Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 04:36 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

I see very little racism in this story but I also know that most people here won't read the link because of fear of the source so I guess I am a racist for posting it. Have a ball y'all calling me, the site, and the writer racists without reading the link. I find much for serious thought in the piece but then I am a white racist.

Can I Tell This Story and Not be Racist? - Godfather Politics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 04:39 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Racist!

Old 06-25-2012, 04:53 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Yes most definitely, you can. Nothing racist about being true. So much of the reading, is what is going on here and now, nothing racist about this.

This piece to me is not about being a racist, as any more then being true to one's own self, can't do this if your dependent and don't see anything wrong with being dependent.

Not everyone is, but there are so many more people dependent today since Obama is in office, then any other time. more homeless, and more welfare children, heard this the other night on cable. Infact the gentlemen talking said we cannot go on as we are before turning into a thrid world Country.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:54 PM

575 posts, read 554,489 times
I bet 80% of those people including the author have never met a black person in their entire lives. Yet they feel they know how to fix our community; laughable at best.

This article is about as moronic as the various ones over at Huffington Post which seem to bash the Republicans and paint Progressives as the saviors of this country.

Give me a break.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:56 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Consider these statistics from The New Century Foundation’s The Color of Crime (2005), an American report on the differences in crime rates by race. It found the following:
Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate.
Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.
Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs. Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.
Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than whites. Hispanics are three times more likely.
Where are the statistics on how often Black people are suspected of crimes vs. how often White people are suspected of crimes? Where are the statistics on how often White people get away with crimes, unscathed and unreported, while their Black counterparts are convicted and incarcerated? Where are the statistics comparing the sentences White people vs. Black people receive, for the same crime? Where are the statistics on the white-collar crimes that rich White CEO’s commit, but everyone keeps quiet cause they’re getting paid well? Where are the statistics on all the unreported crimes?

The justice system is not any more immune to racism than any other institution. Therefore, we cannot just rely on statistics to tell us how pervasive racism is, because the very process of reporting and convicting criminals is conducted through the same lens of racism as everything else in society.

Anyone who says this…

Quote:
Blacks of America unite . . . the only thing you have to lose are your chains of dependency and victimhood.
…is
1) Not Black
2) Doesn’t know any Black people personally (hearing Morgan Freeman as the voice for Through the Wormhole doesn’t count)
3) Is completely oblivious to the social dynamics around them, unwillingly
4) Is completely obviously to the social dynamics around them, willingly, a.k.a. in denial

Old 06-25-2012, 05:07 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
I don't think you're racist, but you and the writer of the author I think are ignorant because your article is false in the fact that there is not a distinctive "black culture" also in that all black people have a "victimhood" complex and that it mistakenly said that "the divorce and unwed mother rates were no different than white communities" (today it is only 1.5 times higher than whites so some could see this as an improvement, I don't but some could). That last quote is incorrect as black unwed mother rates have always been at least 3 times higher than that of whites in this country. Also it is incorrect as even today, the divorce rate amongst black couples is pretty much the same as white divorce rates.

So I don't view it as racist, because it is not espousing hate of black people. BUT it is perpetuating stereotypes of black people, ones that ignorant people widely believe are true, and because of that is perpetuates prejudices and ignorance about black Americans.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:28 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see very little racism in this story but I also know that most people here won't read the link because of fear of the source so I guess I am a racist for posting it. Have a ball y'all calling me, the site, and the writer racists without reading the link. I find much for serious thought in the piece but then I am a white racist.

Can I Tell This Story and Not be Racist? - Godfather Politics
Racist is the most overworked word in the nation at this point. Want a quick way out for every colossal failure in life ?? You can always play the "racism" card. It's getting to the point where the word really
has no meaning.

All that being said, I think you called the shot roysoldboy. Better duck, they will be throwing rocks at you for the next 20 posts or so--------

Old 06-25-2012, 05:35 PM

659 posts, read 1,014,782 times
If anyone ever watched Hardcore pawn, it's a perfect example.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:58 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Everyone talking about race is either not thinking critically or a racist. How are people not getting that this has MUCH more to do with income and socioeconomic status? Blacks and Hispanics are more likely to commit various crimes because they're more likely to be poor. It's not hard to figure that out, people.

As if there could be any doubt.

"culture"

Old 06-25-2012, 06:06 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,677 times
So a self proclaimed racist and pro-segregationist along with an organization built upon the superiority of "Northern Europeans" is giving me unbiased information and advice on how to save my race.

How selfless of them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies