Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 04:00 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times

Advertisements

And Wal Mart stock has been going up. The only Penney's near us is across town in a rapidly declining mall. So I haven't been to it in years. Its not a bad store, I'd certainly rate it higher than Sears, K Mart, Wal Mart or Target for clothing. I bought a suit from them which I still have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 04:04 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I agree! I hadn't been there in a long time but went in about a month ago and every thing was so spread out it already looked like they were going out of business. The quality of clothes was pretty poor from what I looked at and I was somewhat surprised.

Well $8-$20 dosnt buy quality. It buys imported crap.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:09 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
In the end, the gay dads just didn't bring in the buyers.
It's stupid to antagonize 95% of the populace for the 5% homosexual fringe.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:44 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
I like what JCP was doing in its merchandsing and marketing, but ya got to admit they stuck their thumb in the eye of their core shopper.
Yep, my Mother would have been one of their core shoppers always saving the coupons and hitting the sales. You might be able to good price everyday now but that segment of the population thinking they were getting a deal aren't getting them and like her aren't going to Penny's. .

Old 06-19-2012, 04:44 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
JCP made a huge mistake by allowing Francis to change their pricing structure and merchandising. The drop in sales directly coincides with the elimination of coupon promotions and changing to a one low pricing scheme. Coupons are like a good drug. He also re-merchandised the stores with more contemporary and upscale looks with cheap quality. The typical JCP customer purchases "meat and potato" looks. The new management created a colossal cluster-f.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:41 AM

802 posts, read 1,321,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I agree! I hadn't been there in a long time but went in about a month ago and every thing was so spread out it already looked like they were going out of business. The quality of clothes was pretty poor from what I looked at and I was somewhat surprised.
Used to be I would go to JC Penney and get most of my clothes there. Now it's JCP and a majority of their clothing is geared, like most of the stores in the mall, to the younger crowd. I do not like the way the store at the King of Prussia Mall has been changed at all.

Things need to change or Penney's will go out of business.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:54 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Hmmmm what a shocker.

"After the closing bell, the department-store operator announced President Michael Francis was leaving, effective today, after only eight months on the job. Shares dropped 6.5% in after-hours trading to $22.75 in after-hours trading. The stock is down nearly 50% since early February.
J.C. Penney said CEO Ron Johnson, a former Apple and Target executive, would oversee the company’s marketing and merchandising functions.
Francis was Target’s top marketing executive for 10 years before he left last fall to take the position with J.C. Penney. He was one of Johnson’s first picks to help him run the company, and was with him on stage in January when the two unveiled Penney’s new sales pitch.
“The sudden nature of the departure underscores, in our opinion, the big-time mistakes JC Penney has made in articulating [its] new image,” said Brian Sozzi, an analyst at NBG Productions.
Much has changed in a short amount of time. Last month, J.C. Penney dropped a tape bomb by reporting a quarterly loss, suspending its dividend to save cash and predicting it wouldn’t meet its previous annual earnings targets."

J.C. Penney Executive Departs After Eight Months on Job - MarketBeat - WSJ

Perhaps it has something to do with the idiots embracing a "gay agenda" when thier business is selling clothes and household goods. One should be politically neutral when selling goods, as political stances alienate a large body of customers.

Marketing disaster!

Old 06-19-2012, 07:12 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Perhaps it has something to do with the idiots embracing a "gay agenda" when thier business is selling clothes and household goods. One should be politically neutral when selling goods, as political stances alienate a large body of customers.

Marketing disaster!
It is politically neutral in showing depictions of ALL types of families. The fathers day ad had single fathers, mixed sex couples, a father in a wheelchair, fathers of different nationalities, and a same sex couple.
That is being neutral.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:16 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,667,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Marketing disaster!
I agree. I think the gay theme had something to do with it.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:24 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Sounds like they tried to be Wally World without WW's experience and efficiency. I hope the stock holders sue this clown for sheer idiocy and incompetance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies