Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 02:10 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Something went wrong with your quoted quote. That was not my post.
That was personwhoisaperson that posted that, not me.
That was strange. I know it wasn't you though.
Thanks for the heads up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 02:14 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,151 times
Quote:
Sorry..13 is NOT old enough to think they can act like a responsible adult or even make legal decisions.
Who are you kidding ?

The body has matured but not the mind. These are kids that still cry when someone calls them "fat" for pete's sake.
I understand that. But if they think teens are old enouggh to not only learn about sex but also learn how to have sex aren't the mature enough to make decisions like that? (I don't believe this, just pointing out the hypocrisy)

Old 06-15-2012, 02:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
I understand that. But if they think teens are old enouggh to not only learn about sex but also learn how to have sex aren't the mature enough to make decisions like that? (I don't believe this, just pointing out the hypocrisy)
Honestly I don't understand the thinking behind that. I don't know the family.
And 13 is definitely not old enough to be taking on that responsibility. How will she do "sleepovers" with her friends ? That is what it's all about in MS..BFFs, sleepovers and boyfriends and getting on the cheerleader squad.

Their bodies are years ahead of their brains. Puberty used to occur years later (I think 16 was the age) but now kids bodies are maturing earlier.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:21 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,946 times
LOL

Go ahead and teach kids about oral, anal, whatever. It's just kind of hysterical teaching kids how to have sex. How ridiculous. You don't learn how to have sex with a text book.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:35 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Today it seems anything goes.. Love goes with sex and nothing less.

It shouldn't be taught as if it is some graphic body parts doing things.. these poor kids were probably grossed out.. this principal is so far over the line he should go to prison not fired. He stole the innocence of these kids and it cannot be undone. I would be outraged to the point I would want an arrest. Send a nice clear message that you don't under the banner of sex education talk about the extreme sex practices of adults. How disgusting to talk to children that way.

This is for the parents and even parents should not be so graphic. When a person gets married it should be a sacred joining of two individuals in love and no less.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:45 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
This is for the parents and even parents should not be so graphic. When a person gets married it should be a sacred joining of two individuals in love and no less.
Yeah, until one partner gets bored. That's the American way. lol

Old 06-15-2012, 02:54 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
7th? That's too freaking late.

We had our first sex education in 5th grade. Yes, because girls at 11 were already getting their periods, and the school thought it best to start teaching about sex ed at the time. We learned about condoms and the like, as well as what happens if you have sex without protection. Although, I already knew about sex by the time I was 8 years old. My parents were very forward thinking.
We didn't get the sex -ed class until we were in 9th grade....freshmen in HS! That was 1966.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I am not arguing against sex ed but it's not this simple.

Would you say that sex ed is more comprehensive today or 40 years ago? I would say today.

Is teen pregnancy and and STD's lower today?
Definitely more comprehensive today. We had one film about a boy who got a rash, as he looks down there. The doc tells him what it is and what it's from and that was the extent of sex-ed. Well, there was a girl's part too but I don't remember that. I was, after all a girl and I knew where babies came from so it's only the boy part I remember. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The facts are that 50 plus years ago abstinence was the only thing taught and the rate of pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases was far lower.

I am not advocating abstinence only sex ed. I am completely fine with kids getting the facts. But there is more to the rapid rate of teen pregnancy and STD's than a simple lack of education.

IMO it's cultural. It's that teen pregnancy has become the cool thing to do for so many and nobody tells them it isn't.
I want to agree with you, pknoop but the post below me says we are wrong. I read the article but can't believe it! There were TWO girls prego in my class by the time we were seniors. One girl who was a year behind and have no idea about the lowley sophmores or freshmen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Teen pregnancy rates are lower now than 50 years ago. (Teen birth rates were at their peak in 1957, actually--although of course abortion was illegal almost everywhere in 1957, so that's only part of the story.)
They got them though. Most went to NY to back alley "doctors". A very good friend of mine did that and she ended up in the hospital hemmoraging and of course her parents found out then. She became sterile, never being able to have another baby.

Quote:
Well of course not. The schools indirectly are condoning early sex and at earlier ages.
What no one is taking into account is the maturity level of these kids.

Everyone seems to think it's lack of education. BS..they know plenty these days including details. More than past generations of 12 year olds. And the number of teen pregnancies, as you noted, is NOT going down.

Why HS yearbooks now have a dedicated page for the "pregnant seniors".
Wow, when the school found out you were prego in my day, you got kicked out. No ifs ands or buts.

As for MHO of this topic, I think it is disgusting that those kids lost their innocence if they had any. My friends and I were still playing with Barbies at 13! Of course she and Ken were "doing it" but what the hay, we were doing that instead of the real thing!

It's a social problem. Welfare life begets welfare life. So on and so on. Not many escape it. 1) Parents can not disipline their children without fear of being put in jail or having the kids taken away. "Spare the rod and spoil the child". 2) The parents are too busy working for all the "must haves. 3) The parents don't care, are too stoned anyway.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:59 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
How would you explain the transmission of herpes from genitalia to the mouth without telling someone that sometimes people put genitalia in their mouths?

How do you explain the necessity of wearing a condom to prevent diseases that can pass anally if you don't tell someone to wear a condom while having anal sex?

The principal was asked a direct question, and they answered. Hiding, and avoiding questions does not help stop the transmission of STDs, or reduce teen pregnancy.
My children didn't need to know such things at age 11, they were more concerned with playing, when they showed interest in the opposite sex I had a talk with them along with their health education in school and everything went fine. They didn't need strangers telling them how to have oral and anal sex. No big deal.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:09 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
My children didn't need to know such things at age 11, they were more concerned with playing, when they showed interest in the opposite sex I had a talk with them along with their health education in school and everything went fine. They didn't need strangers telling them how to have oral and anal sex. No big deal.
Then you're one of the good parents. Many parents don't have any type of sex talk with their children.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:13 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
I don't know about a BJ (if it's condemned in the Bible.) but I do know anal sex is called sodomy. As in Sodom and Gemmorah. Not right at all and especially telling 11 year olds about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies