Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 07:42 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see very little racism in this story but I also know that most people here won't read the link because of fear of the source so I guess I am a racist for posting it. Have a ball y'all calling me, the site, and the writer racists without reading the link. I find much for serious thought in the piece but then I am a white racist.

Can I Tell This Story and Not be Racist? - Godfather Politics
Should african americans start taking responsibility for their race, just has to happen. No change will come until they do. And many are.

But subsidies aren't breeding black peoples problems. Their problems indicate that they'll be on subsidies. Subsidies go to all races, all ages, all situations.

Pointing out that black people have a long way to go, and a lot of problems, is just acknowledgement of reality.

But the subsidies they are on help keep them from falling further down. Yes, some might be "forced to succeed", but you know that many, probably most, won't get to Oz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 07:47 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderBryce View Post
I bet 80% of those people including the author have never met a black person in their entire lives. Yet they feel they know how to fix our community; laughable at best.

This article is about as moronic as the various ones over at Huffington Post which seem to bash the Republicans and paint Progressives as the saviors of this country.

Give me a break.
Wow, more denial, it is scarey that you don't really see what destruction the underclass ghetto blacks are doing to the rest of you. You will be destroyed by your own people. I thought you were in denial, but now I'm starting to believe you have no clue.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:50 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see very little racism in this story but I also know that most people here won't read the link because of fear of the source so I guess I am a racist for posting it. Have a ball y'all calling me, the site, and the writer racists without reading the link. I find much for serious thought in the piece but then I am a white racist.

Can I Tell This Story and Not be Racist? - Godfather Politics
There is nothing wrong with having a discussion based upon the article (which I read). Nothing racist about it....but you still are based upon your posting history.

You are welcome. So glad that I could clear it up for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I don't think you're racist, but you and the writer of the author I think are ignorant because your article is false in the fact that there is not a distinctive "black culture" also in that all black people have a "victimhood" complex and that it mistakenly said that "the divorce and unwed mother rates were no different than white communities" (today it is only 1.5 times higher than whites so some could see this as an improvement, I don't but some could). That last quote is incorrect as black unwed mother rates have always been at least 3 times higher than that of whites in this country. Also it is incorrect as even today, the divorce rate amongst black couples is pretty much the same as white divorce rates.

So I don't view it as racist, because it is not espousing hate of black people. BUT it is perpetuating stereotypes of black people, ones that ignorant people widely believe are true, and because of that is perpetuates prejudices and ignorance about black Americans.
More denial.

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Are you arguing with reality? That being poor is linked to crimes (those that people just love to point the finger at blacks and Hispanics for)? I'm not trying to excuse any of it, though I think it's dumb of someone who hasn't been poor for a while if at all to take an attitude like they just KNOW how they'd handle being poor when they really have no idea. I'm just pointing out that this is a much more important factor to discuss.

But everyone wants to talk about race. Even though there's immensely more practical sense in tying financial instability to crime than tying the color of one's skin to crime.

Even pinning it on "Black subculture" is idiotic. Some blacks eat it up; I say it's BS, or at least that every family living on welfare (regardless of their race) needs to take it in as well because it applies to them too. Lower class people in general tend to stand in each other's way. They promote violence and drug use far more than they promote a good education and social competence.

If you insist on talking about race, you're quite misguided. But at least you're not alone.
Some people just like to steal. Period.. they like the thrill of it and the goodies... getting something for nothing is their attitude.. I know people who will take anything that isn't nailed down . It is a way of life and a way of thinking.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Everyone talking about race is either not thinking critically or a racist. How are people not getting that this has MUCH more to do with income and socioeconomic status? Blacks and Hispanics are more likely to commit various crimes because they're more likely to be poor. It's not hard to figure that out, people.

As if there could be any doubt.

"culture"
Work 2 jobs to support your family, I did!

Old 06-25-2012, 07:54 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Some people just like to steal. Period.. they like the thrill of it and the goodies... getting something for nothing is their attitude.. I know people who will take anything that isn't nailed down . It is a way of life and a way of thinking.
Bernie Madoff and all of his white collar crime buddies say "hello"

Old 06-25-2012, 07:55 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Correlated with what, being black/brown or having low income? As it pertains to my point, that's the only question I'd like an answer to.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
When you spend all your time creating race baiting threads and throwing out racist comments you ARE a racist. I'm guess you cannot help yourself, but to respond to your post, yes, you are a racist
What, racist for speaking the truth, you and your ilk should wake up and realize the black underclass are your destruction.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:02 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Many black preachers have said the worse thing to happen to the black community was welfare. The black family was stronger in the day before the welfare checks went out. Now the women raise the kids and the men hang on street corners and become Idle... they get in trouble , and since the manufacturing plants have left the urban areas they are now underemployed by high numbers.. The culture took a bad turn with rap spouting hate toward women, police and honoring violence. No good message in that kind of rap. Guns are killing the innocents on the streets and hoodlums roam the street looking for trouble.
Welfare wasn't the WORST thing to happen. The policies on which welfare was used changed. If there is a father in the house, then the family couldn't get welfare. You might want to think about that one. Welfare has been around long before. In fact, there was a program for White women during the 20's and 30's that gave them welfare that let the mothers stay home and take care of the children. I don't think welfare is the big problem, but rather the symptom of a much bigger problem.

Rap took a bad turn when the love of money came into the picture. Instead of rapping of being socially conscious and about important issues, it turned into rapping about hating women, police, and honoring violence. The bad stuff sold. People sold out in order to make quick money. Welfare is viewed for some people as free money. But this is merely a symptom of a much bigger problem.

Taking guns away from people won't work. If people want to kill, they'll find a way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies