Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 12:22 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,380,397 times

Advertisements

Wow, nope from Stewart, this is not something i would have beleived could come out of his mouth.

Guess he too sees the hypocrisy of this dang mobstyle administration.

Good hope even more come to their senses, and bail ship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 01:14 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,885,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siameesecities View Post
So he gets praise when he points out things you also have a problem with.

But the other three episodes of the week, when he plays clips of Fox being disingenuous hypocrites-- then Stewart is just some daffy comedian that doesn't deserve your attention... right?
Speaking for me alone, I enjoy when he shows how disingenuous Fox is but I also acknowledge that Stewart is an equal opportunity critic.

Although, on this particular issue he did leave out a lot. As an example, nothing was said that this program was started in 2006 and not a single Bush Admin figure was called to testify by the Committee, which to me means this outrage is just the Republican House trying to stick it to the Obama Administration and not a fact-finding mission.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:20 PM

33,510 posts, read 18,006,291 times
The President Bush version was scrapped and they did follow the guns. They labeled it a flop..

Obama administration created fast and furious and did not track the guns.. a book written about Fast and Furious states the Obama administration was trying to make the gun shops look bad and was set up to make the NRA take the heat.

http://www.huntingtonnews.net/29022

Old 06-23-2012, 01:23 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,369,581 times
Man, I miss George Carlin

Old 06-23-2012, 01:23 PM

190 posts, read 300,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Wow, nope from Stewart, this is not something i would have beleived could come out of his mouth.

Guess he too sees the hypocrisy of this dang mobstyle administration.

Good hope even more come to their senses, and bail ship.
Stewart has been making fun of Obama and democrats in the past. I am a Republican but watch Stewart cause he is smart and not as hypocritical as both Fox and MSNBC.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:31 PM

20,867 posts, read 23,420,856 times
Unlike republicans and their pundits who would never point out a flaw in a republican, Stewart has no problem pointing out one in a both parties.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:37 PM

45,022 posts, read 26,176,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Unlike republicans and their pundits who would never point out a flaw in a republican, Stewart has no problem pointing out one in a both parties.
Ron Paul (R)was eviscerated by both left/right wing establishment cabals and probably more so by the right.

We now return to your regularly scheduled lies...

Old 06-23-2012, 03:14 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,885,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The President Bush version was scrapped and they did follow the guns. They labeled it a flop..

Obama administration created fast and furious and did not track the guns.. a book written about Fast and Furious states the Obama administration was trying to make the gun shops look bad and was set up to make the NRA take the heat.

BOOK REVIEW: 'Fast and Furious': Obama, Holder Can Run But They Can't Hide This Bone-Headed Operation -- Or Can They? | Huntington News
Fox News politicizing Fast and Furious for all it's worth - New York Political Buzz | Examiner.com
Quote:
the gun running began under the Bush administration in 2006 when it was called Operation Wide Receiver. It was a similar program carried out by ATF's Tucson, Ariz., office and resulted in hundreds of guns being transferred to suspected arms traffickers. [MOD CUT/copyright]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-24-2012 at 01:46 PM..

Old 06-23-2012, 03:28 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,530,023 times
Glock and Spiel. LOL!!!

John love to hate ya.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:31 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,174,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Speaking for me alone, I enjoy when he shows how disingenuous Fox is but I also acknowledge that Stewart is an equal opportunity critic.

Although, on this particular issue he did leave out a lot. As an example, nothing was said that this program was started in 2006 and not a single Bush Admin figure was called to testify by the Committee, which to me means this outrage is just the Republican House trying to stick it to the Obama Administration and not a fact-finding mission.
Because it was not. Bush's program in 2006 was ended in 2007 when 12 guns went missing.
The current program started in 2009..2 years after Bush's program ended.

Holder initially said the Bush administration knew of the new program and retracted that statement the same day he got EP.
That was in the news..hours after the EP item. That's why Issa was going to investigate the Bush operation..because Holder said so and then Holder retracted his statement.

Even Carney was careful with his words..he did not say the operation started under Bush, he said "the tactic" and said OK to the reporter when the reporter said "but the operation started in 2009".

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...-qs-for-os-wh/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies