Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 01:36 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,066,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
I love bill maher ! It's view on religion is a bit offensive but everything else he says is true but really blunt which is why people hate him .
No, it is becaue he is a complete moron and consistantly lies about everything that people hate......

Your same flawed logic could also apply to that blowhard Limbaugh....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 01:42 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,629,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I wonder if they remember openly racist Democrats like George Wallace?

George Wallace: Biography from Answers.com
Or Robert Byrd, the KKK Grand PooBah!

Old 06-18-2012, 01:48 PM

24,483 posts, read 33,194,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad58 View Post
Who is Maher bigoted against?

The only people that Bill rages against are racist teabaggers, ignorant rednecks, religious fanatics, and hypocritical wingnuts. Those are all choices, that these people made.

And after all, isn't it his right and responsibility as an American to attack racism?

The difference between Bill and Drudge is that Drudge attacks people based on their race, (not a choice) while Bill attacks people based on their ignorance.
Well, I'm glad he does not have rage against the Tea Party.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:51 PM

589 posts, read 848,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I wonder if they remember openly racist Democrats like George Wallace?

George Wallace: Biography from Answers.com

The only reason that Wallace was a 'Democrat' is because Lincoln was a Republican. No Southerner could ever run for office as a Republican in Alabama, because the rednecks in the South were still mad at Lincoln.

But, as soon as Johnson pushed through his 'Great Society' reforms, the word Democrat replaced Republican as the party to hate.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:55 PM

589 posts, read 848,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Bill has consistantly shown himself to be just about the biggest idiot of all time..... which explains why other idiots are defending him

Why ignorant d bags are given a platform on which to spew their hate is beyond me..... why can't enough people boycott Maher, Letterman, Limbaugh and all the other idiots?

You can boycott Maher if you want. It just doesn't matter anymore, because he's on HBO now.

He is given this platform because MANY people like what he has to say. If no one was watching him, HBO would have canceled the show long ago.

Maher,
Stewart,
Colbert,
Letterman,
Furguson

All great Americans.

They're going to pull you kicking and screaming all the way into the 1800's whether you like it or not!

Old 06-18-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
The only reason that Wallace was a 'Democrat' is because Lincoln was a Republican. No Southerner could ever run for office as a Republican in Alabama, because the rednecks in the South were still mad at Lincoln.

But, as soon as Johnson pushed through his 'Great Society' reforms, the word Democrat replaced Republican as the party to hate.
What a vivid imagination..... do yourself a favor and turn off the hatemonger Maher..... you will automatically find yourself more informed about reality

Old 06-18-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
You can boycott Maher if you want. It just doesn't matter anymore, because he's on HBO now.

He is given this platform because MANY people like what he has to say. If no one was watching him, HBO would have canceled the show long ago.

Maher,
Stewart,
Colbert,
Letterman,
Furguson

All great Americans.

They're going to pull you kicking and screaming all the way into the 1800's whether you like it or not!
Your arguments apply to Limbaugh as well..... amny like what he has to say.... does not mean that he is good for society though

Maher appeals to the average low self esteem American who always needs an enemy and someone to hate, hence the reason for his underground popularity by the loser crowd

Old 06-18-2012, 02:07 PM

101 posts, read 295,499 times
Quote:
I don't need Maher to tell me not to respect the teabaggers. I can do that all by myself.

There is no place in America for the teabagger racism, bigotry, selfishness, and ignorance.

And there's nothing underground about ALL of the Maher supporters. We're loud and we're proud. Get used to it.
I went to a tea party & there was a Black man speaking.

The tea party may attract enough racists. However it is not a racist group.

Plus many in the tea party you view as racist aren't really racists. They often don't like the Ghetto Black thugs on welfare.

Many of them probably respect people like Thomas Sowell or Herman Cain or even Collin Powel etc

Old 06-18-2012, 08:46 PM

374 posts, read 809,924 times
Quote:

That is mostly true. But there are still plenty of anti-rich Southern Democrats.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:03 PM

336 posts, read 448,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark90 View Post
That is mostly true. But there are still plenty of anti-rich Southern Democrats.

Only in the South do most 'lower income' voters go Republican.

Thoughout the rest of the Country, this class of voters overwhelmingly votes Democratic.

I think it's got to be some lingering resentment toward Johnson's policies.

No where else in the USA do so many voters vote against their own financial best interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies