Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2012, 11:03 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times

Advertisements

At a minimum the kids should lose their bus priviledges....as well as getting an azz whoopin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 11:04 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Apparently you don't know how to read.

The rabble is targeting a kid who wasn't even on the bus with death threats(and threatening his parents), because a good chunk of the American public in general is just as dumb as the kid bullies on the bus. And if you think that's fair, you're as stupid and cruel as those little bastards.
Personal attacks are unnecessary.

What I read was one ofthe attached articles and the comments of the superintendent. I didn't quote any post either.

You should really not assume. I'm sure you know what that does.

Old 06-22-2012, 11:16 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Maybe something good will come out of this if all the GOOD people stick together and decide that behavior such as this will not be tolerated. We must DEMAND that something is done, not just in this instance, but everywhere.

Yes, things like this have always occurred but not to the extent that they do today. I was a teacher and I come from a teaching family and we saw things get worse and worse until a teacher had just about NO authority at all. If the teacher does anything, the teacher gets FIRED. If the bus monitor had done anything, she would have been FIRED. If anyone thinks they would get any help, they are wrong, They would get FIRED.

If a teacher reports something to the principal the principal won't do anything, neither will the superintendent. They're all afraid of getting sued by the PARENTS. The PARENTS don't think their little Precious should be scolded--and "discipline" is now a bad word.

Something's got to happen. It's way out of hand. Those kids shouldn't ever be allowed back on a school bus, of course but there should also be a punishment such as being sent off to boot camp or reform school. IF the parents can't figure out how to do the job, them somebody has to because we, as a society should not have to be victimized by these hoodlums who are out of control.

BTW I am one of those "liberals"--labels don't matter, it's a matter of right and wrong and that our young people are being raised with no sense of self control or decency.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:47 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,325 times
Why is this even news? I remember riding the school bus and this was pretty much a day in the life. I think it's pathetic that there are enough idiots with their heads in the sand to think this is a new or unusual thing, I think old people have no idea what school was/is like for anyone under 40 even though many of them have kids that age. It's their crappy parenting that caused this in the first place ironically.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:22 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Take away school privileges completely. They don't deserve to be educated.
Education isn't a privilege, nor is it a right; it's a civic duty. Individuals have a duty to become educated, functional citizens, who are not just individuals, but people who can make contributions to their communities. If anyone needs and demands educating, it is this clearly uneducated, overly-individualized, narcissistic adolescents. I would also add that their parents need to be held to account. They need to apologize to this woman publicly and in person -- absolutely no questions or excuses. If they're not man enough to admit that they haven't raised their children properly, then it's time to remove them from their homes. Contrary to popular opinion, parenthood isn't a right, either; it's a duty - the most important duty a person can have. And they'd better get it right, or I am all in favor of finding someone or a group of people who can in their place. That may sound extreme, but extremely bad parenting requires extreme solutions.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Why is this even news? I remember riding the school bus and this was pretty much a day in the life. I think it's pathetic that there are enough idiots with their heads in the sand to think this is a new or unusual thing, I think old people have no idea what school was/is like for anyone under 40 even though many of them have kids that age. It's their crappy parenting that caused this in the first place ironically.
Agreed, I don't think this is a new phenomenon, but I do think that it is something that has spread and become worse over time. Maybe I'm romanticizing the past.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:41 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Agreed, I don't think this is a new phenomenon, but I do think that it is something that has spread and become worse over time. Maybe I'm romanticizing the past.
No, of course it's not new but there is a whole lot more of it.

Old 06-22-2012, 04:49 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
What spirit motivated them?
None.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:16 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
I wonder if this victim of bullying will receive the half million dollars that has been raised? They say it is going "for the vacation of a lifetime", which surely won't cost over $500,000.00, so will she received the unspent donations?

I sure hope so. At the very least this puts bullying back in the spotlight and reminds us of how cruel we can be to others.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I wonder if this victim of bullying will receive the half million dollars that has been raised? They say it is going "for the vacation of a lifetime", which surely won't cost over $500,000.00, so will she received the unspent donations?

I sure hope so. At the very least this puts bullying back in the spotlight and reminds us of how cruel we can be to others.
As far as I'm concerned, she can pocket the money. Let her enjoy the last years of her life, however and wherever she wants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies