Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 01:13 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The Tenth Amendment is not State law either.
Insert "Duh" here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch
Maybe you should have actually read the decision before commenting on something you clearly know nothing about.
You have made no actual objection to my comment. So it appears your indignation is misguided.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 01:14 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
It is not the UN that concerns me, it is what our Senate and President intend that has me concerned.
I get it- When the President wants to do something nasty to his own nation he will throw up his hands in fake dismay and say "There is nothing I can do about it- the UN says so"...He knows very well that he is just using the UN as a scapegoat...and he also knows that what happens on American soil is his call. It looks like the Senate are getting lazy and don't want to do real work so they lay back and point towards the UN- who are not elected- who have no real authority and who do not have the best interests of America in mind.

I have noticed this trend- American leaders are not supposed to be globalist. They are supposed to be representatives of the American people who pay their wage and who elected them to do a specific task- protect and serve America--So what is it with your government that they are willing to give up power to a foreign power? It just might be that all of the representatives are crazy? That's possible.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:17 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I have noticed this trend- American leaders are not supposed to be globalist.
Where exactly is that in the Constitution?

It seems to me that American leaders can pretty much be anything they want to be... and then we vote based on whether we like that or not.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:34 PM

People are quoting numbers and laws - complicated things that the UN has seeded about - like fancy talking lawyers who befuddle their clients and the public- The UN is a like an unruly lawyer...I remember one time my lawyer yelled at me and told me to sit down...I guess he was used to taking authority over those that are overly respectful of him for no good reason.

I looked at my lawyer and said...."You are fired now shut up and get out"- He said you can't do that- I said- I pay the bill..I instruct council...and I am your boss- now scram..The guy was shocked but that was the reality.

The UN live off of monies granted to them the same way we retain a lawyer...They are supposed to do the bidding of their clients not the other way around...If AMERICA or any other nation sends off a few million bucks in fees or dues to the UN- they had better do what they are told or we will fire their asses......People forget who is in control.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:42 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,544,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It surely can and we are very near it happening. Our Senate now has a 52 to 46, Democrat to Republican makeup with 2 supposedly independent who caucus with the Democrats. This group is very close to approving the Small Arms Treaty supplied by the UN and pushed very hard for years by Hillary Clinton. I don't know how hard Barack is pushing for it today but do know that he is among those who would like to see the Amendment repealed. I agree that we need to elect more Republicans to the Senate this fall because of this if for no other reason.

Why the GOP Must Take Control of the US Senate - Godfather Politics
No, they cannot.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:53 PM

226 posts, read 213,606 times
Not mine.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post

It seems to me that American leaders can pretty much be anything they want to be... and then we vote based on whether we like that or not.

No they can't- a President presides over a certain jurisdiction..which happens to be a nation- or a national family...He is like the chairman of the board...or a moderator...One common sense ground - he is kind of like a father...a good father - does not go running about willy nilly dealing with OTHER families and neglect his own. I am not AMERICAN but all I can say is that the constitution is not an international document or declaration by any means- it is drafted specifically to deal with matters pertaining to the nation...If a president begins to waver and drift off on globalist adventures .................he had better be prepared to find the door locked when he gets home- LOYALTY- to the national family...................end of story- forget the UN. and fire anyone that gives it authority over a sovereign nation.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:44 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
No they can't- a President presides over a certain jurisdiction..which happens to be a nation- or a national family...He is like the chairman of the board...or a moderator...One common sense ground - he is kind of like a father...a good father - does not go running about willy nilly dealing with OTHER families and neglect his own. I am not AMERICAN but all I can say is that the constitution is not an international document or declaration by any means- it is drafted specifically to deal with matters pertaining to the nation...If a president begins to waver and drift off on globalist adventures .................he had better be prepared to find the door locked when he gets home- LOYALTY- to the national family...................end of story- forget the UN. and fire anyone that gives it authority over a sovereign nation.
The President can submit any treaty or UN Covenant to the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations for their consent. If the Senate Committee gives their approval, they can submit the treaty for a floor vote in the Senate. Treaties require two-thirds approval before the full Senate can give their consent. Assuming the treaty passes the Senate with a two-thirds majority, the President can then ratify the treaty.

Once the treaty has been ratified by the President, it has the same weight under the law as the US Constitution itself. In other words, like the US Constitution, the treaty becomes part of "the Supreme Law of the Land."

The Senate Foreign Relations Committee is suppose to ensure that no treaty or UN Covenant violates the US Constitution. If it does, they are required to reject the treaty and it never goes before the full Senate for a vote. In other words, the Senate is not suppose to give their consent if a proposed treaty or UN Covenant violates any part of the US Constitution.

As we have seen, nobody in Congress gives a damn about their oath of office, which means they could very well ignore their oath and give their consent, assuming they can get a two-thirds majority. The Senate would require a minimum of 13 Republicans to vote with all the Democrats and the two supposed Independents. That simply is not going to happen. There are a lot of Democrats that are also pro-Second Amendment and would never give their consent on such a UN Covenant.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:18 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
According to Article V:

An amendment can be PROPOSED by 2/3 of the membership of both houses of congress;

or, 2/3 of the state legislatures can request Congress to call a convention to, again, PROPOSE an amendment.

Then 3/4 of all state legislatures must RATIFY the amendment for it to be admitted into the constitution.

It is very unlikely that the UN has their hand in the pocket of 2/3 of one house, let alone two houses; and impossible with 3/4 of the state legislatures.

No matter how badly some want this conspiracy theory to be true, it is impossible
Nice try but since Hillary and Barack want this approved so badly it appears to me that you fail to see why they want it. Hmmmm.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:21 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post

Do you plan to vote for Obama again? It sounds like you may.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies