Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2012, 03:35 AM

3,016 posts, read 3,910,427 times

Advertisements

I can't wait until the government starts applying the strategy and flawed logic that made Health Care Reform possible to other types of insurance in the US.

Like for example. . . . . life insurance. Millions of Americans do not have any type of life insurance coverage and it could be argued it is due to the cost associated with it. So only a percentage of Americans are able to "afford" it. And that means that the rest of society is covering the costs involved with caring for dependents of people that do not have life insurance when or if they die. Life insurance, of course should be a right just like health insurance and those that cannot afford it should have the rest of society pay for it for them just like what is going to happen with health insurance. All Americans should have life insurance coverage, not just a select and elite few that can afford it. And on some level, the cost of life insurance overall is very expensive because some people choose not to obtain it. Under the new Life Insurance Reform Law, people will be required to secure a life insurance policy or pay a penalty (a tax) that is a percentage of their income every year. The rest of the country is tired over covering the costs associated with some people not having life insurance for their dependents when they die and the state and federal government already has to use tax revenue to support the spouses and children that are left behind when a family member passes away. So under the new Life Insurance Reform Law, everyone will be required to have a policy and employers will have to provide coverage or also pay fines and taxes every year if they choose not to.

It will work exactly like the Health Insurance Reform Law. And the same flawed and tragic logic that made the Health Insurance Reform Law (making it "affordable") possible will be applied to the Life Insurance Reform Law. Seriously, it is necessary. After all, everyone should have the basic right to life insurance. Its not fair that some people can afford it and leave the money to their dependents and heirs while millions of other Americans die without any tranferable wealth to be left for those that they left behind. Life Insurance should be something all Americans have, and then society will not have to take care of the people left behind by a family member when they die and have to do so through benefit programs, assistance, welfare, etc. As a nation, we need to be strong enough to make the right decision and enact a law that guarantees that every American have affordable access to life insurance coverage.

Pre-existing factors (PIF)

If you are really old and about to die, or engage in any risky behavior or sports (like skydiving or base jumping) you will still be eligible to get life insurance under the new Making Life Insurance Affordable Law. Even if you have been committed to a hospital multiple times for being suicidal (with attempts) or have stated to the insurance company that you want to kill yourself - you will not be denied coverage. And if you cannot afford it, then the rest of the taxpayers will cover the bill.

Young Adult Coverage

They can stay on their parents policy until they are 26 years old so if they die young, their parents can recover all of the money they spent in the previous two decades raising them, paying for their college and dealing with the stress of parenthood.

Affordable Insurance Exchanges

Starting in 2018, you will be able to shop for the most affordable life insurance coverage in new state based Affordable Insurance Exchanges. And if you are low on money for your policy then the state that has an exclusive monopoly on the use of force (through coercive taxation) in the geographical region that you live will take money from other people: "the rich" and cover the costs associated with your life insurance. After all, like health insurance, it is a right.

And the key aspect of it all is similiar to the health insurance reform law / mandate. If you cannot afford it, then you will still be able to get it although paid for by other people when the end result of their productive efforts (work) is taken by force through taxation and if you can afford it, you will be required to get it or the collection agency used by the US government (the IRS) will make you pay a percentage of your income as a penalty every year.

There will be a myriad of insane tax credits, related deductions, subsidies, state assistance and federal aid that will turn the entire circus into one big shell game and house of smoke and mirrors. That is how charades like this work and they do not have anything to do with insurance but rather increasing the control the government has over the lives of Americans and in every way. And no, politicians do not care if anyone has any type of insurance. Health insurance, life insurance, homeowner's insurance or car insurance. It is all about control. Nothing more and nothing less. And the most vile and twisted form of control in a civilized society (or what is left of this one now) is the use of confiscatory taxation through the use of force by an entity (the government) that has an exclusive monopoly on the use of force and the foundation of it involves taking resources (money) from certain members of the popoulation and using it to subsidize the lives of another segment of the population. And by doing that reduces the producers (those working and paying taxes) who live to support those that do not produce down to the level of slaves - both to the government and the faceless masses, whos existence the rest of society are forced to sustain.

Wake up people. The threat is real. . . . .

And there is a storm coming. I can guarantee all of you that when it all finally hits the fan, it will not be pretty. And no. There will not be any tax credits, assistance or subsidies for ammunition when the time comes.

I never thought I would see the day in my lifetime when this great nation finally collapsed.

the Skydive Outlaw

Last edited by Skydive Outlaw; 06-29-2012 at 03:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 04:10 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Wake up people. The threat is real. . . . .

And there is a storm coming. I can guarantee all of you that when it all finally hits the fan, it will not be pretty. And no. There will not be any tax credits, assistance or subsidies for ammunition when the time comes.

I never thought I would see the day in my lifetime when this great nation finally collapsed.

the Skydive Outlaw
I'd get yourself outta there now while you still can..
Perhaps follow this mans example of living a life of your own.
http://www.dickproenneke.com/DickProenneke.html

Old 06-29-2012, 04:29 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoilers4me View Post
The SMARTEST thing the middle class could do is pay the penalty! Two and a half percent of an AGI of $199,999.00 is CHEAPER than what my husband and I pay per year for insurance. The way I feel now is, it's finally MY turn to get something for free. This is already unsustainable.
Paying the penalty does not give you health care, except ER which you have now with no penalty.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:30 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Americans I've talked to on holiday told me that they don't dare leave their jobs, even if they are unhappy at work.They stay because their company pays for their medical insurance.
Reminds me of my brother down in Florida who has been on a company healthcare plan for many years well last year the company went out of business and his healthcare was terminated,he;s now having an impossible time finding a job and to date no healthcare insurance wants to touch him as he contracted diabetes a few years ago ,not sure what he's gonna do but life is definitely a struggle at this point and its only going to get tougher when his unemployment runs out.
Funny thing is he's totally against Obamacare and continually spouts off about supposed lazy bums mooching off the governments social programs and other nanny state entitlements
Dude ya got no job,no healthcare,collecting unemployment insurance, and at 50 years old you're about to move back in with Mom and Dad..

Old 06-29-2012, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Not sure how I feel on this yet-I read a lot of posts about people unhappy that they MUST have Health Insurance-Why would you NOT want to have it? What if, God forbid, something catastrophic happened-how would you be able to afford to pay the expenses? I understand not wanting to be forced to do something, I really do, but I can't get why folks would choose to not be covered in case of the unexpected?
Maybe someone wants to just pay for catastrophic coverage, without all the doctor visits and such. It is much cheaper. That will not be acceptable to the king anymore. You will get fined.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:50 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Be sure to thank the middle class for that. They're paying for you to get your freebies from the gov't.
They don't get that. They never have and they never will, period. They just plain don't get the fact that nothing is free, period.

Let me put it in a way even braindeads can understand: Let's say Hostess decides to give away free Twinkies to people with 4 or more kids or people who make less than $25,000/yr. Is Hostess going to make Twinkies at a loss? No. Those with less than 4 kids or who make more than $25,000 are going to pay more for their Twinkies, thereby covering the cost of the so-called free Twinkies.

But the braindeads don't care. In their minds, those who have more deserve to pay more.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
It's still a surprising decision. Rush is exactly spot on with his comments, because no one would have expected Judge Roberts, conservative that he is, to decide the way he ended up today. A lot of people are still in shock over this. This is a very tragic decision (and, really, the second in a week) made by our Supreme Court.
The third really. The DC court basically upheld any regulation that will thwart "global warming".

Old 06-29-2012, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post

Remember Las Vegas 100 year old flood. Should everyone in the State be mandated to buy
flood insurance, because you never know, you might get flooded some day in Winnemucca
If the king decides that he wants you to buy that flood insurance in the desert, the court has ruled it is constitutional.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
He pretty much describes the situation as it is now - uninsured people run into medical crises, and as we refuse to do the Randian thing and let them croak, we (the insured) are stuck paying the bill through our insurance premiums.

With the ACA, we at least get the "I'm perfectly healthy, hence not my problem (right now)" crowd into the insurance pool.
But before all we had to pay for was ER visits. Now we will pay for their cadilac plan.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:27 AM

24 posts, read 14,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Question for you. What happens when you don't pay federal taxes?
Technically, you don't have to pay the Federal Income Tax.

AMERICA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies