Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 05:57 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,510,017 times

Advertisements

Obamanomics at work. He must be proud of himself!
Anybody But Obama 2012.
This is the Obama Economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 08:03 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
This should be of everyone's concern, without a job, and money, one cannot survive, at least those who beleive in the idea of working.
One can survive quite easily, but only if adjustments to life-style are made.

Like I said way back in 2007, you all might have to rethink the way you do things and deflate your balloon-head filled with arrogant pride. About 25% of the households will have to share living accommodations with other families, if they want to continue to have luxuries like internet access, cell-phones, cable/satellite, the ability to own and operate more than one vehicle, Tommy-gear, Nike, Adidas etc.

It's not so bad. People might actually learn something cooperating with others.

Not concerned....

Mircea

Old 06-20-2012, 08:06 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,484 times
Wow! Who saw that coming Barry O? And we'll keep you for another 4 years, right!

Old 06-20-2012, 08:07 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This goes way beyond Obama.
It sure does.

Leftie congressmen, senators and governors have screwed the pooch for decades!

Now it has turned and bit them in the ass!

Old 06-20-2012, 08:39 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
It would be difficult to think unemployment rates aren't going to go up with all those new work visas they're quickly printing out to hand to at least 800,000 foreigners -- but I think most people expect it's going to be a whole lot more than 800,000.

Did FDR create a giant new foreign work visa during the Great Depression? All those who try to compare Obama with FDR should check into that.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:55 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It sure does.

Leftie congressmen, senators and governors have screwed the pooch for decades!

Now it has turned and bit them in the ass!
You are a part of the reason nothing will change any time soon.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:56 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,191,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I guess we will have to hope the change to green jobs works this year unlike the previous three. Just more numbers revised downward. Same show different day.

"In April, the Fed saw 2012 GDP between 2.4-2.9% and unemployment of 7.8%-8/0%. The just released updated forecasts table has these two critical for the election campaign data points at 1.9%-2.4%, or a major drop since April, for GDP and unemployment declining to 8.0%-8.2%. One thing is certain: whatever GDP and unemployment are at the end of 2012, they will not be whatever the perpetially inaccurate Fed forecasts."

Fed Releases New Economic Forecast, Sees Deteriorating Economy, Up To 8.2% Unemployment At Year End | ZeroHedge
Do you have any proof that anyone is proposing green jobs as the one panacea to fix the economy or is that just another one of the horrible ideas you pulled out of your own backside?

Thanks for posting the data. Do you have any intelligent commentary to go along with it?

Old 06-20-2012, 09:16 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Think that is bad we head to the cliff in january if no other agreement.I don't think any body is folled that Obama and democrats have been aginst oil and gas drillig and wasted money pormotig gree nergy.They justok anther loan from enegry department to anther solar company and oked E85 that toyota ;Frod and others warned may damage engines.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:03 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
One can survive quite easily, but only if adjustments to life-style are made.

Like I said way back in 2007, you all might have to rethink the way you do things and deflate your balloon-head filled with arrogant pride. About 25% of the households will have to share living accommodations with other families, if they want to continue to have luxuries like internet access, cell-phones, cable/satellite, the ability to own and operate more than one vehicle, Tommy-gear, Nike, Adidas etc.

It's not so bad. People might actually learn something cooperating with others.

Not concerned....

Mircea
This has been happening, i have known families now for two years, moving in with each other. I know grown children, moving back home. Yes people might have to rethink a lot of things, but still without a job, how does on do this. You can cut back on a lot of things of non importance, but there is still the basics to live, and things are not cheap.

I sincerely know college grads having a very hard time of it right now, and it is depressing.

And without a job, where is one suppose to live, not everyone has wonderful families, not everyone ask family for help, so what are they suppose to do. And i hardly think the necessities, are deflating any bodys head.

Don't talk to me i am not affected by this, but people i love and some good friends around the Country, are and have had a hard time of it. For a while we traveled for our business, if you do not think people are hurting out there, get out there, and see for youself. Some people unlike what you think, are happy with very little, and are still having a hard time of it. These are hard times and everything is costing more these days.

I know people barely surving right now, just trying to buy the necessities, unlike what you may think, adjustments can be made all they want, without money, that point is moot. Food prices are up, gas prices are up, buying everyday necessities are costing more, clothes are up.
Adjustments will not help, in any way, if you have no money for those admustments.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:17 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Do you have any proof that anyone is proposing green jobs as the one panacea to fix the economy or is that just another one of the horrible ideas you pulled out of your own backside?

Thanks for posting the data. Do you have any intelligent commentary to go along with it?
Here ya go. You can start at the first link you see on this google search of "Obama proposes green jobs". Not too hard to do.

Google
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies