Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 09:50 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
No they didn't, they said Obama's policies were making the increased costs worse. With Obama's new EPA regulations, and the actions by his energy and interior departments, he has driven up the costs for energy in this country.
But the cost of energy is overall down?

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."--Thomas Paine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 09:59 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
But the cost of energy is overall down?

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."--Thomas Paine
Down? From which reference are you drawing this ridiculous conclusion? Costs for electricity and gasoline in the nation, have risen sharply since he took office.

Or is this some more of the same deceitful play on numbers that the democrats used to make the absurd claim that federal spending under Obama increased at it's slowest rate in 60 years?

Here is some info for you dems to ponder:

Gasoline and Diesel Fuel Update

Last edited by OICU812; 06-26-2012 at 10:39 AM..

Old 06-26-2012, 10:50 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
All of you lefties that now think Obama is to credit for the price drop, let me ask you something.

Any coincidene that the price is dropping at election time? Almost like big oil is doing their part to help Obama win reelection by dropping the price so they can jackup and rake the consumer for another 4 years, ha?

Obama, in bed with big oil I guess..

Old 06-26-2012, 10:55 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
May we also attribute the persistant low growth environment we are stuck in to Jimmy Redux, also known as Mr President?

Old 06-26-2012, 10:57 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Exclamation lefty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
All of you lefties that now think Obama is to credit for the price drop, let me ask you something.

Mitt Romney, March 18, 2012: “He gets full credit or blame for what’s happened in this economy, and what’s happened to gasoline prices under his watch.

Oh, I get it now...lefty.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:57 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
I do think Obama is to credit (indirectly) for lower gas prices - since the election is nearby.

It has not been because of supply, demand, or the international reasons.

I posted an article a way back and it said the speculator portion of gas prices rose from around 35% to around 65% - and how that has never been the case. I think those speculators are now backing off to help Obama's election chances.

I still think gas prices will be at or below $2.50 when the election rolls around (assuming no major events take place).

Old 06-26-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Mitt Romney, March 18, 2012: “He gets full credit or blame for what’s happened in this economy, and what’s happened to gasoline prices under his watch.

Oh, I get it now...lefty.
Cant post an opinion of your own, can you?

Old 06-26-2012, 11:04 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
I dont need to provide you with anything more than a snippet because he said it, I said he said it, I was correct. You want the entire conversation and you think it holds relevance, then YOU have to find it..

Its not my job to educate you.
Well when you make the argument the burden of proofs falls to you. So again, you feel that just the simple act of posting a video that says what you want it to say, regardless of how bias the information, is acceptable? Do you understand what context is?

Did you not learn in school the appropriate sources to use?

Old 06-26-2012, 11:09 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:

Any coincidene that the price is dropping at election time? Almost like big oil is doing their part to help Obama win reelection by dropping the price so they can jackup and rake the consumer for another 4 years, ha?

Obama, in bed with big oil I guess..
Yea right. Because big oil has been sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo supportive of Obama so far. Keep coming up with excuses.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Well when you make the argument the burden of proofs falls to you. So again, you feel that just the simple act of posting a video that says what you want it to say, regardless of how bias the information, is acceptable? Do you understand what context is?

Did you not learn in school the appropriate sources to use?
The burden of proof falls on me to do what? Prove he said it? I did.. but you want to stand here and attack me like a whiny 5 year old on the school playground playing cooties game..
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Yea right. Because big oil has been sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo supportive of Obama so far. Keep coming up with excuses.
Then tell me what Obama did to cause the price to come down.. The burden of proof falls on you, so again, what did he do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies