Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 04:47 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

If they want this madness or not. This election is now framed on the healthcare decision. Time to run these lying communists out of DC once and for all and take back the government and repeal this insanity. This is basically what Roberts said in his decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 04:47 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
What an idea! When I had my appendix out I should have just gotten my checkbook out and written a check for $10,000! I'm so lucky I have insurance, but, not everybody does....charity hospital????
FYI..the poster said catastrophic plan which means surgeries in hospitals are covered.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:49 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,436 times
Except he never mentioned anything about Communists. Do you even know what that is?

I don't think it means what you think it means.

Try again and try to enjoy Obama's re-election!

Old 06-28-2012, 04:50 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Obama said it wasn't a tax.
The Supreme Court said it was a tax.

It's the Supreme Court's fault.
That's why I am against lifetime appointments.

The US is the only country with lifetime appointments to its top court.
The first nine justices left the Supreme Court after serving 8-10 years.
Now, its up to almost 30 years.

What was the life expectancy back in the 1700's in America.....36
Wow, that baby sure looks cute wearing a robe

Old 06-28-2012, 04:50 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Ermmm.. seat belts. Thought you said something about controlling behavior. People used to hate seat belts. And motorcycle helmets. Et al.
That's different. You have to wear a seatbelt if you choose to ride in a car.

The health care mandate will affect you whether you make any choices or not. If you are sitting in a shack up in the mountains, minding your own business, you are still forced to buy a product. That doesn't send shivers down your spine?

Old 06-28-2012, 04:51 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,933,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Largest tax increase in the history of the country in a time we are in the biggest depression since WWII. Yippe. Only fools cheer this on. After all this is what the supremes said. It is not up to us to decide whether this is good or bad for the people. It is up to us to decide if its constitutions and they have the power to levy taxes which they said this is. So the democrats lied the entire time about it not being a tax first off then cheer when this monster of a tax is hoisted upon the country during a depression. And this is good in their eyes. Just wait until the next barrel is unloaded which will be the EPA global warming taxes on our heating and electricity bills. Obama and his cronies intended to destroy this country as we know it and are well on their way and cheering the entire time. Maybe the swooners are just too dumb to realize it?
* And who's policies caused this "biggest depression" which occurred before 2008 - a culmination of 30 years of policy! Certainly not someone you support and want to return to.
* You are unhappy with "Obama's cronies" - the Republican Supreme Court? Amazing, the right-wing rationales.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:52 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
What an idea! When I had my appendix out I should have just gotten my checkbook out and written a check for $10,000! I'm so lucky I have insurance, but, not everybody does....charity hospital????
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
FYI..the poster said catastrophic plan which means surgeries in hospitals are covered.
HappyTexan is correct.

Let's look at this. What caused costs to skyrocket in the first place? A bad decision by Reagan to mandate everyone get treated by the ER regardless of insurance or ability to pay. Sounded good on the face but law of unintended consequences caused all of us to see our insurance premiums shoot up. Solution? Undo that. I would like it to go a step further and eliminate these comprehensive policies all together and just have catastrophic ones.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I have not seen that one, sounds like a good idea. It used to be 40%.
The top rate on dividend income will go from 15% to 44.6%
Is Obamacare Tax Killing Stocks? - Forbes

Old 06-28-2012, 04:58 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
I salute your courage for being an adult about the decision. I think it is a bit irresponsible for young people to assume that just because one is young that no health issues will arise. They often do, sometimes with serious financial consequences. I had health insurance when I was young since it was offered by my employer. When I was 24 I became very ill and had to be hospitalized for a week, and then had to see my family doctor nearly on a weekly basis for several months. Had I not had insurance, I'd have been screwed financially. I think it is very important for everyone to have some form of health insurance regardless of one's present state of health or age.
No one has to worry about not having coverage. If you get a disease then you get coverage. You can not be refused for pre-existing conditions. Many people will pay the fine and skip insurance until they need it. Silly law.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:58 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,933,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
That's different. You have to wear a seatbelt if you choose to ride in a car.

The health care mandate will affect you whether you make any choices or not. If you are sitting in a shack up in the mountains, minding your own business, you are still forced to buy a product. That doesn't send shivers down your spine?
And when "minding your own business" who pays when you are injured and need extensive medical services? You would refuse treatment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies