Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2012, 12:01 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
No, I do not speak Aramaic. My elderly, Jewish friend does and he pointed me to this one as preferable to the KJV of old.

Of course it's a free world. You can deny, use arguments about aramaic, yes or no, but you can't do so and have reality on your side. That's the cool thing about a free world. You can have fun and try to win a debate with this but all you've done, if so is fed your ego. Not furthered truth one iota.
So, you're basically saying "I'm right and you're wrong - neener neener?" Mature and logical debate technique you have, LOL.

Look, I am NOT a Biblical scholar, nor have I ever claimed to be one... I only know what I learned in Sunday School, Synagogue & Hebrew School, and none of what we read condemned homosexuality. Obviously what you read was interpreted differently, but these are all moot points when it comes to the laws - which are based on legal rights and actual evidence, not sky people or ancient texts. But if I can respect your beliefs and refrain from calling you WRONG, I do appreciate the same in return.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 12:02 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Hand the young lad an exam and perhaps he'll fulfill your wish.

We have already given him the exam and he failed miserably.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:03 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderAgeVoterRussian View Post
Because I'm knowledgeable. All honors
I was far more knowledgeable at 16 than you seem to be. And I was in the 10th grade, two years from graduation. Oh - and I graduated from high school with less than a 2.5 GPA (I was a pretty crazy teenager; I did straighten myself out and did well in college after some time at a community college).

Seriously - how in the world did you get an A in your biology class?

Old 06-17-2012, 12:03 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
I do not believe you. I don't believe you are blind, and typing, but you could be. There's some fancy puter programs these days.

I brought the proof you asked for, and cool thing is that it's here for tons of readers to see. Some of them for the first time in their lives. Cool beans~
It seems that you are the only one seeing it because that is how you interpret it but it doesn't make it true.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:05 AM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
So, you're basically saying "I'm right and you're wrong - neener neener?" Mature and logical debate technique you have, LOL.

Look, I am NOT a Biblical scholar, nor have I ever claimed to be one... I only know what I learned in Sunday School, Synagogue & Hebrew School, and none of what we read condemned homosexuality. You are entitled to your beliefs, just as I am entitled to mine, but these are all moot when it comes to the laws - which are based on tangible logic and evidence, not sky people or ancient texts. But I can respect your beliefs and refrain from calling you WRONG, I do expect the same in return.

You're not? You're not saying that you're right and I'm wrong? No, I wasn't taught to as much as consider homosexuality in Sunday school. It was avoided. Didn't prove a thing to me, and I'm not a scholar of anything. Just a researcher when I get curious about something.

I expect you to be confident as I am, and us to volley ideas. That's what forums have always been, to me. I've not seen you tiptoe with others when you were posting and I respected that about you. This is, speaking of freedoms, a place to speak from the heart as well as the mind. Calling me wrong doesn't bother me a bit, from anyone. It is not disrespect. It's the other person speaking what they see, discern, and believe, or think they do.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:05 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I was far more knowledgeable at 16 than you seem to be. And I was in the 10th grade, two years from graduation. Oh - and I graduated from high school with less than a 2.5 GPA (I was a pretty crazy teenager; I did straighten myself out and did well in college after some time at a community college).

Old 06-17-2012, 12:07 AM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
It seems that you are the only one seeing it because that is how you interpret it but it doesn't make it true.

It seems that what, two? folks say they don't see it.

Now, your point is? because those words are as clear as can be. Leviticus is about what it is referring to, and Jesus is, about the Whole Old Testament Law.

Glad I got the chance to post that, and yes it can go on other threads about homosexuality, too. It's in fact all one needs to put the argument to rest from the biblical standpoint though there are a couple more scriptures.

Thanks for continuing dialogue. Always is worthwhile and fun.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
It is really sad. What is even more sad is that you will probably be voting the same way as him. Sorry, could not resist it.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:08 AM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
I do not believe you. I don't believe you are blind, and typing, but you could be. There's some fancy puter programs these days.
We actually have a blind (and deaf) poster who frequents this forum, and she manages pretty well using accessible technology... so that's no joke! We only have to describe when a photo is posted, otherwise she's able to "read" and type like anyone else. Her name is "nimchimpsky," btw, and she is also a proud lesbian - not to mention, a very nice and intelligent person.

Quote:
I brought the proof you asked for, and cool thing is that it's here for tons of readers to see. Some of them for the first time in their lives. Cool beans~
I guess proof and truth are in the eyes of the beholder, because I also do not see how that proves your point... but you're welcome to interpret those words however you want, since as you said, it's a free world.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
It seems that what, two? folks say they don't see it.

Now, your point is? because those words are as clear as can be. Leviticus is about what it is referring to, and Jesus is, about the Whole Old Testament Law.

Glad I got the chance to post that, and yes it can go on other threads about homosexuality, too. It's in fact all one needs to put the argument to rest from the biblical standpoint though there are a couple more scriptures.

Thanks for continuing dialogue. Always is worthwhile and fun.
I want to thank you. I actually thought it was in there. It really did not matter to me either way, but now I know that it is not. You have really opened my eyes. I think you deserve a rep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies