Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 03:16 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
And you are completely deluded.
Beyond deluded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 04:25 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
It's what she implied in the Zimmerman/Martin thread. She doesn't need to say it. And the fact that she replied without any clarification indicates it's exactly what she was referencing.
I didn't realize I needed to clarify myself to you...forgive me for not recognizing your superiority on an online forum. I wasn't directly referencing Zimmerman/Martin in my reply, which is why I didn't mention them. I have long since stopped following the other thread but if you claim I implied it then ok.. kudos to you for keeping up with my postings.

However, the Zimmerman/Martin case did bring the SYG law to the forefront for people who had never even heard of it before and therefore my comments regarding SYG, which I thought was the topic of the thread, are the same.

I don't have an issue with the SYG law.
I don't have an issue with someone protecting themselves.
I don't think the SYG law should apply if you instigate the conflict.
I don't think losing a fight that you started is grounds for SYG.

Old 06-23-2012, 04:59 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
George Zimmerman is a hero. He was forced to shoot a hoodlum who elected to confront him as some street gangster. Mr. Martin was the instrument of his own demise.

We desperately need good people like George Z who make every effort to protect their family and neighbors. Otherwise we might as well allow the druggies and thugs to enter our homes, rape our daughters, steal our possessions, and murder us in the process.

I only reason George Z was arrested was out of the fear that blacks would once again riot as they did in the Rodney King case killing innocent people, burning businesses, and most of all using this as an excuse to loot.

The real travesty here is that an innocent man, Mr. Zimmerman, is in jail in the hope to keep a disorderly group of thugs from trashing their cities.
Sniff, Sniff. Hey! I smell an agenda here. Did somebody cut an agenda here? Like somebody cut the cheese in a forty story elevator. I smell thugs, druggies, murderers, blacks, rapists, thieves, blacks, riots, killings, and most of all, white heros.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:13 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Sniff, Sniff. Hey! I smell an agenda here. Did somebody cut an agenda here? Like somebody cut the cheese in a forty story elevator. I smell thugs, druggies, murderers, blacks, rapists, thieves, blacks, riots, killings, and most of all, white heros.
Definitely an agenda, but you forgot NRA and second amendment rights. The poster that you quoted said the same thing in another thread and posted this here again, despite being given the correct information. Maybe the poster is a bot.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:26 PM

17,796 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Didn't you make this EXACT SAME post in another thread, as in word-for-word exact same? And wasn't your mistaken belief that Martin was 6'3" tall corrected for you when you made this exact same post in the Trayvon Martin thread......as well as all your other mistaken "beliefs" contained in this exact same post?
Yes, I specifically remember the "middle aged Zimmerman". Made me feel kinda old.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:41 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
I am with my family on vacation in Massachusetts now, typping this on a laptop computer in a motel. Brought them to Lexington, MA yesterday, and stopped at the Battle Green, where colonists fired shots at the British troops who had come to their town to take away their guns.

Found this stone on the Green, about 75 yards from the bigger memorial. It contains the orders given by the American captain of the farmers who showed up to try to resist the then-finest, most powerful army in the world.

When I can get the photo I took myself of the stone, I'll post it here. But this is exactly what was there.

"Stand your ground" is about as American as it gets.
Trayvon was a 17 year old boy walking home, not the finest, most powerful army in the world invading another country. SYG means killing the children of America for just being there?

Old 06-23-2012, 06:51 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtoiletsmkgdflrpots View Post
lol, I was going to comment but decided not to.

Gotta watch those bare arms.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:51 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
The issue isn't whether or not it is American or un-American.

The issue is an adult shot a child to death.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:53 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,343 times
Who will stand with me and proudly call ourselves "ANTI-ZIMMERMANS" as the op's title suggests. Our doctrine is to seek out all people named Zimmerman, wherever they hide.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:30 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
According to his girlfriend she encouraged him to run. As a trained athlete Mr. Martin could have easily outdistance a middle-aged Zimmerman. Instead Mr. Martin decided to confront Mr. Zimmerman...
One might almost say that he was standing his ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies