Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 06:53 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,947,442 times

Advertisements

I mean, the top 10% income earners pay a whopping 71% of the nation's taxes, while the bottom 50% earners pay NOTHING! And this problem of tax burden inequality is getting worse and worse. Before Obama took office, 45% of Americans paid no tax, now it's up to 50%! Does it really make sense to tax the rich even more? It is a complete lie when liberals say that the tax burden has fallen on the middle class, beacuse the facts just don't back that up. How can they say that when the bottom 50% pay NOTHING?! Why not have a flat, fair tax system instead? Let's say the tax rate is 20%. If you earn $30,000 a year, you pay $6,000 in tax. If you earn $1 million a year, you pay $200,000 in tax. It's simple and fair.

Did you know that 6.1 billion hours per year are spent on interpreting the tax code (by accountants) in America? (I am a tax accountant myself). The tax code is absolutely outrageously complex to the point where you know something is just wrong.

I think the corporate tax rate should be reduced to ZERO. That would immediately create 8 million jobs and bring our jobs back on American soil and leave China in the dust. This would create 8 million new taxpayers, which of course, increases revenue for the government. Isn't that common sense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 07:00 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times
Yep, you could quadruple the tax on the user wealthy and it would have zero impact on them... Well, maybe they'd have to buy a $200 million sailboat instead of a $300 million boat...

Old 06-18-2012, 07:09 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Yes. They should pay for the maintenance of the country they own and the military adventures they profit from.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:15 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,792,481 times
Your first sentence is wildly inaccurate. We all pay taxes. And as a percentage of income, the poor pay more than the rich.

Taxes are the lowest they have been in decades. So where are all those jobs that low taxes "create?"

"Common sense," as you look at it, would dictate that we should be swimming in a giant pool of jobs. The end of Bush's term should have been the largest job-creating session this country has ever seen. I mean, the wealthiest "job creators" were (and still are) doing phenomenally well.

So, why didn't they create all those jobs?

Old 06-18-2012, 07:25 AM

56 posts, read 45,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
I mean, the top 10% income earners pay a whopping 71% of the nation's taxes, while the bottom 50% earners pay NOTHING! And this problem of tax burden inequality is getting worse and worse. Before Obama took office, 45% of Americans paid no tax, now it's up to 50%! Does it really make sense to tax the rich even more? It is a complete lie when liberals say that the tax burden has fallen on the middle class, beacuse the facts just don't back that up. How can they say that when the bottom 50% pay NOTHING?! Why not have a flat, fair tax system instead? Let's say the tax rate is 20%. If you earn $30,000 a year, you pay $6,000 in tax. If you earn $1 million a year, you pay $200,000 in tax. It's simple and fair.

Did you know that 6.1 billion hours per year are spent on interpreting the tax code (by accountants) in America? (I am a tax accountant myself). The tax code is absolutely outrageously complex to the point where you know something is just wrong.

I think the corporate tax rate should be reduced to ZERO. That would immediately create 8 million jobs and bring our jobs back on American soil and leave China in the dust. This would create 8 million new taxpayers, which of course, increases revenue for the government. Isn't that common sense?
I don't agree with everything you said, but I think we should all pay taxes, from the can man to the rich man, and no deductions and other gimicks to escape paying.

1.I would make everybody pay the same "amount," not some percentage of an amount.
2.The amount would be based on what the can man can afford to pay annually. This is Americanism and equality for ALL found in the Constitution, the pledge to allegiance, and the American Creed.
3.Whatever that amount is, determines the amount government will have to work with, without any loans and other gimicks to indebt taxpayers.
4.Let states pick up the slack, and cut off taxing states entirely, which is just a gimick to move your states taxes to a red-states extra use.

The problem here is the rich would never stand for it, because they love using your money.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:26 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,051 times
During the Eisenhower era the wealthy were taxed at somewhere around 90%. The country grew by leaps and bounds.

Since 1970 the wealth has been transferring from the middle (working) class to the the rich. Look where we are at now. The backbone of America, the housing market is all be dead, massive unemployment, and record debt. All this while the wealthiest Americans harbor their billions in offshore accounts doing nothing be idling away and not even collecting interest.

The "trickle down theory" was exactly that, a failed theory. The only trickle was the outsourcing of good jobs to offshore destinations.

I say bring back the 90% tax rate on high earners.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:27 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Yep, you could quadruple the tax on the user wealthy and it would have zero impact on them... Well, maybe they'd have to buy a $200 million sailboat instead of a $300 million boat...

exon mobile just made 10.7 billion in the first quarter..

a lot of people think if you drop the taxes on the super wealthy they will create jobs, i say wrong-o.. the super wealthy will just buy more expensive art and and invest in gold and stock. oh,,,, and buy a few big azz mansions and yatchs..

every year as their becomes more and more billionaires ,you hear about more and more record breaking art prices,, the painting the scream went for 120 million, superman comic book sells for 1.5 million, a rare nickle went for like 1.9 million.. some diiick wad paid over 4 million to have lunch with warren buffet.. yep thats what they do with it....dosen't help the economy one jack sheet

Old 06-18-2012, 07:30 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,938,373 times
Quote:

Could you PM me the next Powerball numbers since you have this special ability to see the future? Daddy needs a new car.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:31 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,051 times
"The problem here is the rich would never stand for it, because they love using your money." shintao.

Who cares! Let them leave but make sure they lose their citizenship in the process. Make sure they can no longer make a profit from America.

We need people who will invest in America and Americans and not exploit every last penny in a scorched earth profit policy.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:32 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:

Absolutely! Until the Tax laws are cleaned up of loopholes, by all means make them pay their fair share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies