Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 05:59 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times

Advertisements

The south has to catch up to the north as far as treating women with respect. I see a big difference how women are treated in the south. Ordered instead of asked.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:29 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurb View Post
If you refuse to believe it, ask yourself these questions:

A). Why are women a protected class

B). Why do women get the same opportunity to enlist in the military without the same obligation to register for the draft?

C). Why Do men get more traffic tickets than women, desptite the fact that men are better drivers? Yes, it's been proven.

The bottom line answer to these questions, IMO is that this is a feminist country that likes to coddle its women while kicking it's men in the teeth. If you know that typical chic who sweet talks her self out of tickets or if you had the sisters who was held in higher regard by your parents than you, I'm sure you can relate to this rant.

men do not have breasts, flash,, flash,, beep ,beep

Old 06-17-2012, 07:49 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,382,750 times
A). Because too many women had children, who got divorced. Some seperations were good, while others affected peoples lives. However we need more confused citizens to join the military and make wrong decisions, to keep various services going.

B). Note women in the military are never sent out in the feild first. Also seriously like the crazy woman in the post office, she is unable to lift a package, even if she is sappose to.

C). The officers know that women are barely able to afford how to drive, or even do an oil change. The same with locksmiths, who know that a woman is probably living in an apartment from paycheck to paycheck, because of a divorce situation, most likely. Even rarer a case of
death. They can see how much they make, and know it is almost nothing. Imagine parking by a school for PTA night, and the officers are giving tickets to the parents.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:52 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,041,670 times
Quote:

B). Why do women get the same opportunity to enlist in the military without the same obligation to register for the draft?

C). Why Do men get more traffic tickets than women, desptite the fact that men are better drivers? Yes, it's been proven.

The bottom line answer to these questions, IMO is that this is a feminist country that likes to coddle its women while kicking it's men in the teeth. If you know that typical chic who sweet talks her self out of tickets or if you had the sisters who was held in higher regard by your parents than you, I'm sure you can relate to this rant.
There is no draft and most cops are men so it's mostly men doing it to men...not women.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:28 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Someone has female issues

Old 06-18-2012, 07:21 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
well for starters: we have no draft in America and haven't for years, so explain how you came to the conclusion about the draft registration.

Men might be better drivers I have no idea, I would love to know where you did your research, but men do drive faster than women overall, so I don't think your comments are correct.

What do you mean by a protected class?

it sounds to me like you might have just had a run in with your mom and dad and are not very happy right now or you need to think things through a little closer?

Nita

We have no current draft but men are required to register in case the draft is initiated. Women are not. The OP said men must register. He never said there is a draft.

Selective Service System: Fast Facts

Quote:
Race, color, sex, creed, and age are now protected classes.
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

Do you think they mean men there when they say sex is a protected class?

The driving question is debatable. I've seen studies that go both ways.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:56 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:

Another whiny white man....

Old 06-18-2012, 08:08 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Smile This country sucks if you're a man

Yeah...

Especially us white guys.

We've got it tough in America these days.

</sarcasm>

Old 06-18-2012, 08:41 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
I do believe the OP has some valid points. What irritates me with thread like this, is people do not read what is being written. The OP mentions that women do not have to register for the draft and immediately people start saying that there hasn't been a draft, which isn't exactly the same point. It's true that women aren't required to do so but I think it speaks to some inconsistencies in this country.

I mean I think honestly one of the worst things that has happened to this nation is this Feminist movement. I think it's ridiculous because they are often talking about women's rights and think it's important even when it infringes on the rights of others. I believe everyone should be treated equal. We don't need a manhood movement or a feminist movement, we need people to stop getting so emotional and use some common sense.

For example, registering for the draft is a prime example. You have women who want to be treated as men, but then you have some that will acknowledge that there are some things they are not capable of doing. We need to stop trying to make laws that people perceive to be "unequal" and instead make laws that deal with that individual group, period. There are simply some things that men can do, that women can't and vice versa. Women deserve equal pay for jobs that men also work, but if they are going to get equal pay, then they better be just as productive as the men. Women shouldn't just get paid, equal just because they believe they are entitled to it. I believe for most none physical labor jobs, that is the case, but in cases where the job requires physical labor, you are unlikely to find women that will always be able to do the same things that men can.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:11 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
I do believe the OP has some valid points. What irritates me with thread like this, is people do not read what is being written. The OP mentions that women do not have to register for the draft and immediately people start saying that there hasn't been a draft, which isn't exactly the same point. It's true that women aren't required to do so but I think it speaks to some inconsistencies in this country.

I mean I think honestly one of the worst things that has happened to this nation is this Feminist movement. I think it's ridiculous because they are often talking about women's rights and think it's important even when it infringes on the rights of others. I believe everyone should be treated equal. We don't need a manhood movement or a feminist movement, we need people to stop getting so emotional and use some common sense.

For example, registering for the draft is a prime example. You have women who want to be treated as men, but then you have some that will acknowledge that there are some things they are not capable of doing. We need to stop trying to make laws that people perceive to be "unequal" and instead make laws that deal with that individual group, period. There are simply some things that men can do, that women can't and vice versa. Women deserve equal pay for jobs that men also work, but if they are going to get equal pay, then they better be just as productive as the men. Women shouldn't just get paid, equal just because they believe they are entitled to it. I believe for most none physical labor jobs, that is the case, but in cases where the job requires physical labor, you are unlikely to find women that will always be able to do the same things that men can.
There is no law requiring women to register for Selective Service. When the predominantly male Congress passes a such a law, women will register.

FWIW, there's no "man's job" that some woman somewhere cannot do equally as well, if given the chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies