once ever tried to bring the parties together because he is a communist so far left extremist he can't even fathom to do that.

Talk about far right , Obama is a different kind of leader. One who wants full power and nothing less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2012, 10:13 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama has the power to bring the parties together. He never once used that power..never! The past presidents including Bush brought both parties into his office and even Clinton. Obama is the major divider.. he never once ever tried to bring the parties together because he is a communist so far left extremist he can't even fathom to do that.

Talk about far right , Obama is a different kind of leader. One who wants full power and nothing less.
Keep the people divided will keep him in office.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:20 AM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It would be time for Americans to come together if there's ever been a time to come together.

For one, we have a horrendous problem of American poverty -- but the politicians are afraid to ever propose any limits to very massive especially illegal immigration. They'd rather make promises to the fast growing immigrants than worry about the problems of joblessness and lack of opportunity of Americans.

We need to put Americans first -- and that should be apart from race or stereotypes about work ethic. Americans need jobs, and the politicians will not face that issue.
I disagree. The US does not have a poverty problem. Our poor are taken care of very well and have plenty to eat and programs to help with finding housing and other needs. Third world countries have a poverty, problem we do not. We have a fraud problem with people using the system rather than choosing to support themselves. That is not a poverty problem.

No one in the government can create jobs. The best thing the government can do is get out of the way and let the citizens with the means to do so create the jobs. Get rid of unions and stupid rules that keep us from firing bad teachers and others that are bringing the country down. The people need to run the country instead of the few in the government that are out of touch with how the average person lives anyhow.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:32 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
I disagree. The US does not have a poverty problem. Our poor are taken care of very well and have plenty to eat and programs to help with finding housing and other needs. Third world countries have a poverty, problem we do not. We have a fraud problem with people using the system rather than choosing to support themselves. That is not a poverty problem.

No one in the government can create jobs. The best thing the government can do is get out of the way and let the citizens with the means to do so create the jobs. Get rid of unions and stupid rules that keep us from firing bad teachers and others that are bringing the country down. The people need to run the country instead of the few in the government that are out of touch with how the average person lives anyhow.
subcontracting would solve most problems. the issue is we only subcontract the little guys.
cops, government & school management, and firemen are hands off.
kelly girl could take care of most of our problems.
the feds need to stop telling the banks who they can lend money to.
civil rights law should not be used to defend criminals sue victims and promote the incompetent and give out bad loans.
any guy stupid enough (including me) to get married without a prenup under current civil rights driven law system is meritous of being hung out to dry.
we give out billions in student loans for gen ed advanced degrees. needs to stop now.
most want an advanced gen ed degree, almost all just need a trade. america does not need 20 million more managers.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post

(3) Abolish the IRS and enact a flat tax, so that all Americans are paying! Those who are unemployed, and receiving benefits pay no income tax.

I really like this idea. Our current system discourages people from increasing their income. Have everyone pay and at the same percentage. How can anyone argue with that?

Old 06-14-2012, 10:37 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
subcontracting would solve most problems. the issue is we only subcontract the little guys.
cops managers and firemen are hands off.
kelly girl could take care of most of our problems.
the feds need to stop telling the banks who they can lend money to.
civil rights law should not be used to defend criminals sue victims and promote the incompetent.
any guy stupid enough (encluding me) to get married without a prenup under current civil rights driven law system is meritous of being hung out to dry.
we give out billions in student loans for gen ed advanced degrees. needs to stop now.
most want an advanced gen ed degree, almost all just need a trade. america does not need 20 million more managers.

Not bad. Very much on board with the last part! Like anything else, college is big business. Too bad it seems to benefit the Univerisities more than the students. How about the racket of when you buy books, then try to sell them back? If you're lucky you'll get a fraction of what you paid for the damn thing, or they'll conveniently tell you that they are rolling out a new edition of the book, and therefore, you're stuck with it!

Old 06-14-2012, 10:38 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
I really like this idea. Our current system discourages people from increasing their income. Have everyone pay and at the same percentage. How can anyone argue with that?

Thanks. Of course we do have the issue with the elderly, and those who are truly unable to work. We'd have to figure something out with that.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:40 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:

Our current system discourages people from having more money in their pocket? That's absurd.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:47 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I agree with this, I feel nothing short of a revolution will save this country and that's not going to happen.

The people in this country are too divided. I would just live my life to it's best and not worry.
I've been saying that for many, many years now but as you said, that's not going to happen, the people are too divided.

I am afraid I have to agree, creme, we just must live our own lives to the best of our ability.

If I had to pinpoint where things started to go wrong, I'd guess it started with JFK. I may be wrong but I think his liberalism really started the ball rolling. I think Eisenhower was our last "good" president. He wasn't a politician per se, he was a General looking out for the welfare of our country.

Woulda, shoulda, coulda. The country needs to stop being divided first before anything could happen and that, my friend, would take another major disaster to happen like 9/11 and even then it won't solidify people unless it directly affects them.

Illegals crossing the border? Give citizens the right to patrol the border. I betcha that would help quell the influx. Drug dealers? Same thing. Of course that would create chaos but I'm pretty sure when the gun powder settled, "the people" would still be the ones standing.

"The people" are getting what they sowed many moons ago, more time for their own problems, lives, so they paid others to handle all of those other pesky little problems.

*the preceding was JMHO.*

Old 06-14-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Thanks. Of course we do have the issue with the elderly, and those who are truly unable to work. We'd have to figure something out with that.
If there is no income because someone can't work than they can't pay income taxes. We will always have a small percentage of people that really can't take care of themselves. These are the people that should receive entitlements from the government. If we don't take care of our helpless I don't think we can call the US the greatest country in the world. Our entitlement system needs a overhaul. Most of the people taking from the government shouldn't be. We are about to the point where the majority of people are takers in some way. It's all falling apart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies