Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 01:17 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,936,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
No, mandate is having to buy a service. It is not a tax. No mention of a tax anywhere. none!
So the SCOTUS is incorrect? And US Solicitor General Donald Verelli? He was wrong too, when he argued in front of the SCOTUS, that the ability to levy this penalty is rooted in authority given Congress to levy taxes?

If it's not a tax, from where does the authority come to impose the penalty?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 01:18 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,129 times
The Republican's are becoming the "Cancer" of the USA and hopefully will one day try for America and NOT huge corporations. I knowwwwwwwww it probably won't happen but maybe if they STOP just being obstructive and get some intelligent thought............. maybe... just maybe they MIGHT become viable.?????????????????????????

Old 06-28-2012, 01:20 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yes the people who cry about never having any money always mangage to find it for a big screen, ipad, ipod, internet, cable, new car payment, etc. etc. etc. Priorities are all out of whack. Then when something happens they scream not fair.
Funny how every political thread on C-D sooner or later gets back to those thieving, good for nothing scammers who abuse the system by being poor and disadvantaged. When push comes to shove, in some people's eyes, it's always all their fault. I'm sure these very same people were the major influence in Judge Roberts decision.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:21 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,451,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Obamacare isn't insurance, so it doesn't cover anyone. Instead, those people that couldn't afford health insurance in the first place will now also have to pay a tax.

(scratching head)

So now there is a new tax we must pay, and those who cannot afford to pay this tax will face another tax for not paying it?

7,500 posts, read 5,749,500 times
Quote:
Obamacare isn't insurance, so it doesn't cover anyone. Instead, those people that couldn't afford health insurance in the first place will now also have to pay a tax.
Save your breath, these folks never paid federal taxes in their life so they won't get it.. They have however lived off the taxes of others which makes perfect sense to them..

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
If it's a TAX, doesn't this decision give the IRS a new tool for dealing with illegal aliens?

And shouldn't those in Congress who coddle illegal aliens now insist that these aliens pay their fair share of TAX?
most of them collect social service/welfare benefits, so how the heck are you going to tax them?

it's just MORE STUPIDITY from this administration.

they are so beyond delusional at this point that it is really scary.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:23 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Oh this post is not about solutions of healthcare we don't actually have liberty to discuss solutions that DON'T INVOLVE the government.
Since I know I am not going to change your mind about how to even VIEW a service or how people got healthcare before 1960 its just pointless.
You know what I like is if my options were to not BUY insurance that has laws and prices fixed to government corruption and insurance corruption I would choice CHARITY! You know the things doctors use to do, the places were free people and good people with hearts and MONEY could work together before government RUINED the industry. But we can't do that right, to much freedom for the individual and the insurance copies and governments would lose control and over priced charges. Obamacare has nothing to do with liberty its about giving you the illusion that you have another choice based on a system CREATED by government to screw us over in the long run.
In a nation of 300 million people and growing, "charity" is not a sustainable policy for giving millions of people access to healthcare. And, by the way, that "charity" is paid for by someone, and the costs for the person requiring the "charity" are generally much, much higher than they would have been if that person hadn't been shut out of the healthcare system altogether with no access to preventative care until things got catastrophic for them.

Prior to 1960, many people, particularly seniors, had very limited access to health care - Medicare and Medicaid was a major improvement for many millions.

I suppose you wish for the liberty of people to just experience financial ruin due to health emergencies, to not have any access to preventative care they can afford, and for millions to basically receive the level of care you'd expect in Mogadishu all while living in the richest country on the planet. If that's what you want, go for it - live in the wilderness and don't ever seek medical care that you can't pay for directly out of pocket. For me and many others, that's not much to yearn for.

Last edited by ambient; 06-28-2012 at 01:32 PM..

Old 06-28-2012, 01:23 PM

353 posts, read 458,410 times
Quote:
Indeed. That's all this means to me. I am a part-time student and I work in retail. My paychecks are usually around 425-430 dollars every two weeks. One of my paychecks goes to rent. The other goes to gas, car insurance, food, car maintenance and the occasional (very rare) entertainment purchase. Obamacare just means I'm going to have that much less money in my pocket. I have no desire for health insurance, because I cannot afford it. I have only ever had to go to the doctor once in my adult life, and I paid for it out of my pocket. By 2014 I should be done with school, but there is no guarantee I will be able to get a job. I may have to work two jobs just to be able to handle the rising inflation and this unconstitutional tax.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:25 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead0043 View Post
Indeed. That's all this means to me. I am a part-time student and I work in retail. My paychecks are usually around 425-430 dollars a month. One of my paychecks goes to rent. The other goes to gas, car insurance, food, car maintenance and the occasional (very rare) entertainment purchase. Obamacare just means I'm going to have that much less money in my pocket. I have no desire for health insurance, because I cannot afford it. I have only ever had to go to the doctor once in my adult life, and I paid for it out of my pocket. By 2014 I should be done with school, but there is no guarantee I will be able to get a job. I may have to work two jobs just to be able to handle the rising inflation and this unconstitutional tax.
you also probably don't need it because you are young and healthy.

welcome to the realization about the screwing over that you are getting from this administration.

there is no looking out for the "little guy" here.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:25 PM

865 posts, read 623,071 times
I literally wept at this decision because it's the death of America...here comes tyranny.

...and I have nowhere to go to escape it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies