Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 10:32 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,072,518 times

Advertisements

...is simply not true. Very few Obama supporters think that. If you oppose Obama because you disagree with his policies, or think that the health care mandate is unconstitutional, nobody is going to claim that you're racist.

It's only when people can't articulate or defend their reason for hating Obama, or hammer him harder than comparable Democrats, or use false and/or misleading claims to fuel their hatred, is when people might say that they are racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 10:38 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,196 times
It's not working for the loons either. Insulting people you hope to persuade is a loser's move but typical of the lefties here.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:41 AM

226 posts, read 213,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmsu01 View Post
...is simply not true. Very few Obama supporters think that. If you oppose Obama because you disagree with his policies, or think that the health care mandate is unconstitutional, nobody is going to claim that you're racist.

It's only when people can't articulate or defend their reason for hating Obama, or hammer him harder than comparable Democrats, or use false and/or misleading claims to fuel their hatred, is when people might say that they are racist.

Seems a lot of people were racist against Bush, then.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:41 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,116,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmsu01 View Post

What's your definition of "very few Obama supporters' think that?" I lurk on lots of liberal forums and I can tell you that the race card is one of the most played hands in the conversation. First you're labeled a troll for putting forth opposing viewpoints, and if that doesn't make you go away, then you're called a racist. It's all an attempt to stifle dissent by what seems to be a very anti-intellectual group of liberal voters. It's a very common tactic, even right here on this forum.

I have to disagree with you wholeheartedly on this.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:44 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,273,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirate05 View Post
I disagree.
We were very clear about his policies.
How about those thousands of dead military members, the 13,000 seriously injured and over 100,000 Iraqis dead because "he tried to kill my daddy".

Old 06-19-2012, 10:48 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,072,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I lurk on lots of liberal forums and I can tell you that the race card is one of the most played hands in the conversation. First you're labeled a troll for putting forth opposing viewpoints, and if that doesn't make you go away, then you're called a racist.
You know, if that happens to you all the time, maybe the problem is... you?

Old 06-19-2012, 10:50 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,116,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
You know, if that happens to you all the time, maybe the problem is... you?

Of course that would be your interpretation. What's next, calling me a "troll" for being a conservative? Or how about a racist because I believe Obama is incompetent? Surely you're capable of matching the intellect of those on the forums of which I speak. C'mon, spit it out. I know you want to.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirate05 View Post
In point of fact, when liberals were hating on Bush, at least they were hating on things he actually said and did. They didn't create this vast industry of fiction like right wingers have fielded for Obama.

"We didn't invent a bogeyman who tanked the economy, took us to war on false pretenses and tortured prisoners. That was the actual guy."

http://www.hbo.com/real-time-with-bi...new-rules.html

Old 06-19-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Of course that would be your interpretation.
I'm simply pointing out that the common denominator there was you.

Any thinking person should be able to understand the implications of that.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:58 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,202,988 times
There are countless posts on this forum that state outright, that most people who are opposed to Obama are opposed to him because he is half black. I, and I think most conservatives, were disappointed that Herman Cain was taken down. But the liberal PTB could not allow a black conservative to stay in the race for president. Would siphon too many votes from blacks away from Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies