Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 09:57 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times

Advertisements

To Whom It May Concern:

Being tolerant and holding tolerance as virtuous does not include being tolerant of racism, hate, homophobia and bigotry. You are not being discriminated against because people refuse to mainstream your monomaniacal, extremist, and misogynistic speech or thought.

Yes, it is a free country and you are free to spew your hate. However, the intolerance of your hate is not discrimination-- It is laudable. There is a difference between freedom of speech and freedom from social consequence.

Have a great evening!

Old 06-19-2012, 09:58 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times

Old 06-19-2012, 10:00 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Your underlying assumption that liberals are tolerant might be the funniest thing i've read all day!

Old 06-19-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Your underlying assumption that liberals are tolerant might be the funniest thing i've read all day!
I'm sorry-- Where did I write about liberals? Some people are tolerant, some people aren't. I've met very intolerant liberals and very tolerant conservatives.

Racism isn't an "alternative view" that should be accepted with tolerance. It should be reviled. You're the one who seems to make political associations here.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:19 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
To Whom It May Concern:

Being tolerant and holding tolerance as virtuous does not include being tolerant of racism, hate, homophobia and bigotry. You are not being discriminated against because people refuse to mainstream your monomaniacal, extremist, and misogynistic speech or thought.

Yes, it is a free country and you are free to spew your hate. However, the intolerance of your hate is not discrimination-- It is laudable. There is a difference between freedom of speech and freedom from social consequence.

Have a great evening!
Oh, I see....you're only "tolerant" of those that think as you do.

You might want to pick up a dictionary sometime.

BTW....what's with the term "homophobia"? A phobia is an irrational fear of something. Few fear homosexuality, they simply choose not to embrace it.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:22 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I'm sorry-- Where did I write about liberals? Some people are tolerant, some people aren't. I've met very intolerant liberals and very tolerant conservatives.

Racism isn't an "alternative view" that should be accepted with tolerance. It should be reviled. You're the one who seems to make political associations here.
Oh, lets not kid ourselves. You hate conservatives and conservatism. You fully intended this post to be a dig at social conseravatives who you believe stand in your path to "equality." You're not fooling anyone.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:25 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
Quote:

Rep'ed ya for this one, too~

This, and the fact that "tolerance" NEVER includes "acceptance." It's JUST TOLERANCE....and we GOP, though we find the left's many immoral agendas repugnant, do TOLERATE them.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:27 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
Nowhere did the OP mention liberal or conservative. And I agree with your post!

Old 06-19-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Oh, I see....you're only "tolerant" of those that think as you do.

You might want to pick up a dictionary sometime.

BTW....what's with the term "homophobia"? A phobia is an irrational fear of something. Few fear homosexuality, they simply choose not to embrace it.
Reading comprehension is your friend. Where did I say anything that would indicate I am only tolerant of those who think like me? You might want to attend a community college class on reading.

You can vote Republican or Democrat...
You can be any race, any religion...
You can have 16 kids or none...
You can have a disability or not...
You can be pro-choice or pro-life...
You can be single or married..
Old or young...
You can love Journey or hate Beiber...
You can be conservative or liberal...

It's all good. You may think any damn thing you want.. However, when you act or espouse that others are less than yourself due to race, gender creed or sexuality, you are rejecting the ideal of tolerance. No tolerant person has to tolerate what is essentially and definitionally the opposite of tolerance.

Don't be silly. Racisim isn't a "different" way of thinking. Bigotry towards gays isn't a political disagreement. It's bigotry. It's racisim. And it deserves no tolerance.

It seems some simply want the "freedom" to be racist without social condemnation. Sorry. Perhaps you should wake up and smell the decade.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:38 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,590 times
Quote:
Your underlying assumption that only liberals reject racism or homophobia is quite telling, and wrong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies