Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 10:28 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,810 times

Advertisements

"They were just going after the man like he was a piece of steak," Stanley Lee, who swung a baseball bat at the dogs in hopes to free the jogger, told MyFoxChicago.com. He went on to say the dogs went for the jogger's throat, face and arms, and called the attack was the worst thing he's ever seen.

Read more: Chicago Jogger Critically Injured By Pit Bulls | Fox News

Geeez. I'm not a big fan of regulations; but I think these dogs need to be registered like guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 12:51 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
pit bulls are not bad dogs, unless they have bad owners. there are many examples of pit bulls that are super nice dogs around both humans and animals.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:53 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
pit bulls are not bad dogs, unless they have bad owners. there are many examples of pit bulls that are super nice dogs around both humans and animals.
The problem is the owners.

Unfortunately pit-bulls tend to attract many thugs who view them more as weapons and less as pets.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:54 AM

323 posts, read 321,672 times
No the the owners need to registered like guns!!!!

Old 01-03-2012, 01:29 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,339,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The problem is the owners.

Unfortunately pit-bulls tend to attract many thugs who view them more as weapons and less as pets.
I'll agree with this when I start seeing more news stories about Dachshund attacks. Until then, it seems pretty clear to me that pit bulls are violent and potentially dangerous animals, and it's time that the government started restricting who can own these dogs, and in what setting.

Every breed of dog has "bad owners", but every breed of dog isn't as likely to dart after a small child and sink its teeth into their skull.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:39 AM

323 posts, read 321,672 times
I agree with the last post, but I go to the dog park everyday and if there a dog out of control or fighting. Then the owner should be noted right away! Plus they should leave the park ASAP! As last resort shot the damn the damn dog trying to kill yours! Which is Deadly Force.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:09 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
As someone who jogs outside myself, this article gave me the chills. I just can't believed it happened right in Chicago. I hope this guy ends up okay.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:19 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,448,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organicgreen View Post
No the the owners need to registered like guns!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In a city near where I live, it is required by law to either have $100K liability insurance, or a bond, to own a dog deemed a 'pit bull'. (Not sure how they come up with that classification).

Old 01-03-2012, 05:29 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,205,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I'll agree with this when I start seeing more news stories about Dachshund attacks. Until then, it seems pretty clear to me that pit bulls are violent and potentially dangerous animals, and it's time that the government started restricting who can own these dogs, and in what setting.

Every breed of dog has "bad owners", but every breed of dog isn't as likely to dart after a small child and sink its teeth into their skull.
I am sorry, but I am calling BS. Pit Bulls are the single most abused dog in America, and this only started in the last few decades. Hell, 30 years ago they were the model family pet. Movies used to show Pit Bulls lying around the house the way we think about yellow labs today. A pit bull by nature is not 'likely to dart after a small child'. Ignorance like this is why we still have problems. People spout off ignorant crap like you, and then some scumbag hears about it and thinks it would be bada** to have a killer chained in their yard. They get a pit bull, abuse the dog and as a result it becomes aggressive. It is a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:57 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Stories like this don't surprise me any longer. Pit bulls are dangerous dogs and have been banned by law in Miami-Dade county since 1989 when a pitbull jumped over neighbor's fence and mauled a toddler playing in his own yard.
Most of the child's skull cap had been chewed off and left flapping but luckily he did survive. The child's parents had too shoot the pitbull because it would not let go of the kid.
As of now if Animal protection services finds a pitbull on your property they will seize the dog and have it euthanized. The owner of the dog also faces a $500 fine & up to 6 months in jail for posessing a pit bull.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies