Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 09:22 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Did Fast and Furious fail and did we hear about it?
You only know about it because they refused to provide the documents to Congress..

Are you really that nieve to think that we hear about all of the military actions which take place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 09:37 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You only know about it because they refused to provide the documents to Congress..

Are you really that nieve to think that we hear about all of the military actions which take place?

Old 06-24-2012, 09:38 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
It wasnt a difficult question..

Old 06-24-2012, 10:02 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,889 times
Quote:
Why would you want American tax payers to pay for the indefinite imprisonment of Osama?

BTW, if the Osama mission failed, Obama would have been blamed in the same way Carter was blamed for the failed attempt at rescuing the hostages from Iran. Therefore, Obama gets the credit for getting Osama. I know this fact bothers you and other right-wingers to no end. It takes a democrat to get things done and clean up the messes left by Republicans.

Obama truly is the Saviour, isn't he?

He runs guns to Mexico that are being used to kill American citizens as well as Mexican Nationals. I'm sure Mexican officials will be waiting for the results of the Fast and Furious debacle along with the rest of us.

He leaks intel regarding the capture of Bin Laden and a man is imprisoned for over thirty years. I'm sure people will be lining up to give us intel in the future. But hey, isn't there going to be a movie released soon just to show us all how it went down?

He botches Obamacare so badly that everyone's premiums have skyrocketed. Sure, no one can be denied insurance due to pre existing conditions, however I just read a post where a guy posted that due to is cancer his premiums would be $3000 a month. And due to the penalty he will pay for not having insurance he can no longer afford his yearly screenings.

Unemployment is still above 8%, the number we weren't supposed to reach if Obama was allowed to do his shovel ready infrastructure stimulus. I think it was the unions that the dems cleaned up there.

Electricity, gas, food, everything that isn't shown in the COLA has skyrocketed. Half the country is on food stamps while the other half is trying to pay for them and stay afloat.

He has allowed 800,000 more people to compete in the job market for jobs that just aren't there.

I could go on but it's too depressing. Bush was a spender and I won't defend him in that department. But along comes Obama who spends as much in one term as Bush does in two and we are worse off than before he took office.

You are right though, the dems sure cleaned up!

Old 06-24-2012, 10:09 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Obama truly is the Saviour, isn't he?

He runs guns to Mexico that are being used to kill American citizens as well as Mexican Nationals. I'm sure Mexican officials will be waiting for the results of the Fast and Furious debacle along with the rest of us.

He leaks intel regarding the capture of Bin Laden and a man is imprisoned for over thirty years. I'm sure people will be lining up to give us intel in the future. But hey, isn't there going to be a movie released soon just to show us all how it went down?

He botches Obamacare so badly that everyone's premiums have skyrocketed. Sure, no one can be denied insurance due to pre existing conditions, however I just read a post where a guy posted that due to is cancer his premiums would be $3000 a month. And due to the penalty he will pay for not having insurance he can no longer afford his yearly screenings.

Unemployment is still above 8%, the number we weren't supposed to reach if Obama was allowed to do his shovel ready infrastructure stimulus. I think it was the unions that the dems cleaned up there.

Electricity, gas, food, everything that isn't shown in the COLA has skyrocketed. Half the country is on food stamps while the other half is trying to pay for them and stay afloat.

He has allowed 800,000 more people to compete in the job market for jobs that just aren't there.

I could go on but it's too depressing. Bush was a spender and I won't defend him in that department. But along comes Obama who spends as much in one term as Bush does in two and we are worse off than before he took office.

You are right though, the dems sure cleaned up!
A little off topic, which is Bush's ignoring of intelligence which may have prevented 9/11.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
A little off topic, which is Bush's ignoring of intelligence which may have prevented 9/11.

It was addressing your comment about Dems cleaning up.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
From your own link it says Robert Meuller stated that the evidence was not sufficient to have warded off the attack.

The Office of Intellegence was established within the FBI due to this so that information was more readily shared.

And believe it or not, Robert Meuller is STILL the Director of the FBI.

Your own links are killing you here. Maybe you should read them before posting them.

I'll bring this post back up since you seem to have missed it.

I guess Obama must have had faith in Mueller since he kept him on.

Mueller states there wasn't enough evidence to act on.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:00 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
and just what should bush have done?

without specific intelligence as to where the attacks will occur, there really is nothing that can be done to stop them.

Umm isn't that a simple answer/take the threat serious, notify the airlines. place them on alert, watch for possible people, search fort he wanter people, and stop the action against us.

Bush was informed that the attacks would be from planes.... why do you think they placed the surface to air missiles on his location in Florida? No one asked why he wasn't in DC.....

This was a preventable attack, unfortunately prevention didn't fit into the Cheney / Rumsfeld plans.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:41 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,078 times
Quote:
While intelligence is pouring in about Osama's imminent attack on the US, Bush remains on vacation for the entire month of August making a presidential record for the longest vacation.

man,
thanks for posting this, Im sure not voting for that guy this november....

Old 06-25-2012, 07:49 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times
I think it is very convenient to ignore the warnings and then sign the Patrioct Act a month later.

I can't help but read into it.

Do people really think they never saw it coming?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies