Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2012, 12:05 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Libertarian economic theory is considered a cultist joke all over the World except for here.

Government spending is the best remedy for a stalled economy, because the government spends 100% of their money back into the economy, unlike the rich elites who the GOP serves, who just sit on their money.
That gvt spending goes right back as income to working families.
The government takes the money OUT of the private sector in the first place! Then they redistribute it to failing businesses like the "Solyindras" which thow it away, and I read that millions of dollars in equipment were just trashed. What did that do for the economy? Nothing!

Every dollar that the government takes out of the private sector is a dollar not available to invest in plant expansion (which translates to jobs), or for new business start ups, which often depend on people with risk capital to invest to get their operations going.

Your economics (Keynesian) do not work. Never have.

Business are not hiring because they do not know what's coming down the pike next from this administration. They are likely going to continue to sit tight till Obama is gone. Obamacare scares the pants off of everybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 12:05 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,760 times
We are saying it. It's just that you don't want to hear it.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:06 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The government takes the money OUT of the private sector in the first place! Then they redistribute it to failing businesses like the "Solyindras" which thow it away, and I read that millions of dollars in equipment were just trashed. What did that do for the economy? Nothing!

Every dollar that the government takes out of the private sector is a dollar not available to invest in plant expansion (which translates to jobs), or for new business start ups, which often depend on people with risk capital to invest to get their operations going.

Your economics (Keynesian) do not work. Never have.

Business are not hiring because they do not know what's coming down the pike next from this administration. They are likely going to continue to sit tight till Obama is gone. Obamacare scares the pants off of everybody.
Are you better or worse off, which of course was the OP.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:06 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
The net worth decline resulted largely or entirely from falling home values.

However, excluding home equity, median household net worth actually increased to $15,000 from $13,859 between 2009 and 2010.

Median Household Net Worth Down 35 Percent - ABC News
Non;sense. Any wealth tool depenent on the marlket for gains had huge looses in the crash of the markets from individual retirement to pensions to other investment never to be recovered. You might have madeup some or all but you never will see that welth back.Then of course their is the contimuing loses people are sufferig for 4 year o any type of savings,Now of course we have people just trying to maintain the values or loss small amount while seeking safety.The only gains for normal people are tax breaks such as payroll ; make work and unemployemnt.But they also have other long run losses and effects because they involve borrowing more by government.Eventaully all the liquidity put into the economy has to be paid for with interest also.The only think is that mnay have not yet realised the loss ebcause of this liquidity on borrowed money.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:07 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
If you check the link, there is a chart that shows ALL of the months over the past 3 years.

It's this simple, no jobs, increased cost of living = worse off.

It's not rocket science.
The problem is you're even thinking about rocket science, instead of investing your time on why we even had to recover, and the extent of recovery that would be necessary. Outside of another major bubble, I say, forget about it. But then, you just might be into riding high on economic bubble and ensuing disasters. Those make for great times, while they last, don't they?

BTW, are you also denying that we were losing a massive number of jobs three years ago? Yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
We are saying it. It's just that you don't want to hear it.
Nobody wants to hear and deal with crap. Even less so when this crap is being advertised as the prescription for prosperity.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:11 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Better off, but I am a rarity compared to many. However, prices keep going up, which pushes my standard of living lower. I've got pretty far to go before I'd say I'm hurting though.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:13 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
If you believe the Romney hype, we are all worse off than before. Of course, Romney seems to be doing well financially. Did not seem to hurt him much.

I myself am doing better financially. SO who is doing worse, and if so how is that Obama's fault?
Is that how you measure the health of this country? By your own wallet? Really? Wow! Talk about elitism by the far left!

There is an exodus of wealth from this country as the wealthy flee Obama's threatened tax and business policies.

We have an administration which bypasses Congress and picks and chooses what part of the rule of law it will adhere to and which parts it is most politically expedient to ignore.

The credit rating of the USA has been downgraded on Obama's watch.

Obama has added more than $5.5 Trillion to the national debt.

The size of the government payroll has grown by over 1/3rd since Obama took office.

Foreign relations with our allies has never been worse due to the Obama administration's leaking of national security military secrets.

The value of the US dollar has fallen on Obama's watch.

Obama has the US troops engaged fighting in more countries than did Pres. Bush and has not once sought Congressional approval for war but rather appears to be beholding to the UN and NATO.

Race relations were far better in this country prior to Obama's and the Demcrats divisive rhetoric and methods. Instead of taking the opportunity to be a great uniter like Dr. King Obama has instead been a great divider.

Hundreds of people have died as a result of the Obama-Holder DOJ illegally traffiking guns and grenades across this country's Southern border placing them in the hands of known felons and members of Mexican Drug Cartels without any intention or method for tracking them.

The Obama EPA is on track to destroy the coal industry and raise electrical energy rates exponentially.

There is so much more........

Old 06-22-2012, 12:15 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Is that how you measure the health of this country? By your own wallet? Really? Wow! Talk about elitism by the far left!
Um, I'd say thats how 90% of the people evaluate the country and our government. Remember, Reagan asked "Are YOU better off then you were 4 years ago?"

Voting is individualistic, as it should be, whats best for you.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:19 PM

78,408 posts, read 60,579,949 times
I'm a little worse off.

I have to pay more of my benefits and raises haven't kept up with inflation.

However, I'm not complaining in that I have not been laid off etc etc etc like many so I consider myself fortunate.

Old 06-22-2012, 12:35 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
Im better off. Bought a house, got married, my wife gave birth to our wonderful son, got several raises and a promotion, my side business is taking off, and I just got my bathroom remodeled. All since 2009. I really can't complain about anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies