Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 01:13 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,629,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
dd, you are a Negro by definition. Why not accept it? Why be ashamed?? Negro is the correct term, not black, not African-American, not Afro-American, but Negro.
You're not exactly qualified to make that statement.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:17 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,810,540 times
Quote:
dd, you are a Negro by definition. Why not accept it? Why be ashamed?? Negro is the correct term, not black, not African-American, not Afro-American, but Negro.
You do realize that Negro means Black right????? So black would be a correct term and people can call themselves whatever they want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Interesting, Ed you of all people would instruct what is the "proper" term for an African American. I suggest you call an african american a Negro to his face and see if it's proper.

You like to be called a cracker? Is that the proper terminology for a caucasian?
The proper term for a white person is a Caucasoid. We should shorten it to Caucas (LOL) like they shortened Negroid to Negro.

Caucas is almost like cracker, but cracker would probably be more synonymous with n*gger since it is seen as derrogatory to a lot of white people (kind of like honky). But I think Cauca would be a good compromise for those who want to refer to us as Negro in this day and age.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:19 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,388,201 times
Since "negro" is a Spanish word, everyone using it must be a Hispanic sympathizer in favor of illegal immigration.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:22 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,168,788 times
Quote:
Pffffffft....act stupid on C-D if you want to, but you aren't crazy. You know what term to use, and despite this Negro nonsense you're spewing here, you know damn well that you aren't about to call a black person a Negro.

So its like whatever...I'm not gonna argue with you over the topic.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:23 PM

6,392 posts, read 5,164,273 times
1- The Person Must Learn To Put First, The First Things Are: Education; Development of Character Traits; A Trade and Home Ownership.

2- The Person Must Stop Expecting God and Someone Else To Do For Him What He Can Do for Himself.

3- The Person Must Keep Himself, His Children and His Home Clean And Make The Surroundings In Which He Lives Comfortable and Attractive.

4- The Person Must Dress More Approximately For Work And For Leisure

5- The Person Must Make his Religion An Everyday Practice And Not Just A Sunday-- Go To-Meeting
Emotional Affair.

6- The Person Must Highly Resolve To Wipe Out Mass Ignorance.

7- The Person Must Stop Charging His Failures Up To His “Whatever” And To Someone Else's Attitude.

8- The Person Must Overcome His Bad Job Habits

9- He Must Improve His Conduct In Public Places

10- The Person Must Learn How To Operate Business For People--Not For certain People, Only.

11- The Average So-Called Educated Person Will Have To Come Down Out Of The Air, He Is Too Inflated Over Nothing.

12- The Person Must Stop Forgetting His Friends, “Remember”.

Though #5 is for the religious, not everyone.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:27 PM

45,524 posts, read 27,133,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Another race bashing thread. :roll eyes:

Don't we have enough of them and gay bashing threads too?

You bigots are becoming wearisome.
Clueless comment - unless you can explain yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nice. Sage wisdom from 1930....when I was just a "Negro." Well ain't that cute?

Excuse me folks, but I have shoes to shine and toilets to clean. Later.
So which number is bad advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Oh Gawd.

The "Negro" written at a time when "negroes" were hung for looking at a white women the wrong way, were forced BY LAW to sit in the back of a bus, enter through a back door, and give their seats up for a white person. A time when in some states, "negroes" were denied the right to vote by force and murder.

Sad, that you would post this crap and expect people to bob their heads in agreement.

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Some advice is just timeless - and she was smart enough to understand that you behave properly regardless of how others treat you.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:29 PM

9 posts, read 5,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Don't they still have idiots who try to make stupid points today???
Well do they or don't they still have 'The United Negro College Fund'?

Old 06-15-2012, 01:30 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,957,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred_Garvin View Post
Well do they or don't they still have 'The United Negro College Fund'?
Yes they do, now what's your point??

Old 06-15-2012, 01:32 PM

186 posts, read 263,179 times
Actually, I think this is wonderful advice...for ALL people and should be force fed to our kids the minute they begin to understand spoken language. It is about family values and taking PERSONAL responsibility.

I think 7 could be changed to: People should not blame their parents, their neighbors or other people for their failures. Learn harder, work harder.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:34 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,168,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Clueless comment - unless you can explain yourself.

So which number is bad advice?

Some advice is just timeless - and she was smart enough to understand that you behave properly regardless of how others treat you.
Yea....treat me as badly as you want. Kick me, spit on me, disenfranchise me, laugh at me, and show me proper scorn.

But the most important thing is that I "behave properly."

Yassuh Boss!! I promise to be a good kneegrow and behave properly.

Unreal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.