Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 10:32 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I hope he's using his down time to dream up more radically Leftist ways to dismantle the U.S.'s constitution and bill of rights so that voters are sure to come out by the millions to make sure his arrogant muslim ass is voted out of office.
Some verbal vomit before going to bed part of your nightly routine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 12:35 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
A pathetic one for the CIC...........

The next time President Obama hits the links, it will be his 100th round of golf since coming to the White House. That’s quite a milestone in just 3 1/2 years. As it takes him about six hours to drive to the greens and complete 18 holes, Mr. Obama has spent the equivalent of four months’ worth of work time golfing. Meanwhile, the U.S. economy has been stuck in a sand trap.

MILLER: Obama's 100th golf round - Washington Times
I wonder how much time he wastes making love to his wife or eating dinner with his family.
Is this the best his opposition can come up with? Seriously?

Dude..... this is for not just Obama, but for every President and millitary member that I have ever known. You never get a day "off." You don't even get 1 second "off." You're always "on". Always.
He could be playing golf one minute, and in a chopper heading to Kansas 10 minutes later. There are military people who I know who have gotten off of "work", came home, and was told "get your bag, you're heading to XXXX location, across the globe, and you aint coming back for 3-6 months." "Maybe."
That's why he makes the big bucks. (Snort.) I think you gotta be a little crazy to want to be President.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:51 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How about Article I, Section 7. The method of passing legislation is in that section. Of course, you don't want to have to read any part of that, do you?
Please, do tell us what legislation President Obama passed in some other way -- and why that means he should be allowed to play golf.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:08 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Not allowing congress to make immigration laws
Made Recess Appointments- Article II Sec. 2 (the recess can only be a maximum 3 day recess as prescribed under Article 1 Sec. 5,

Declared War on Lybia w/o Congressional approval- provision for 60 days if an attack on US land or forces. Article I Sec. 8

Overthrew State governments with Stimulus Package-1607(b): "If funds provided to any State in any division of this Act are not accepted for use by the Governor, then acceptance by the State legislature, by means of the adoption of a concurrent resolution, shall be sufficient to provide funding to such State.”

GM Bailout- only congress has any authority with money

ObamaCare?-Supreme Court is currently doing the ruling
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I think you should re-read the constitution. Art. I, Sec 5 states:Art. II, Sec 2 states:
You have yet to explain what Obama violated.

Nothing in the Constitution mentions "60 days if an attack on US land or forces." You are quoting from the War Powers Act. You don't even know the difference between a law and the constitution.

Again, you aren't quoting the constitution. You are quoting a section of the law and not bothering to explain what you think Obama did wrong.

Read the news. That's what the Congress did.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/11/bu...pagewanted=all

Auto bailout tab could top $130 billion - Feb. 18, 2009

Did they rule? No.

It's clear you are angry but your anger and your facts are unfocused.
I see you can not follow
Read article one
The war powers act does mention 60 days So you think a president who breaks the war powers act is not breaking the law
Only congress can authorize money
We will see real soon

Old 06-19-2012, 06:14 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,661,715 times
Much Ado about nothing!

The folks casting a vote come Nov and not going to be swayed by the number of golf rounds the President has played.. but perhaps by the number of months they have been out of work..

Old 06-19-2012, 10:03 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
Not so bad if he is playing with dignitaries and such. Better than having NBA all stars come over for a pickup game.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:06 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
So Obama on the golf course is akin to how much Bush was at Crawford now ?

What happened to the "he works so hard and deserves some time off" that we heard for most of 2009 ?

Old 06-19-2012, 10:12 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Not exactly seeing the issue here.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:47 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,421,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Some verbal vomit before going to bed part of your nightly routine?
Is that the best you got??? If you don't have anything intelligent to say, post something like above. That will win your case.

So typical.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:59 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Not exactly seeing the issue here.
Congratulations! You're not hallucinating
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies