Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 09:07 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times

Advertisements

No. I keep politics out of the workplace, and I work with way too many liberals who park in the same garage as me and know my car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 09:09 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I just ordered my bumper sticker for Romney. I was wondering if anyone else is putting a bumper sticker on their car or vehicle for support of your choice for President.
I saw a study the other day and I am trying to find it, but basically it said that people who have bumper stickers are 50% more likely to be opinionated Aholes.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:13 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I saw a study the other day and I am trying to find it, but basically it said that people who have bumper stickers are 50% more likely to be opinionated Aholes.
Back in the early 70s I caused a number of people all over the mid-west to go into paroxysms of laughter with my bumper sticker. My personalized tag read BALDY and right next to it the bumper sticker read Bald is Beautiful. When people saw my head some of them nearly came out of their cars.

I have never used a sticker for a political reason, though. In fact, I threw one from Romney away just yesterday.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:16 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Never. No politician , no political party will ever be worthy of my loyalty.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:22 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'm in WI, we have wacked out libs here, I'd get my car keyed if I slapped a Romney sticker on my bumper.
Same with the Seattle area. The oh so tolerant liberals here will vandalize a car with any conservative bumper sticker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
That explains 1/2 of the morons around here with Obama, Kerry and Gore stickers still on their cars.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:24 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Same with the Seattle area. The oh so tolerant liberals here will vandalize a car with any conservative bumper sticker.

That explains 1/2 of the morons around here with Obama, Kerry and Gore stickers still on their cars.
I guess the other half of the morons have Bush and Romney stickers? If that is your conclusion, I think that is fair.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:26 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'm in WI, we have wacked out libs here, I'd get my car keyed if I slapped a Romney sticker on my bumper.
I always wanted to put a big Santorum sign up this primary season to see what would happen to it...

Old 06-23-2012, 09:29 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,479,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I just ordered my bumper sticker for Romney. I was wondering if anyone else is putting a bumper sticker on their car or vehicle for support of your choice for President.
No. I value my car way too much to see it vandalized. Besides, bumper stickers are tacky.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:30 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Wow. I am surprised to see those who come into a political forum who do not express themselves politically. Maybe some areas it is better to leave it off.

I do. I don't put bumper stickers on my vehicles other than political. When Ross Perot ran , I made up a sign and put it on my lawn.

I also support the democrats and republicans locally, depending on who they are and what they stand for.. The mayor of my town was democrat and I supported him with a sign on my lawn . He acted more like a republican and kept our homeowners taxes lower than the surrounding communities. He left after years of service and we again have a democrat for mayor.

I also have people than I know personally that put the sign on my lawn and know I support them. They don't even have to ask and they are republican.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:31 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
I think a bumper sticker declaring your political support on a car, is ridiculous. I often wonder about the psyche of someone who does that. Almost as bad as those idiotic "family" stickers in the rear windows.
The "psyche?" Ummm, I doubt people put that much deep thought into it.

I have one bumper sticker on my car, only to cover a nasty ding/scratch some jerk gave me a few years ago. I'm too broke and apathetic to bother fixing it, so I've just kept a sticker there instead! I did have an "Adopt" HSUS sticker there, but it recently started to peel and fall apart... and since the only other one I had handy says OBAMA 2012 (given to me at a fair), I am now one of those psychologically-questionable folks of which you speak. Luckily I don't care how you'd interpret it, and about 70% of my neighbors will likely be voting for him too - so they probably won't care either.

Last edited by gizmo980; 06-23-2012 at 09:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies