Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you suffer from White Guilt?
Yes 16 5.65%
No 267 94.35%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 06:41 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,750,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
It is soooo easy to quote some Bs that you heard and instead of looking into the reason why the may be true, is'nt it?

As far as the "black kids" are so interested in shooting hoops remark, did it ever occur to your ignorant ass that is how many of them get into college in the first place!
Quote:
Which they are promptly exploited by the Universities without pay.
I don't hear you mentioning the white kids that play hockey, tannis, golf ect or the latinoa kids that are interested in baseball or soccer why are you singling out black kids? Do you know any of them personally or at least talked to those who actually want to go to college but cannot afford it?

Of course you have no clue as to why their is such a large disparity in the black incarseration rates of young blackmen or just people in general because you never asked just repeated the same bs that faux and other right wing talk shows tell you. There are a variety of reason for the disparities but listing them would not do you a bit of good
Exploited my ass, they are there on a scholarship and pushed through with having to do little or no work, taking courses like, basket weaving and black cultural studies crap. Have you ever listened to an interview with the average black college/NBA basket ball player, their grammar and diction are horrible and they barely know their own name, so what is it exactly they are learning?

Old 06-30-2012, 07:02 AM

190 posts, read 301,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique27 View Post
So does seeing those white trailer parks make you feel disgusting? How about the fact the more whites are on welfare and more white women use Affirmation Action then blacks do?
1) Trailer parks are nothing compared to cities like Camden, Newark, Gary or average Martin Luther King Jr street in most American cities.
2) Not all trailer parks are disgusting dangerous places but most importanlty I don't see them right in the middle of some of the richest American cities. It's different to be poor in a poor rural area and different to be poor in the middle of the most expensive and rich American cities.
2) Of course there are might be more whites on welfare (I am curious about the data but can't find it), blacks are just 15% of population, which means that then whites which means that ultimately whites and Asians are paying for black welfare.

Last edited by trialbyfire; 06-30-2012 at 07:13 AM..

Old 06-30-2012, 07:09 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,458,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guestJ23 View Post
The Black community problem has roots that are too deep to be solved by a simplistic 'pull yourself up by your bootstraps' speech or the 'this minority group has done well, why can't you?' story.
Quoted for truth.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:22 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,898,400 times
Quote:
So does seeing those white trailer parks make you feel disgusting? How about the fact the more whites are on welfare and more white women use Affirmation Action then blacks do?
Not all trailer parts are nasty. White people on welfare? Out of 100 of us on the "street" how many are on it compared to out of 100 Black people? Sheesh!

I have NO use for affirmative action tho I'd give it to vets 1st.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Exploited my ass, they are there on a scholarship and pushed through with having to do little or no work, taking courses like, basket weaving and black cultural studies crap. Have you ever listened to an interview with the average black college/NBA basket ball player, their grammar and diction are horrible and they barely know their own name, so what is it exactly they are learning?
I've seen and heard that. My English ain't that good but it's a whole lot BETTER than most Black football or basketball players. What's different is the Black dudes who run are more likely to talk proper.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guestJ23 View Post
What are you so mad about? Your stat is correct as far as I can tell, but the college-prison stat is not and I see it always being used as a fact.

The Black community problem has roots that are too deep to be solved by a simplistic 'pull yourself up by your bootstraps' speech or the 'this minority group has done well, why can't you?' story.
Sounds like the Irish back in the day. Tho many of us DID die or get tossed in jail along the way to middle class. The same things are going on with Black people in the US too.

There's hope for Blacks IMHO: the young women more and more are bettering themselves and IF it means kicking those "brothas" who are fools to the curb and taking anglo white dudes as husbands, oh well. The good Black men we don't hear about cause they're taking care of business.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:14 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,505,334 times
I'm black and I don't think that white people should feel guilt, I think they should be embarresed. If you found out that your mom or dad was a drug addict or a murderer, you wouldn't feel guilt but you'd be embarrassed.

Why did affirmative action and the civil rights movement happen? It wasn't done to give blacks an advantage. It was done to try to level the playing field.

For those who brought up that the Irish & Germans suffered as well, that is true but it was irrevellent after ww2, when you were considered white.

I find it appalling that people say that we should forget the past and move on just because they don't realize that racism still exits today. But whites can't see it cause it never happended to them. In about 50 to 60 years from now, when you become a minority, you will finally understand what black people were complaining about.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:17 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,909 times
Quote:
What does that mean - "use" affirmative action?

Old 06-30-2012, 09:23 AM

190 posts, read 301,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Thanks to colonization by British and Dutch.
That's what happens through out history: more advanced culture colonize less advance cultures and for the colonized it means civilizational jump start.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:24 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,505,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
What does that mean - "use" affirmative action?
It means that white woman benefited from affirmative action as much as blacks did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies