Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 06:50 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Would you care if it was a heterosexual couple?

Would we have a thread on it?
More than likely it would have remained in the local paper, just like all the other shootings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 07:00 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Friends reel from shooting of teen lesbian couple in Texas - U.S. News

From the article:
Friends and family of two teenage girls in a same-sex relationship who were shot in the head in a South Texas park expressed shock and grief Tuesday over the incident in which one of the young women was killed and the other severely injured.
Mollie Judith Olgin, 19, and Mary Christine Chapa, 18, were found in knee-deep grass in a nature area in Portland by a couple Saturday, said Portland Police Chief Randy Wright, who confirmed to msnbc.com details first reported by the Corpus Christi Caller Times.

Thoughts?
I live in Corpus Christi, Tex. It still has not been proved that this a hate crime. People down here can be indifferent at times, but not to the point of murder. I still think that. Until there is more detailed information that proves such, there is no need to tarnish our area.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:22 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I live in Corpus Christi, Tex. It still has not been proved that this a hate crime. People down here can be indifferent at times, but not to the point of murder. I still think that. Until there is more detailed information that proves such, there is no need to tarnish our area.
As the father of a gay son and involved with the gay community I'll add that Texas is one of the most accepting of other people lifestyles. There are crazy people everywhere, look at the murders in Chicago this year. How many gays do you think have been murdered in Obama's home town in the last 6 months ?

Old 06-26-2012, 07:40 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Two people happen to be killed and because they are lesbians it rises to national news.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:58 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,646,465 times
Not that this makes much difference, but I noticed that CBS felt compelled to edit one girl out of the kissing photo. Little did I know that such a sight would be so traumatizing. It's not like there aren't any photos of Mollie Olgin by herself, so why bother with the photo manipulating?

Old 06-26-2012, 08:20 PM

749 posts, read 838,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So you are upset that MSNBC reported a story about a violent murder because the couple was gay?
No sir....I was merely pointing out the fact that media outlets such as MSNBC have an agenda....and that is to stir up as many hornets nests as they can.

The local outlet simply reported a senseless murder. MSNBC chose to sensationalize it further.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:25 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
I hope the find the reasons for this attack soon. If it is indeed because the two girls were a couple then this should be fully treated as a hate crime. No consenting adults in this world should be gunned down because they love eachother.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:28 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Watch how the political agenda monkeys turn this into their narcissistic cause.
Note also how quickly some have been to chime in and declare the killing wasn't because they were gay.

See, it works both ways.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:31 PM

749 posts, read 838,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
Note also how quickly some have been to chime in and declare the killing wasn't because they were gay.

See, it works both ways.
Nobody is declaring anything...simply stating that as of yet, there hasn't been any reported evidence to support a hate crime charge.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:40 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
Nobody is declaring anything...simply stating that as of yet, there hasn't been any reported evidence to support a hate crime charge.
I think some people are soooo hoping this is a hate crime, they can't think straight. It is all about their agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies