Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2012, 03:09 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Polygamous Mormons don't exist. The Mormon Church policy is to excommunicate members who are found to be practicing polygamy.
The Mormon faith that has remained true to the teachings of founder, Joseph Smith, endorses polygamy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 03:10 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The Mormon faith that has remained true to the teachings of founder, Joseph Smith, endorses polygamy.
This is not true. I will allow Katzpur (assuming she returns to this thread) to expand on this, since she is far more knowledgeable than me on this topic.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:24 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
"Three men in Tennessee have notched up a staggering 78 children by 46 different women between them - and are doing their best to squirm out of paying for a single one. Terry Turnage has 23 children with 17 different women, while Richard M. Colbert has 25 children with 18 women. But Desmond Hatchett takes the record with 30 children with 11 women. On rare occasions, they pay a few dollars to the long-suffering mothers but mostly leave the state to pick up the slack - while one eludes his responsibilities altogether thanks to a stint in prison."

Read more: Tennessee's deadbeat dads: The three men who have 81 children by 46 different women... and they're not paying child support to any of them | Mail Online

Welfare reform, anyone?
Are any of these men members of the NBA, NFL, or MLB?

Old 06-17-2012, 03:30 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
This is not true. I will allow Katzpur (assuming she returns to this thread) to expand on this, since she is far more knowledgeable than me on this topic.
What can I say. I tell it like it is and I'm told, in essense, that I'm a liar.

Joseph Smith, the founder of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, would be the first to insist that he was not the only man who would ever stand as head of that Church and who would speak as its prophet. "The Mormon faith that has remained true to the teachings of its founder" is the one whose members believe the words of the living prophet. And if the living prophet -- the man called by God to direct His Church and receive ongoing revelation for its members -- says that it's God's will that polygamy be discontinued, the Church's membership accepts that a rescinding of a prior revelation given by a prior prophet. Throughout the Bible, people were instructed to live by one set of commandments at one time and then by a different set of commandments. If we were to all disregard the words of all the prophets who lived after Moses, we'd be left with The Ten Commandments and would not be enjoying the blessings of Jesus Christ's New Covenant today. The various offshoots of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reject the words of Joseph Smith if they reject those men who succeeded him.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yup! All those Anti-Choicers should give those breeders the high five!!!

They didn't abort those precious gifts!!!
Or those men and women could have used a medical device that's been around for thousands of years called a condom. Much cheaper than having a baby.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Have your fun at the expense of black folk. Again. I can't stop you. But, there is this: America has imprisoned an almighty large amount of black men. A HUGE number of black women are very, very religious and very celibate. Blacks in America are not reproducing at replacement levels and will be the smallest minority of any in this country by 2050. Enjoy the fun while you can.

I stopped sleeping with black women in my twenties. White women use birth control. Mostly. Certainly the middle class ones I knew and know. Birth control pills aren't cheap and the white church shoved their useless abstinence dogma on a very susceptible population. With black women its all or nothing. She is either out of reach sexually or a ticking bomb. Centuries of repression will do that. It is totally the fault of white people that you have the black underclass to poke fun at and get outraged over.

The heartless hypocrisy of threads like this is unrelenting. Don't you people have anything else to do? I know I do, otherwise with a few dozen keystrokes I could find some white male losers to give these jokers are run for the money.

H
Condoms are cheap and you don't need a prescription. Even King Tut had a condom.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:36 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
What can I say. I tell it like it is and I'm told, in essense, that I'm a liar.

Joseph Smith, the founder of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, would be the first to insist that he was not the only man who would ever stand as head of that Church and who would speak as its prophet. "The Mormon faith that has remained true to the teachings of its founder" is the one whose members believe the words of the living prophet. And if the living prophet -- the man called by God to direct His Church and receive ongoing revelation for its members -- says that it's God's will that polygamy be discontinued, the Church's membership accepts that a rescinding of a prior revelation given by a prior prophet. Throughout the Bible, people were instructed to live by one set of commandments at one time and then by a different set of commandments. If we were to all disregard the words of all the prophets who lived after Moses, we'd be left with The Ten Commandments and would not be enjoying the blessings of Jesus Christ's New Covenant today. The various offshoots of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reject the words of Joseph Smith if they reject those men who succeeded him.
What Mormon prophet eventually denounced polygamy and did not practice it?

Do Mormons still believe in polygamy in their "next world?"

Old 06-17-2012, 03:54 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
Do Mormons still believe in polygamy in their "next world?"
You've already been told time and time again that Mormons don't believe in polygamy even in this world.

Old 06-17-2012, 04:00 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'm the one who said that, so if you have something to say, address me, not the other women on this thread.

Where did I say that you should do that anyway.
I clearly stated that I wouldn't try to push my fantasy in any way.

BTW, if it ever did come to pass, I would hope that it wasn't reversible.
I'm for negative population growth.

Don't let facts get in your way.
You wouldn't be able to make it sensational if you did.

Completely untrue.
She said absolutely nothing about vasectomies at birth. I did.
There was no crowd saying anything, it was ME.

Got a gripe, take it up with me.
You guys lump all conservatives together. Quid pro quo.

Old 06-17-2012, 04:02 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Or those men and women could have used a medical device that's been around for thousands of years called a condom. Much cheaper than having a baby.
?????

I don't know what that has to do with the post of mine you quoted:""
Yup! All those Anti-Choicers should give those breeders the high five!!!

They didn't abort those precious gifts!!!"""
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies